Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #20,056 of 33,689
I wish it was quality.
Would you really trust a chart coming directly from the manufacturer that rated the quality of their lineup? :p (In case you weren't aware, ellezhou is a rep from BQEYZ.)

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #20,058 of 33,689
I'd like to post the updated version of BQEYZ earphones mini-guide. It was made by @Ellezhou. I hope this table will help some of us to make the correct choice.
10202671.png

Thank you, @Ellezhou !

I have all of them except the K1 and for me the Kc2 is closest to neutral, followed by the Kb100, then the K2, then the BQ3 which is more V and the Kb1 which is more bass forward.

Nov 25, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #20,059 of 33,689
I wish it was quality.

If it’s any consolation, BQEYZ makes good stuff. They know what they’re doing, both with tuning and with construction and design.

The overwhelming majority of impressions (by trusted HF members) and reviews on all of those models is positive, including the models I own.

Nov 25, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #20,061 of 33,689
Props where they are due, for a recent start-up, the only thing I have had from BQEYZ that I did not think was absolutely superb for the price was the bluetooth cable. They went with a low latency chipset and traded too much range for lower latency to make me happy with it. All of their in-ears have been really good for the asking price and considering 6 months ago they were not making earphones and now they have 5 in the best of budget category, thats a pretty major accomplishment. Name one other maker that in their first year produced 5 solid in-ears.

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #20,062 of 33,689
The BQEYZ K1 is exactly like a banned seller's model NY-06. Anything fishy there?

Nov 25, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #20,063 of 33,689
Nov 25, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #20,064 of 33,689
Props where they are due, for a recent start-up, the only thing I have had from BQEYZ that I did not think was absolutely superb for the price was the bluetooth cable. They went with a low latency chipset and traded too much range for lower latency to make me happy with it. All of their in-ears have been really good for the asking price and considering 6 months ago they were not making earphones and now they have 5 in the best of budget category, thats a pretty major accomplishment. Name one other maker that in their first year produced 5 solid in-ears.

Well, they have been making IEMs for others for 15 years. They just started selling their own brand 6 months ago.

I guess I’m more surprised by the fact that they didn’t sell their own brand before now!

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 7:07 PM Post #20,065 of 33,689
If you like the Tin Audio T2 but wish for a bit more bass, I posted a review of an in-ear you should try tonight on my blog.

Nov 25, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #20,066 of 33,689
If you like the Tin Audio T2 but wish for a bit more bass, I posted a review of an in-ear you should try tonight on my blog.
Reading the conclusions, I take that KC2 has a slight edge compared to that one.

Also, on audiobudget's FB, one of the comments on a post mentioned that they are (were?) re-tuning the model you've just reviewed. If that's true, we won't be sure what we will get. I'll probably go with KC2 for the "warmer T2".

edit: added link.
edit 2: reducing ambiguity.

h/t to @PCgaming4ever for the info.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #20,068 of 33,689
@crabdog
That's true. And I asked Elle Zhou to provide me with this table, because I don't want to guess if there's any difference between these similar looking models. Anyway a manufacturer knows better about specific features of his own products

I have all of them except the K1 and for me the Kc2 is closest to neutral, followed by the Kb100, then the K2, then the BQ3 which is more V and the Kb1 which is more bass forward.

If it’s any consolation, BQEYZ makes good stuff. They know what they’re doing, both with tuning and with construction and design.

The overwhelming majority of impressions (by trusted HF members) and reviews on all of those models is positive, including the models I own.

Seems to me that, despite the heavy competition, BQEYZ deserves a place at the table.

Let the games begin.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bqeyz-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.894089/

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #20,069 of 33,689
Is there any other IEM with sound signature similar to BQEYZ KC2 in higher price range?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back