Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 29, 2018 at 5:47 PM Post #20,252 of 33,689
dJmlBLi.jpg
Faultless sound. Speaker-like, almost. Definitely an amazing DD. Bass is just right.

I would call this the OnePlus of IEMs.

The Moondrop Kanas Pro, folks.

I came that close to ordering the Moondrop Kanas Pro, during the 11.11 Sale.
I was also eyeing the ToneKing BL1 Planar Driver earphones.
Didn't end up ordering either, but I did get a Balanced cable from Luna Shops.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #20,253 of 33,689
This just showed up.
IMG_20181129_144505.jpg

Can't test it til later though.

Also got the EP10 surprise. Heh. It is bassy. Sounds kind of like the BA10 to me but way more comfortable.

Nov 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #20,254 of 33,689
@Slater
Surely. I just replace them and it's ok

For the moment they are very stable. No disconnection. With zsn it's a good combo. I think they have a little down peak in high mids

Nov 29, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #20,255 of 33,689
This just showed up.

Also got the EP10 surprise. Heh. It is bassy. Sounds kind of like the BA10 to me but way more comfortable.

I want to know your first impression

Nov 29, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #20,256 of 33,689
TRN BT20 --

No instructions in the box!

The charging cable splits off into two microusb heads for charging each side at the same time. Pretty nice. Wish it would have some sort of dock though.

Pairing - turn both on and they automatically paired to each other. One side will remain in pairing mode and that'll pair with your device. Device is "TRN"

Looks like AAC is available for higher quality BT. No AptX or LDAC though. I am using AAC streaming from my phone.

I have the 2-pin version hooked up to my Unique Melody ME1 CIEMs and it works fine. Fits great. No floppiness, and doesnt feel like its there. Lightweight enough. Bare in mind, the ME1 is a heavy IEM and it doesnt feel like any additional weight. I'll have to try it later with a really light IEM like the P4 Pro with the mmcx version I have, or the KZ ZSN.

Sound quality, works fine. Not as good as LDAC which is what I've been used to lately for BT but its not bad at all. I rate AAC just barely behind AptX HD and above AptX but not on par with LDAC.

Range is quite good for bluetooth! I put the phone in bedroom in one corner of my tri-level house and walked downstairs to the home theater room corner and still had clean signal. Walked outside and lost a little bit though. Still better than any BT device I've had so far.

Ok that's it for now. This was my 15 minute test. :)

IMG_20181129_161351.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #20,257 of 33,689
[
Speaker like? Lots of depth? My kind of sound.
Definitely full of depth but soundstage isnt anything amazing. The secret sauce is the dynamics and channel matching.

Nov 29, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #20,258 of 33,689
TRN BT20 --

No instructions in the box!

The charging cable splits off into two microusb heads for charging each side at the same time. Pretty nice. Wish it would have some sort of dock though.

Pairing - turn both on and they automatically paired to each other. One side will remain in pairing mode and that'll pair with your device. Device is "TRN"

Looks like AAC is available for higher quality BT. No AptX or LDAC though. I am using AAC streaming from my phone.

I have the 2-pin version hooked up to my Unique Melody ME1 CIEMs and it works fine. Fits great. No floppiness, and doesnt feel like its there. Lightweight enough. Bare in mind, the ME1 is a heavy IEM and it doesnt feel like any additional weight. I'll have to try it later with a really light IEM like the P4 Pro with the mmcx version I have, or the KZ ZSN.

Sound quality, works fine. Not as good as LDAC which is what I've been used to lately for BT but its not bad at all. I rate AAC just barely behind AptX HD and above AptX but not on par with LDAC.

Range is quite good for bluetooth! I put the phone in bedroom in one corner of my tri-level house and walked downstairs to the home theater room corner and still had clean signal. Walked outside and lost a little bit though. Still better than any BT device I've had so far.

Ok that's it for now. This was my 15 minute test. :)

Maybe someone handy with a 3D printer and the right skills, can make a dock and share the file!

BTW, your observations about AAC vs aptX are spot on.

For anyone that’s interested in learning more, this link is quite informative:

https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7db9tq/about_aacsbc_codecs_over_bluetooth_on_iphone_x/

Nov 29, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #20,259 of 33,689
This just showed up.

I just checked the tracking on my BT20 bought 11.11. It hasn’t even left China yet! It just posted today.

I am bummed. I thought I would have it in my hands this week :frowning2:

The anticipation is makin’ me late and keepin’ me waiting

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2018 at 9:59 PM Post #20,260 of 33,689
I just checked the tracking on my BT20 bought 11.11. It hasn’t even left China yet! It just posted today.

I am bummed. I thought I would have it in my hands this week :frowning2:

The anticipation is makin’ me late and keepin’ me waiting

Dang. I ordered from NiceHCK store.

Nov 30, 2018 at 12:36 AM Post #20,261 of 33,689
I was moving things around in the house today and doing a lot of downsizing of our living room and cleaning out the garage while using the TRN BT20 and UM ME1. This is a game-changer for me. Seriously! If they can come out a new version with LDAC support, I'll be an extremely happy person. This thing works great. It's been on for 5.5 hours straight on AAC. My android phone says there's 50% battery left.

Tried with KZ ZSN. Feels great!

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 1:04 AM Post #20,262 of 33,689
Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #20,263 of 33,689
Nov 30, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #20,264 of 33,689
I was moving things around in the house today and doing a lot of downsizing of our living room and cleaning out the garage while using the TRN BT20 and UM ME1. This is a game-changer for me. Seriously! If they can come out a new version with LDAC support, I'll be an extremely happy person. This thing works great. It's been on for 5.5 hours straight on AAC. My android phone says there's 50% battery left.

Tried with KZ ZSN. Feels great!
How is the hiss?

Nov 30, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #20,265 of 33,689
PSA:

I’m seeing some reports on Aliexpress that some of the new KZ 8-core dual-color cables are wired out of phase.

So as usual, always check your cables and IEMs for phase issues as soon as you receive them.

Maybe I need one of the out of phase cables to go with my out of phase KZ ZSN? :) In this case, two wrongs do make a right! I wonder if some of the Ali Express sellers will offer this as an option: In-phase or out-of-phase :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back