Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 18, 2018 at 1:36 AM Post #18,901 of 33,689
I've determined I'll order one or the other, the **** mt100 or toneking BL1.

Design of the toneking looks better to me, but the idea of a BA/planar hybrid is intriguing.... Can't wait to hear what the impressions are on the BL1.
I can't wait to read impressions from someone who gets both of them. I think maybe the BL1 will be more coherent sounding with only the planar driver, and not being a hybrid. To be honest, the frequency graph has me worried about what the hybrid may sound like. It really looks like the BA has spikes in the upper frequencies, and that would be a deal breaker for me. I'm excited that chifi is getting new tech involved though, and that makes the future of our hobby more intriguing for sure.

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #18,902 of 33,689
I can't wait to read impressions from someone who gets both of them. I think maybe the BL1 will be more coherent sounding with only the planar driver, and not being a hybrid. To be honest, the frequency graph has me worried about what the hybrid may sound like. It really looks like the BA has spikes in the upper frequencies, and that would be a deal breaker for me. I'm excited that chifi is getting new tech involved though, and that makes the future of our hobby more intriguing for sure.
Not only more intriguing.. --> more fatiguing, painful, expensive
The first 2 because it's very hard to keep money in the pocket when you have many little beasts around the web ready to listen your music with, and then it can become very expensive :D

Oct 18, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #18,903 of 33,689
I have mine in my ears right now. Received this today.
Share my ootb impressions.

So take this with a grain of salt as this may change later with more listening time.
And I am no professional and try to explain with my limited English knowledge and terminology.

It's good! I use wide bore foam tips ATM as the BA is a bit sharp and the foamies tames it for me.
Super nice cable. Quality tiny metal housing. Comfortable in my ears.
Requires power. Drive it on my Shanling M0.
It's a semi open IEM. Expect noise emissions by a good margin.

It seems to be a quality tuning. Especially concerning the planar driver part.
I cannot detect such a bad kind of veiled expression as Hawaii bad boy claims, though I see what he means as there are indeed clearer presentations available. But definitely not an issue for me. Reminds me a bit of the ATH-CKR9LTD in this regards but not that "bad".

The three sections bass mids highs are well balanced out.
Especially no overemphazised bass. I don't really miss here something. Sounds accurate to my ears. I like.
Tonality is on the neutral side. There is not too much body to the notes. But it's neither lean.
It's not too far away from natural but I've heard better IEM's in this regards.
I can imagine this earphone benefits from a warmer source.
Detail retrieval especially in the mids and highs is very good.

Soundstage appears to me with good width but limited (at least not better than average) depth and height.

Thinking of an IEM which comes the closest in tuning I truly must think of the Ety's ER4SR by now....EDIT...but the MT100 with a far reaching and sparkling treble. Although its a long time ago I had those in my ears.

I will probably edit this report from time to time after more listening sessions for those who are interested.

Edit1: Weird, taking out this IEM a couple of times and digging in again during this evening, I am hearing already differences. The notes becoming slightly thicker, resulting in a better natural tonality.

Edit2: Did I already mention that I like this IEM and its tuning?

Edit3: The slightest idea of veilance is already gone.
If you listen more and more and again more and more and more sound will change so that you will find yourself with a different pair of IEMs in your own hands ahahah

Oct 18, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #18,904 of 33,689
I must say the graph seems to be legit in this regards.
There are some peaks which I also hear. That's why I tamed it with the foam tips which works good for me. I would rate the fatigue level of the MT100 highs somewhere in between the Toneking TK2 which are worse and unbearable for me (bear in mind I am very sensitive in this area) and the neutral Toneking T4. So maybe just right for critical listening. But yes, they are not 100% fatigue free.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #18,905 of 33,689
Anyone that could compare **** MT100, Oriolus Finischi and BGVP DM6? I know these are different tech IEM, but since they are on almost the same price, it would be nice to have a comparison.

Thanks!

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #18,906 of 33,689
To anyone who got the Crazy Cellos during the Amazon 50% off deal:

OOTB the are boom boom boom with boosted low end. If you want to make them sound much better (low end much more balanced with the rest of the bands) follow these simple steps:

1. Remove the stainless nozzle screens using a sharp pointy object such as a sewing needle or diabetic lancet. The nozzle screens are glued on, so they cannot be reused.
2. On the side of the nozzle, you will see a vent. Poke something through this vent hole. It has to be very small, as the hole is 0.5mm. I used a 0.5mm drill bit. Anyways, when you stick something through the vent hole, you will pop off a small round white filter (similar to micropore tape). You may have to use tweezers to pull the little round filter out of the nozzle.
3. Once the white filter is removed, install NEW stainless nozzle screens (4.2mm or 4.3mm). You can find them on Aliexpress for $0.05-$0.10).

With this simple mod, these are really good dynamic driver IEMs. I would rate them on par with the TinAudio T2, except with a touch more sub bass extension (something that the T2 is missing).

The CC is also way more comfortable than the T2. And I love the included wide bore tips, and wish I could buy a bag full of them!

Enjoy!
I couldn't find nozzle screen on aliexpress would you please share a link to it my dm?

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #18,907 of 33,689
I must say the graph seems to be legit in this regards.
There are some peaks which I also hear. That's why I tamed it with the foam tips which works good for me. I would rate the fatigue level of the MT100 highs somewhere in between the Toneking TK2 which are worse and unbearable for me (bear in mind I am very sensitive in this area) and the neutral Toneking T4. So maybe just right for critical listening. But yes, they are not 100% fatigue free.
Hmm, I was afraid of that, as soon as I saw the frequency response. In your opinion, so you feel coherency is an issue with them, as compared to the Toneking T4? I feel that's one of the strengths to the T4, like they almost sound like 1 driver instead of 4. I haven't heard the tk2, so I'm not sure how fatiguing they're, but the T4's aren't fatiguing for me. I don't listen at really high volumes though, so maybe I would find them fatiguing if I listened at high volumes.

Oct 18, 2018 at 3:52 AM Post #18,908 of 33,689
Not only more intriguing.. --> more fatiguing, painful, expensive
The first 2 because it's very hard to keep money in the pocket when you have many little beasts around the web ready to listen your music with, and then it can become very expensive :D
I know what you mean, lol. My wallet and I are in the middle of a huge fight right now, but I really want to try the BL1's, so I just may ignore my wallets crying, haha.

Oct 18, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #18,909 of 33,689
Hmm, I was afraid of that, as soon as I saw the frequency response. In your opinion, so you feel coherency is an issue with them, as compared to the Toneking T4? I feel that's one of the strengths to the T4, like they almost sound like 1 driver instead of 4. I haven't heard the tk2, so I'm not sure how fatiguing they're, but the T4's aren't fatiguing for me. I don't listen at really high volumes though, so maybe I would find them fatiguing if I listened at high volumes.
Actually, I skipped any commentary regarding the coherency because I am not so sure about it, yet. Needs more analysis - meaning listening time. But will come back later with my findings. Analytical and dedicating detection and rating of coherency as a performance indicator is quite new for me and I won't claim anything false.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #18,911 of 33,689
Just gonna rant a bit here. I was reading the Amazon reviews for the Focal Sphear and I don't think I've ever came across such an idiotic and uninformed review than this:

shz1Ar1.png

LOL it's funny because this is literally the only guy that I've heard who thinks the bass on the Sphear is lacking, while every other review that I've read calls the bass forward or even 'bloaty'.

Dollar-store drivers? Seriously?? So you think they used cheap drivers just because the bass is lacking?!?! Oh god this guy clearly doesn't even see how benighted his assertions are :joy:

Delusional manufacturer??? Clearly you're the only one here that's delusional dude, OH the irony :joy::joy::joy:

giphy.gif

And the fact that he made reference to a esoteric subreddit is just literally begging for contempt.

Clearly this guy only listens to overpriced Beats, hence why he finds the bass lacking.

Oct 18, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #18,912 of 33,689
Actually, I skipped any commentary regarding the coherency because I am not so sure about it, yet. Needs more analysis - meaning listening time. But will come back later with my findings. Analytical and dedicating detection and rating of coherency as a performance indicator is quite new for me and I won't claim anything false.
Sounds good. I'd rather you take your time and really get comfortable with what you're hearing, before you give your definitive opinion. I HATE when reviewers/unboxers open up a product and give claims and analysis of them before they really get to know the item. How can they be accurate? Okay, end rant, lol. I look forward to reading more of your thoughts then later on.

Oct 18, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #18,913 of 33,689
I received my Bosshifi B3 (not B3S) today. They are little awkward to wear and build quality is not very convincing but ok for 25€. Initial sound impressions: warm/dark tilted, mid-bassy with decent sub-bass extensions. Little harsh sounding Grado-ish midrange which can get quite fatiguing in certain tracks. Treble is a bit too rolled off for my liking but its ok. Pretty good amounts of midrange detail. Ive heard people calling these neutral but this doesnt quite fit the bill for me. Im perhaps little disappointed, theyre not bad for the price but nothing too amazing either. My main problem with these is the harsh and piercing midrange, i was expecting smooth warm intimacy similar to my Msur N650, not in-your-face Grado-harshness. Sound gets very fatiguing on higher volumes. I guess i have to spend more time with these, maybe ill change my mind.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2018 at 8:00 AM Post #18,914 of 33,689
I received my Bosshifi B3 (not B3S) today. They are little awkward to wear and build quality is not very convincing but ok for 25€. Initial sound impressions: warm/dark tilted, mid-bassy with decent sub-bass extensions. Little harsh sounding Grado-ish midrange which can get quite fatiguing in certain tracks. Treble is a bit too rolled off for my liking but its ok. Pretty good amounts of midrange detail. Ive heard people calling these neutral but this doesnt quite fit the bill for me. Im perhaps little disappointed, theyre not bad for the price but nothing too amazing either. My main problem with these is the harsh and piercing midrange, i was expecting smooth warm intimacy similar to my Msur N650, not in-your-face Grado-harshness. Sound gets very fatiguing on higher volumes. I guess i have to spend more time with these, maybe ill change my mind.

Hmmm, doesn’t sound like mine. Also, the build on mine is excellent.

You sure you didn’t get a clone or fake?

Oct 18, 2018 at 8:20 AM Post #18,915 of 33,689
Hmmm, doesn’t sound like mine. Also, the build on mine is excellent.

You sure you didn’t get a clone or fake?

I dont think so. I ordered them from here like many other head-fiers: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOS...&terminal_id=82ae43bf53cf4c43af97812f8fccbb33

Ok, the build is not that bad overall but cable feels little flimsy. Midrange doesnt always appear harsh sounding, they work quite well for more laid-back stuff like acoustics but i cant listen metal or rock with sharp sounding guitars at higher volumes without feeling a bit uncomfortable. They just start to rip my ears. Switching to T2-eartips helped little bit.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back