Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #18,916 of 33,689
I dont think so. I ordered them from here like many other head-fiers: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOS...&terminal_id=82ae43bf53cf4c43af97812f8fccbb33

Ok, the build is not that bad overall but cable feels little flimsy. Midrange doesnt always appear harsh sounding, they work quite well for more laid-back stuff like acoustics but i cant listen metal or rock with sharp sounding guitars at higher volumes without feeling a bit uncomfortable. They just start to rip my ears. Switching to T2-eartips helped little bit.

Yes, the cable is flimsy. And the metal ‘strain reliefs’ don’t help. They look nice, but put even more strain on the already flimsy cable.

It would have been nice (and not terribly difficult) for the interface to be mmcx instead of fixed. Magaosi did it in a later revision with the BK50. For a $30 IEM, it would be a perfectly reasonable feature to expect from Blon/BossHiFi.

I agree they are not the best for heavy metal/rock. Like you said some guitars with those genres can be harsh. It feels like someone is grating on my eardrums with a cheese grater. I use them for more laid back stuff as well. I think that’s the kind of stuff they were probably intended for anyways.

Metal is tricky to get right in an IEM. Many IEMs are do it ‘OK’, but very few do metal really well. The driver has to be able to be able to be fast. With good midrange, but not harsh in certain frequencies.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:27 AM Post #18,917 of 33,689
Actually, I skipped any commentary regarding the coherency because I am not so sure about it, yet. Needs more analysis - meaning listening time. But will come back later with my findings. Analytical and dedicating detection and rating of coherency as a performance indicator is quite new for me and I won't claim anything false.
I have to say this is the way everyone should follow before judging a piece of hardware like headphones
This kind of stuff usually takes some time to burn, some time to sound like it should.
Judging at first listening is like judging a person at the first time you meet her/him.
You have to keep listening in order to let the drivers "burn"a bit, then u can put out your impressions.
When i make reviews i usually say how many times did i listen to, in order to let people know what i'm saying is based on my limited experience in that range of time.
If everyone would start writing down some kind of reviews at the first listening, every owner of ZS6 for example would have thrown those in the trash, or at least i think so: stock tips on the kz zs6 just sound awful to me, treble is really too aggressive and sibilant, then if you start listening with other tips you wil notice every detail without any kind of fatigue.. that's just a personal opinion i'm saying.
I agreed 100% with you

PS: if you still don't know how to judge tonality, then you're not alone, i'm still searching how to learn this listening with multiple headphones.

Just gonna rant a bit here. I was reading the Amazon reviews for the Focal Sphear and I don't think I've ever came across such an idiotic and uninformed review than this:

shz1Ar1.png

LOL it's funny because this is literally the only guy that I've heard who thinks the bass on the Sphear is lacking, while every other review that I've read calls the bass forward or even 'bloaty'.

Dollar-store drivers? Seriously?? So you think they used cheap drivers just because the bass is lacking?!?! Oh god this guy clearly doesn't even see how benighted his assertions are :joy:

Delusional manufacturer??? Clearly you're the only one here that's delusional dude, OH the irony :joy::joy::joy:

giphy.gif

And the fact that he made reference to a esoteric subreddit is just literally begging for contempt.

Clearly this guy only listens to overpriced Beats, hence why he finds the bass lacking.
Here on the forum this kind of stuff is actually common.
Average casual listener will always judge a pair of headphones based on how the bass sounds.
This is one of bad aspects of marketing and promotion.. people start basing their "standards" around the Super Power Iper Mega Ultra Smashing Stomping Deep and HyperFull Bass.

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM Post #18,919 of 33,689
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #18,920 of 33,689
Okay, so I was just about to purchase the BQEYZ KC2 when I was totally stopped in my tracks and left impressed with the features of the ARTISTE DC1. :open_mouth:

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! :scream:

...anyone here has more details on the ARTISTE DC1 if you already own one?

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #18,921 of 33,689
It seems my luck has gone away. The waiting is killing me...
Good to know, I guess... Just wish penon wouldn't lie and say stuff is in stock when it really isn't....

But now I have until Sunday or so to decide if I want the BL1 or mt100 (a fake deadline set by my brain).

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #18,923 of 33,689
Can anyone here compare the BQEYZ K2 with the KC2 and also the tinaudio t2. Need to make up my mind quick on which one to buy.

If you do a search, I remember seeing recent comparisons from people that own both K2 and KC2 (and the T2).

Just search for the terms “K2 KC2”. I just did the search, and it produces the exact results you’re looking for.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #18,924 of 33,689
If they ship on Monday how long will it take to get to you?
If he's saying the truth, I should have them by Tuesday or Wednesday.

Good to know, I guess... Just wish penon wouldn't lie and say stuff is in stock when it really isn't....

But now I have until Sunday or so to decide if I want the BL1 or mt100 (a fake deadline set by my brain).
I was about to buy on AliExpress before and ship it via DHL or SF-Express one day priority shipping, but hearing good things about Penon and a lot of people trust him, it made me decide to buy from him instead. I just never expected that the BL1 would be out of stock...

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #18,925 of 33,689
If he's saying the truth, I should have them by Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was about to buy on AliExpress before and ship it via DHL or SF-Express one day priority shipping, but hearing good things about Penon and a lot of people trust him, it made me decide to buy from him instead. I just never expected that the BL1 would be out of stock...
Penon is good for support and reliable, but this isn't the first time I've seen them put the cart before the horse.

The hiby r6 is a good example. Take"in stock" with a grain of salt on newer products.

I didn't even see the BL1 on AliExpress....

Oct 18, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #18,927 of 33,689
Penon is good for support and reliable, but this isn't the first time I've seen them put the cart before the horse.

The hiby r6 is a good example. Take"in stock" with a grain of salt on newer products.

I didn't even see the BL1 on AliExpress....

It does appear on my searches, probably because my region is set to Hong Kong. But I'm too worried to order on AliExpress hence I ordered from Penon.

upload_2018-10-18_22-57-51.png

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #18,928 of 33,689
To all DM6 owners:

Which ear tips are the best one for the most balanced sound?

Oct 18, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #18,929 of 33,689
I agree they are not the best for heavy metal/rock. Like you said some guitars with those genres can be harsh. It feels like someone is grating on my eardrums with a cheese grater. I use them for more laid back stuff as well. I think that’s the kind of stuff they were probably intended for anyways.

Metal is tricky to get right in an IEM. Many IEMs are do it ‘OK’, but very few do metal really well. The driver has to be able to be able to be fast. With good midrange, but not harsh in certain frequencies.

I played with my phones EQ-settings and calming down the 2khz area (about 3-5db) seems to help quite a bit.

This is graphs looks quite accurate to me, i think went a bit too far with the midrange. :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0VOjqY8dVYWQVozWG1Zb1g5dHc/view

Oct 18, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #18,930 of 33,689
Okay, so I was just about to purchase the BQEYZ KC2 when I was totally stopped in my tracks and left impressed with the features of the ARTISTE DC1. :open_mouth:

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! :scream:

...anyone here has more details on the ARTISTE DC1 if you already own one?
One of the best bang for your bucks...... ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back