Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 30, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #20,282 of 33,689
It's very pretty! How about the comfort? I saw it's a little bit heavy.
i use small size tips usually, my ears are small. im using sony hybrids, and my left ear hurts at times. also the massive housing sticks out. gonna get spinfits and see if they help!

Nov 30, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #20,283 of 33,689
Ibasso IT01S purplish blue w/ its tuning filter
lu2C7QPcHvox1cHOXRQDfzWI0AjSOFDETGtngxV9EldBK9FBrTDoQleOL3-ao9nvW_CoJzjOap40Wzqppg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

inside looks

NkeyhwwOMGtG7UPQ1VDY0tnh8jy8dA5VYoJF5AKxoppofzaRLKlZidFdLkdrvOBylXox5V9xUXsHnbNC9Q=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

zsSpVGwslegmBd9ZWHbB2dNU-DbTNur6R9FP1-iAEHC6CXWd86K5NDQJ1oQy3FGAndtV_hL12zqHSeFkFg=w1000-no-tmp.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #20,286 of 33,689
Does anyone have the Hifi Boy OS V3, Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 and Anew U1 all three or any two, to do a comparison?

I only have the Kylin which I can describe a bit since no one has so far. It is an excellent sounding IEM of the warm and smooth (L shaped) category. It is very warm however and I found it works well for me on brighter sources only. On warmer sources I find the warmth/bass too much even with the widest bore tips I have.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #20,287 of 33,689
I only have the Kylin which I can describe a bit since no one has so far. It is an excellent sounding IEM of the warm and smooth (L shaped) category. It is very warm however and I found it works well for me on brighter sources only. On warmer sources I find the warmth/bass too much even with the widest bore tips I have.
lol... I bought the Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 (they have not arrived yet) after hawaiibadboy described them, compared to the DM6, as having more treble, and being more similar to the Sony EX1000. I really hope your description is NOT spot on, or I expect I'll be quite disappointed with them. Guess we'll see :wink:

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:52 AM Post #20,288 of 33,689

Anew U1 have (assumingly) linear AFR distribution and (definitely) neutral sound. It means that if Kylin has L-shape, Anew U1 would have less impact on lows.

Dec 1, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #20,289 of 33,689
lol... I bought the Whizzer Kylin A-HE03 (they have not arrived yet) after hawaiibadboy described them, compared to the DM6, as having more treble, and being more similar to the Sony EX1000. I really hope your description is NOT spot on, or I expect I'll be quite disappointed with them. Guess we'll see :wink:

I can assure you that the Kylin and the EX1000 have hardly anything in common besides being IEMs. I usually never watch videos about IEMs but for unknown reasons I watched this terrible one full of rants and insults where HBB recommends the DM6 and Kylin as his two picks for 11/11 and I can't recall him saying that. The Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn is a bit like an EX1000 without the hot treble however but the Kylin is an altogether different beast. Anyway, looking forward to your impressions of the Kylin when you get them.

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #20,290 of 33,689
Anew U1 have (assumingly) linear AFR distribution and (definitely) neutral sound. It means that if Kylin has L-shape, Anew U1 would have less impact on lows.

I was under the impression the U1 was a V-shaped IEM similar to the IT01 but clearer/more detailed. I didn't buy it on 11/11 as there was no rebates but I am still itching to click the buy button especially since there is a black version available now.

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #20,291 of 33,689
That sounds similar to the TFZ Balance 2M and if so, it would be right up my alley. Very curious about this one now.

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #20,292 of 33,689
Which chinese headphone (over-ear) would currently be considered highest value (say up to $100)? Would that be some superlux? I currently own the sennheiser HD25 ii-2, I like that but they at times they sound a bit lifeless to me.

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #20,293 of 33,689
Dec 1, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #20,294 of 33,689
Ah right, I assumed this was the thread for that as well with 'portable headphones' in the title, didnt bother to check for other threads. Thanks, seems I got some reading up to do :)

Dec 1, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #20,295 of 33,689
I can assure you that the Kylin and the EX1000 have hardly anything in common besides being IEMs. I usually never watch videos about IEMs but for unknown reasons I watched this terrible one full of rants and insults where HBB recommends the DM6 and Kylin as his two picks for 11/11 and I can't recall him saying that. The Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn is a bit like an EX1000 without the hot treble however but the Kylin is an altogether different beast. Anyway, looking forward to your impressions of the Kylin when you get them.

Eh, I have absolutely no reason to doubt your honesty, my friend, except that I simply would like you to be wrong (as that would make my life easier - and if you should prove to be wrong for some reason, that might STILL have nothing to do with your honesty, of course :) - might be a matter of sources, tips, cables, burn in, or something else, too, that explain why you're hearing them as warm - or, then, again, they simply are warm, OTOH, and you're hearing them as they are - which I'd REALLY hope is not the case :), but well... ).

This is why I thought they were more treblish than the DM6 - I did not ask HBB, but somebody else did: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2619#post-14591449

Plus: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2623#post-14592139 , and yeah, the vid (which might be the one you actually watched?) does say, around 2.11 on, that the whizzer have more treble than the DM6 ... which MIGHT make the DM6 simply warmer, ofc :) (and that does make me even less happy, as I had ALREADY ordered the DM6, before getting the Whizzer, too, lol)

We'll see :) ... but well, I was looking forward to something nearer the EX1000 than what you were implying in your post, lol

Edited to add: might be worth it to look into the Whizzer A15 Pro Haydn, OTOH :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back