Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 12, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #14,822 of 33,689
You mean? ...it's a Chinese made BA armature?

This is what I got from his page.... It seems to me he's saying it's a 30017 BA armature. :thinking:

Gotta' love the frequency graph....VERY TEMPTED TO BUY!

I am tempted as well, that graph is serious business. The BAs cannot possibly be Knowles' but the Chinese counterparts are actually very close to the real deal yet much cheaper (what you can expect is slightly worse channel balance). The problem is, they keep just shoving BAs in the nozzle without tubing/dampers and this causes resonant peaks that would've been massively reduced otherwise.
No idea what to think about this ****, it could present amazing value overall due to new eartips, amazing looking shells and source for drivers if you are into DIY. Would love to have a link that is for sure a new version of 4in1 (2BA).

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #14,825 of 33,689
I am tempted as well, that graph is serious business. The BAs cannot possibly be Knowles' but the Chinese counterparts are actually very close to the real deal yet much cheaper (what you can expect is slightly worse channel balance). The problem is, they keep just shoving BAs in the nozzle without tubing/dampers and this causes resonant peaks that would've been massively reduced otherwise.
No idea what to think about this ****, it could present amazing value overall due to new eartips, amazing looking shells and source for drivers if you are into DIY. Would love to have a link that is for sure a new version of 4in1 (2BA).

This one appears to be the most affordable one that I think is 2BA version.
+1 Yea, I know....that is one mean graph.

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #14,828 of 33,689
it doesnt say anything about knowles though... it says driver type: Chinese 30017 with Dynamic(2BA With 1DD) in description ...
You're not telling us anything with your answer. Where is your evidence to your answer coming from? ...That's all I'm asking. Can you give us a lead to where you're getting your information from.
Please enlighten me. --> Can you provide some "links"? :point_left:

Exactly! What were you talking about? Cannot you understand Chinese??? What do you expect of my answer? It clearly writes 国产30071, why did you say it's knowles armature?

Mar 12, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #14,829 of 33,689
Knowles originally uses numbers to identify their BAs, and Chinese counterparts use same numbers for similar BAs made in China. It's happened before, people thinking it's Knowles as soon as they see 30017 or 29689. Can you blame them though? It doesn't fit in with western laws - even though similar copying is done everywhere it's not as direct as in China (and this can come as a surprise to people).

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 12:17 PM Post #14,830 of 33,689
Knowles originally uses numbers to identify their BAs, and Chinese counterparts use same numbers for similar BAs made in China. It's happened before, people thinking it's Knowles as soon as they see 30017 or 29689. Can you blame them though? It doesn't fit in with western laws - even though similar copying is done everywhere it's not as direct as in China (and this can come as a surprise to people).

Exactly. One can say DIY Knowles 30071, or generic 30071, or counterparts of Knowles 30071 etc., of course one cannot say it's Knowles 30071 when it clearly writes 国产30071. And he can even contend boldly!!! I'm speechless.

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #14,831 of 33,689
That lighting looks really good btw! Kind of like a sunset on a beach in Ibiza. :dt880smile:

PS. Ordered the new TRN-V20 hybrid (1DD + 1BA) with detachable 2 pin cable today from AliExpress. Total was about £12. The V10 had some good reviews despite the driver flaws, apparently with the V20 they fixed it. You can also buy the Bluetooth cable for them, which costs more than the IEM lol, so naturally I skipped it.

Launch post on a forum with details:
http://forums.vrzone.com/mass-order...m-official-singapore-launch.html#post15422236

DXhKcpEU0AAiCJ2.jpg

AliExpress link (**** earphone store):
Newest TRN V20 DD BA Hybrid In Ear Earphone HIFI DJ Monitor Running Sport Earphone Earplug Headset With 2PIN Cable KZ ZS5
http://s.aliexpress.com/EzaaQNV7

TRN V10 reviews:
https://audiobudget.com/product/TRN/V10

Hmmm, that V20 10k treble spike looks familiar...

HTB1RffOcKSSBuNjy0Flq6zBpVXa3.jpg

In fact, that whole graph looks familiar...now where have I seen that before?

KZ-ZS6-vs-KZ-ZST-web.png

Mar 12, 2018 at 12:52 PM Post #14,832 of 33,689
Picked up these iems from Japan - Intime "Sora".
These sound fantastic and I believe it can truely hang with the big boys. So good that since receiving them I reach for these instead of my daily drivers, Andromeda or Sony xba-n3. To me it sounds like a brighter Andromeda with a smaller, more intimate sounds stage. What I like about the Sora is that it has that same "airiness" quality of the Andromeda but has a dynamic driver to handle the low end of the spectrum. I have yet to hear a ba driven iem that produces the kind of bass extensions that dynamic drivers do. Now I'm curious about Intime's other 2 higher end models, the "Go" and "Kira".

IMG_20180312_065416-01.jpeg

Mar 12, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #14,833 of 33,689
Picked up these iems from Japan - Intime "Sora".
These sound fantastic and I believe it can truely hang with the big boys. So good that since receiving them I reach for these instead of my daily drivers, Andromeda or Sony xba-n3. To me it sounds like a brighter Andromeda with a smaller, more intimate sounds stage. What I like about the Sora is that it has that same "airiness" quality of the Andromeda but has a dynamic driver to handle the low end of the spectrum. I have yet to hear a ba driven iem that produces the kind of bass extensions that dynamic drivers do. Now I'm curious about Intime's other 2 higher end models, the "Go" and "Kira".

Interesting looking tips - they look like an outer ball of foam stretched over a standard silicone tip.

Interesting-tips.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #14,834 of 33,689
Mar 12, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #14,835 of 33,689
Remax RM-502 Crazy Robot In-ear Earphone. Bought for the sum of $3:69. First impressions out of the box, bass (plenty of it) mids are pleasant, treble not hot in the least. I am actually rather surprised. Build quality is cheap for sure. These fit so low profile I could sleep with them in.

I have a REMAX bluetooth IEM and they're by far the worst things I've ever listened to and it didn't come cheap as well. I prefer not to think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back