Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 12, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #14,836 of 33,689
Got my reviews done of Meizu Flow and Macaw Tx-80. Flow is a bit over priced but could be a decent deal at maybe $55-60 if it goes on sale. The best thing about the Tx-80 is cable but it has some durability concerns which would limit what I was willing to pay for it as well.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #14,837 of 33,689
Got my reviews done of Meizu Flow and Macaw Tx-80. Flow is a bit over priced but could be a decent deal at maybe $55-60 if it goes on sale. The best thing about the Tx-80 is cable but it has some durability concerns which would limit what I was willing to pay for it as well.

Hmm, 1st link is broken

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #14,838 of 33,689
Hmm, 1st link is broken
Yeah got a space in the front of the link so there's extra html in there (%20).

I knew that the flow were expensive but $150 is very expensive for what they're offering. Since Gearbest does seem to have a good relationship with Meizu and does have crazy sales I'll keep an eye out to see if they manage to get near $50

Mar 13, 2018 at 12:39 AM Post #14,839 of 33,689
Launch post on a forum with details:
http://forums.vrzone.com/mass-order...m-official-singapore-launch.html#post15422236

DXhKcpEU0AAiCJ2.jpg

The two takeaways from the TRN launch post:

1. TRN was founded by former KZ engineers Trevor Nian and Ruben He.

Ifu0NED.png

5XYUcxx.png

Mar 13, 2018 at 2:50 AM Post #14,840 of 33,689
The two takeaways from the TRN launch post:

1. TRN was founded by former KZ engineers Trevor Nian and Ruben He.

2.…
Does this mean every time someone mentions TRN we're supposed to snicker, nudge the person next to us in the ribs and mumble insertion test? (insert appropriate Monty Python meme here because I'm too lazy to find one)

Mar 13, 2018 at 6:42 AM Post #14,841 of 33,689
Hey all
a question here

I love the clarity and details on my Noble Audio Sage, I just need a little bit more presence in lower frequencies without spoiling the whole "picture" : ))) so any advise what to get from Chinese/Asian offerings? something under 300 - 350 $ ?

cheers

thank you for your input !

LZ A5 was my choice some time ago, but after reading so much about treble issues I'd better wait for new filters ti be released or will just stay away from it. IT04 will cost 500$
FW01 looks interesting, need to make some reading !

some more suggestions ?
cheers

My suggestion will be the following where I get much clarity and details and sufficient rumble in the lows when called for.
Pinnacle P1 + harder foam tips to tame the hot treble but let enough clarity and details stay present (not so compared to the softer comply foams which sucks too much of it but let the bass rumble more) + deep insertion + an (ordinary) spare cable with lower impedance than the two stock cables coming with the P1 (this turns out more body to the whole frequency range and more naturalness I have the feeling and brings e.g. more accentuation to string instruments compared to the stock cables which are a bit thin in this behalf, whereas these gives the P1 more overall refinement but also something of a strange 3D soundstage. The stock cable is here also more natural.) + a warmer source ( I use the Onkyo DP-S1)
all in al below 300USD (w/o DAP) :)

Massdrop x MEE Pinnacle PX for 114$
P1 for 145$ at amazon

As far as I understand they do sound same, right?

Hmm

what about Rhythmos SD 7 plus ?
looks interesting, but could not find much info. search button gives me nothing

@Dsnuts own them and seem to like them a lot. Fwiw I've got the SD7 myself and consider them one of the best value IEM's I've ever came across.

I got both. I would say the better value is in the SD7 hybrid model. The Plus has a more forward mid range and a bit less treble emphasis over the hybrd model sounds warmer overall due to the sound tweeks over the Hybrids. Requires much better cable and wide bore tip to sound their best. SD7 hybrid on sale can be bought for $130ish which is a steal of a deal for a 4 BA + dynamic earphone. You can save the money of buying the plus model and put that money toward a balanced or much better cable for the hybrid and it is better money spent vs getting the plus model for $175-$200ish. and then having to buy an upgraded cable as well.

Both models comes with the weakest cable and tips selection possible so if you can get one with just the shells with no accessories go for that rout. The cable that comes with these earphones is made for tiny people with tiny ears. Trust that they are worthless.

Thank you so much for a detailed info! Much apreciated !

Let me ask you one thing, you see I have more than hundred of diffrent ear tips and also some cables as well, so that part is covered, but I dont mind paying 60$ more for plus model as it is still in my price range and I am not looking for better value in this case, even if I'd need to buy tips and cables it still would fit my budget , so what I am saying is that if plus is better I would go for it, please let me know

Cheers

They are different in signature. The Hybrid and the Plus model are both w shaped in frequency but tuning wise the hybrid model has the better balanced sound from treble to bass. The plus model is more vocal forwardness and is smoother sounding at the same time due to slightly lesser treble emphasis over the Hybrid model. Both have excellent full bass representation with a more refined bass going toward the plus mode.

The Plus model works well with neutral sources and the hybrid model works better with a more musical source. I know it is tempting to try a 7 BA phone but imo both are similar in tuning with a 10% difference for the Plus model. I did an in depth comparison on the discovery thread but. If you want a better balanced sound the Hybrid is the better one if you want one with more vocal and instrumental performance the forward mid range of the plus model is excells for that.

If your sources uses single end go for the plus as it sounds 3D due to all the drivers in SE. No need to go balanced with the plus model. The Hybrid does better with a balanced cable and balanced source and ends up sounding similar to the plus model when balanced with a touch more brightness.

@Dsnuts

Hi : )

I was reading the other thread and i found your post where you say that you prefer LZ A5 to SD 7 & SD7 plus in every aspect, so I realized that I made a mistake thinking that you read my previous msgs before replying to my question regarding SD 7 plus and as my order was already placed for plus model on Ali and was due to be shipped in a matter of hours I asked to upgrade my order to LZ A5 but they did not have it in the stock, so I ended up with "Hot MusicMaker Shockwave III Hi-End Hybrid 10 unit In Ear Earphone With MMCX interface" that I always wanted to try, so I hope I will enjoy it when it arrives , will post when I give it a try

So once again thanks to everyone for the input and have a fine day people :v:

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #14,844 of 33,689
I love the clarity and details on my Noble Audio Sage, I just need a little bit more presence in lower frequencies without spoiling the whole "picture" : ))) so any advise what to get from Chinese/Asian offerings? something under 300 - 350 $ ?

I'd take a listen to the Flc8s if you get the chance. With the options to tune the bass to your liking you should be able to find a filter combination you like. I'd go with it over the Lz a4 as the Flc8s is on the small side and I've never heard anyone complain about fit issues with it. The LZ a4 has a good house sound and the filters work very well but its odd shape and weight have caused fit issues for some.

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #14,846 of 33,689
Not sure whether someone has mentioned this. Simgot, the company that brought the much loved EN700pro to the market, just released their brand new high end Hybrid IEM, EM05. I have heard countless great great great first impressions from reviews and friends in China. Sadly the supply, even in China, is extremely limited and it’s only got around 500 units in supply as of now and I’m not sure when will it be coming to NA. But you guys certainly have something to look out for.

Mar 13, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #14,848 of 33,689
Anyone here that lives in Asia and Will receive the trn v20 in some days ?

Mar 14, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #14,850 of 33,689
Not sure whether someone has mentioned this. Simgot, the company that brought the much loved EN700pro to the market, just released their brand new high end Hybrid IEM, EM05. I have heard countless great great great first impressions from reviews and friends in China. Sadly the supply, even in China, is extremely limited and it’s only got around 500 units in supply as of now and I’m not sure when will it be coming to NA. But you guys certainly have something to look out for.
Have you any pic of that EM05 ,???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back