Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 7, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #17,012 of 33,689
You ever considered having custom IEMs made? It would fit your ears 100% perfectly, with all-day comfort, and have whatever connectors you want (MMCX, 0.78mm 2-pin, etc). And most of the CIEM shells are totally sealed (or you can choose one that is), so they’re sweat proof as well.

Since you have a unique anatomical issue, and 95% of gear doesn’t fit you, I would say it would be the smartest audiophile money you’ll ever spend hands down. You’ll be able to use it for many, many more years (possibly even decades).

Seriously, if you add up all of the $35 here and $50 there you’ll spend farting around with universal IEMs that fit poorly and die every 3-6 months, you’ll be at or near a budget CIEM.

When I 1st got into this hobby, I thought it was ludicrous to spend the $ on a CIEM. But if I was to add up all the $ I’ve spent in the last couple of years on low and mid-range ChiFi, I could have bought 3-4 CIEMs and been happier in the long run. Back then a few more experienced people tried to give me the same advice I’m giving you now, and I chose to ignore it. And I don’t have difficulty wearing any IEM like you do! If I did, I would get some CIEMs without even batting an eye. I urge you to at least give it some serious thought; even if you have to save up for a year before pulling the trigger.

You can get them for as little as a few hundred dollars to as much as thousands.

Ask @Wiljen if he feels his new Eartech CEIMs were a worthwhile long-term investment (especially if he was in your situation).

Here’s the whole process and more info if you want to learn about it: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/how-a-custom-in-ear-monitor-is-made-photo-journal.885128/
Thanks for that. It was very helpful and I greatly appreciate the time, effort and though in such a fulsome reply.. I'll definitely look into it, evaluate my options and it may make the most sense especially given my desire for a good seal etc. In the meantime, I need something to tide me by as my cheap Final Audio's 2000 have crapped out on me. Thanks again!

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #17,013 of 33,689
Just a couple lol

You know, I think we were originally talking about these in the other thread. Too many threads. Sometimes when I talk about a certain iem I am not sure if it was in this thread, the hidden gems thread or the KZ thread. I usually have to look for my original post.

Have you tried the Artiste DC1?

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #17,016 of 33,689
You know, I think we were originally talking about these in the other thread. Too many threads. Sometimes when I talk about a certain iem I am not sure if it was in this thread, the hidden gems thread or the KZ thread. I usually have to look for my original post.

I know lol, gets confusing
I haven't no. They're the red ones aren't they?

Aug 7, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #17,017 of 33,689
Just looked at them (photos) and I'm wondering if they are small enough for my left ear. I'll try and get extra dimensions etc. and will take a look. Thanks!

If you’re ok with going with a fixed cable, non-Bluetooth option, the MEMT X5 and KZ HDS3 are both extremely small and have excellent sound at <$20.

That would leave enough money for a fixed cable, Bluetooth option for the gym. Awei makes a billion very inexpensive Bluetooth bullet earphones that would work. Some Awei models include silicone “wings”, but they are removable.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #17,018 of 33,689
I know lol, gets confusing
I haven't no. They're the red ones aren't they?

Yes... a very nice red. Artiste DC1

R0013386.JPG

Aug 7, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #17,020 of 33,689
Woah...I just found a sale on the DC1 on Amazon UK that is even less than the sale that my husband and I took advantage of a few weeks ago! £20 tonight... wonder if that price will be around for awhile. We paid £27 ... we each bought one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Earphones-...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=N3Z54H8FE4WABS5CWCMC&th=1

A headfier has written one of the reviews on that page.

Actually two reviews by headfiers.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2018 at 5:28 PM Post #17,024 of 33,689
Woah...I just found a sale on the DC1 on Amazon UK that is even less than the sale that my husband and I took advantage of a few weeks ago! £20 tonight... wonder if that price will be around for awhile. We paid £27 ... we each bought one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Earphones-...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=N3Z54H8FE4WABS5CWCMC&th=1

A headfier has written one of the reviews on that page.

Actually two reviews by headfiers.
You have piqued my interest in your impressions of these. It's a bummer they don't ship to the US! I've tried to find them on Amazon, but haven't been successful.

Aug 7, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #17,025 of 33,689

Hidden Gems thread??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back