Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #20,671 of 33,689
Actually, this week, I have been enjoying some DIY earbuds that my husband made. The HungryPanda Spirit :)

IEMs most recently enjoyed include the ZSN, BQEYZ KB100, Nicehck P3 and a really cheap little Amazon UK iem that seems to be a rebrand of the NABOLANG F910.

I really do already have way too many iems. If I get the Kanas, it will be my last. Does that violet cable add to the cost?
Yea, it adds to the cost.
Standard Kanas is brushed. Pro is stainless.

Frankly, it comes with SPC cable made by Lyre Acoustics. They're great. And I heard that the violet cable doesnt add much value to the IEM. Your call entirely however .

If you are looking for lower prices I can suggest you a way in PM on how got em for like 170 CAD, with EMS.

I am completely set with these IEMs. Honestly, I don't need much more and I am a downright fan of Moondrop's sound after Kanas Pro. Might aim for their customs soon (though they are on a two month backlog now) and really looking forward to their 1DD 1Tesla IEM.

(Edited)
What is the sound difference in brief between Kanas and Kanas Pro? Thanks in advance! :)

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #20,673 of 33,689
Closely examining Debauche Bacchus Monroe IEMs - 2 dynamic drivers (8mm titanium film and 10mm graphene) with old school design. Sound seems to resemble the theme - mellow, emotional and bassy. I would post my findings in a couple of days.

_DSC9072.jpg _DSC9102.jpg _DSC9113.jpg

Dec 16, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #20,674 of 33,689
I tested my newly acquired Audbos P4 today, and found that they are technically on a higher level than all my previous iems. So I'm really finding it hard to judge these.
To me they feel significantly more midcentric than the neutral Tinaudio T2, but that could very well be due to the very intimate soundstage. I strongly feel that the soundstage is really small though, probably one of the smallest I've heard. Or maybe I get this feeling due to the excellent instrument seperation which makes them 'dense' and overwhelming.

They are able to pull me into the music and I really don't feel like analysing anything. If I try to, it quickly gets tiring. Better just let the guitars flow and vocals soar!

Tip rolling makes little difference (from my small collection) and for the time being, I have put small wide bore tips on them.
They are very sensitive though, and get very loud easily. They are also slightly affected by the source.

Talking about comfort, they have a very snug fit. I can't see them falling out of my ears even after vigorous shaking. On the other hand, the top edge touches my outer ear which is slightly uncomfortable. So I don't think I'll be able to wear them for several hours.
I like the cable, it feels durable and is really light. No tangling. There is some cable noise though and they demand a shirt chip (which is not provided)

Since I don't have any comparable gear, I'll need a lot of time to get used to these guys. Nonetheless, I'm liking them a lot.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #20,675 of 33,689
Wow, that`s very good to hear. Not that I find my modded IT01 any way congested or muddy - they certainly are not.
Seems that Moondrop Kanas Pro will be my next IEM as that last comparison point vs. IT01 locked my aim 100% ;P

Btw, what was Your source gear/amping when You compared IT01 vs. Kanas Pro ?

Straight off my Audiotrak Prodigy Cube Black Edition with Burson v5i opamp, that's my desktop unit which I like a lot. 4-5 minutes with the IT01 was enough to certainly assess its inferiority but to be fair if I had carried on listening to the IT01 I would most probably have gradually enjoyed it more and more as time went by, contrast was quite stark though. Also, the Kanas Pro doesn't deliver its best on that source, it scales up very nicely to deliver an even more impressive performance on my QP1R DAP. I am not sure how the IT01 would perform on that but I know for sure that the EN700 Pro which is already better than the IT01 to me on the cube doesn't scale up to the QP1R.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #20,676 of 33,689
Closely examining Debauche Bacchus Monroe IEMs - 2 dynamic drivers (8mm titanium film and 10mm graphene) with old school design. Sound seems to resemble the theme - mellow, emotional and bassy. I would post my findings in a couple of days.

Hi! How would you compare the DB Monroe to the ikko OH1? They are priced the same at Penon Audio store.

Dec 16, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #20,677 of 33,689
To be fair (or possibly condemning), it's possible that the other guy wasn't getting a good enough seal to trigger the flex - in which case he needs to learn about getting a proper fit. Or possibly there are inconsistencies in the IEMs which would be a quality control issue. Then again, it might come down to individual ear anatomy. It's hard to tell unless more people chime in on their experience with the U1.

Both U1 sides sure flex the same for me and my experience with IT01 flex is just about what people report about it on average so I wouldn't think QC or my particular ear shape would be the main cause. Also all my my iems with graphene or carbon nanotube drivers flex to some degree and how much they do flex seem to be dependent on the amount of front venting, the more venting the less flex. With the U1 having CNT drivers and no front venting at all, it's no surprise to me its flex is the worst of all.

To me this seems to be the typical/usual case of free sample reviews that ignore or brush off negative aspects and, amusingly, I just happened to stumble upon your Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn review and to my great surprise (not really) I didn't find anything in it saying you find it to be an anemic sounding iem with overdone treble like you said in a post in this thread yesterday.... :wink:

Teasing aside, bottom line for me is that a dynamic driver IEM with no front venting is plain bad design and this should be mentioned in reviews.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #20,678 of 33,689
The CCA C10 are here!

First impressions today are excellent! They do nothing wrong and offensive, but rather present a non-harsh spectrum of great details!
They have an eerie close sound signature to the KZ ZSN! :astonished: The only difference I can hear so far is less aggressiveness coming from the C10, that's it! I can see these already being a total hit for those that prefer precision details over aggressive details like the ZSN. I can not find any weakness so far, but this is premature to say the least. I'll be burning these in all week and will give more impressions later.
So far, these might be another winner in my book! :trophy: For now, enjoy the PIC's I provided in comparison to the ZSN.

Yes, the package that the CCA came in says KZ! ...and the package sure resembles KZ, as well. :point_down:
P_20181216_163455_1_1_1_2.jpg P_20181216_170850_2_1.jpg
P_20181216_171412_2.jpg P_20181216_171549_1.jpg
ZSN and C10 side by side... They are actually the same size!
P_20181216_173620_1.jpg P_20181216_173646_1.jpg P_20181216_173713_1.jpg P_20181216_173730_1.jpg P_20181216_174150_1.jpg
Both cables are pretty good! Notice the difference on the Y-splitter...
P_20181216_174328_1.jpg P_20181216_174559_1.jpg P_20181216_174404_1.jpg Hope you enjoyed the new CCA C10 from the KZ family!

-Clear

Dec 16, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #20,680 of 33,689
The CCA C10 are here!

First impressions today are excellent! They do nothing wrong and offensive, but rather present a non-harsh spectrum of great details!
They have an eerie close sound signature to the KZ ZSN! :astonished: The only difference I can hear so far is less aggressiveness coming from the C10, that's it! I can see these already being a total hit for those that prefer precision details over aggressive details like the ZSN. I can not find any weakness so far, but this is premature to say the least. I'll be burning these in all week and will give more impressions later.
So far, these might be another winner in my book! :trophy: For now, enjoy the PIC's I provided in comparison to the ZSN.

Yes, the package that the CCA came in says KZ! ...and the package sure resembles KZ, as well. :point_down:

Hope you enjoyed the new CCA C10 from the KZ family!

-Clear

The Cinese market must be on fire now, KZ started by having tribute IEMs to others, and now other IEMs are copying them :)

Dec 16, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #20,681 of 33,689
The CCA C10 are here!

Hope you enjoyed the new CCA C10 from the KZ family!

-Clear
So glad I ordered a pair of c10's I can't wait to hear them for myself. I love the KZ ZSN but didn't like the some of the harshness or aggressiveness about them. However you got to give kz credit for zsn it's from what you say very close to the cca c10 and it's like half the price. Still like I said your impressions make me really excited to hear them:thumbsup:

Edit: Also it's hilarious they are basically the same.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #20,682 of 33,689
So glad I ordered a pair of c10's I can't wait to hear them for myself. I love the KZ ZSN but didn't like the some of the harshness or aggressiveness about them. However you got to give kz credit for zsn it's from what you say very close to the cca c10 and it's like half the price. Still like I said your impressions make me really excited to hear them:thumbsup:

Edit: Also it's hilarious they are basically the same.
Yea, details and precision coming from the C10 is what makes the difference so far. After 15 hours burning them in, it is really less aggressive than the ZSN. I'm loving both so far, two different beast!

Dec 16, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #20,683 of 33,689
I just got my BQEYZ BQ3 and I really love how they sound, much better than KZ AS10 imo but... after running some frequency test I found that left earpiece frequency response is slightly different in some frequency ranges (most of them very difficult to notice). The most imbalanced and somewhat annoying is 5000-5500Hz where left earpiece is louder by few dB (can be only noticed while running dry frequency test). KZ AS10 is much closer to perfection or at least I can't hear any differences in frequency response. Is it normal for Chi-Fi products or should I open dispute with seller?
If u arent satisfied with a product then u should contact seller and open a case.

Dec 16, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #20,684 of 33,689
Yea, details and precision coming from the C10 is what makes the difference so far. After 15 hours burning them in, it is really less aggressive than the ZSN. I'm loving both so far, two different beast!
How about soundstage presentation and size?

Dec 16, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #20,685 of 33,689
The Cinese market must be on fire now, KZ started by having tribute IEMs to others, and now other IEMs are copying them :)

CCA is KZ's sister company (or something to that effect, at least).

Maybe its like how Poco is to Xiaomi, not impossible for them to split off entirely later on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back