Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 5, 2017 at 3:48 AM Post #12,916 of 33,689

Hey B9, what do you think about T2 and King vs ZS5? Are they a worthy upgrade in regards to resolution, clarity and dynamics, maybe even soundstage? (Or maybe I need to go past 100 price mark to get a certain upgrade?)

If both are good upgrades, in your opinion which one would be a better choice considering King is 2x price of T2? I really like the looks of King but would not pay more based on looks exclusively.

Thank you.

Nov 5, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #12,919 of 33,689
Got my UiiSii CM5 in and they are the real deal. Very impressive from the unboxing. Well presented and even have a scratch off label to check against counterfeits. Case is nice. Deep and can fit a small player and the little stretch band to lock in the pull is cute. 6 pairs of tips; 3 butterfly and three standard.

Decent cable on the slightly thinner side but very comfy over the ears with the tubes that are pretty supple and shape to the ears even a bit better than the Alpha & Delta D2's similar over ear approach. I think they fit easy and quite comfortable. Close to the Pioneer here which is saying something as those are extremely comfy and good for fit once you get the hang of them.

I have been trying out a few different tips and the way they fit can give various amounts of bass or even a closer to neutral sound. It would seem they can be tuned a bit this way. Tried them against the CH9T and got anywhere from noticeable less bass to even a bit more than the Pioneer.

Early but very impressive sound-wise. They match the clarity of the Pioneer but fall short on the resolution a bit. May improve with use but excellent for the $19.99 so anything is just a bonus. The CM5 are quite a tight crisp sound out of the box even and they are quick and lively. They do have the big stage that I keep reading about. Maybe a little wider than tall and nice depth. May beat the CH9T in front to back imaging.

Need to burn them in and do more critical listening but they are easily a winner. Just add me to the list of the 5 star reviewers and I'll already happily recommend them for the $20 the black costs right now.
How do they compare to more expensive earphones? Like the uiisii t8s or the kz zs5 or kz zs6?

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #12,920 of 33,689

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32820943672.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3jd1MP

With the default stock tips at 0 hours burn in, they were too bassy and warm, making the midrange veiled.
Tip rolled with chinese foams T400 and KZ starline tips. Eventually settled with KZ starline as it somehow removes the veil on the midrange.

After a few hours of driver/brain burn in, the bass is definitely the star of the show. Big bass and punches hard, sub bass extension is nice but can be extended further I believe. Bassheads will like this good chunk of bass.
Midrange is smooth and lacks bite. There is a slight lift in the upper midrange giving female vocals slightly more presence but is still smooth thus lacking that vocal sibilance "bite".
Treble has the least presence in the whole frequency range and lacks airiness and extension. Cymbal hits aren't in your face type as it is soft but it is still audible and doesnt just die in the song mix. Personally I like non airy highs so its a +1 for me.
Sound staging is slightly intimate due to that mid bass hump of warmness and lacking high extension but is not as congested as a shure se215. Sounds like in a studio sized room, pretty impressive considering the highs lack extension. Maybe its just how BA driver works when presenting the soundstage.

These are just first impressions. Tbh when I first tested them with the default stock tips I was utterly disappointed but changing tips did the trick. I feel that for 160USD it is a good buy but for the configuration of 6BA +1DD, it was a let down. But these are still first impressions, will continue the "burn in"
I am a bit confused with the colours on aliexexpress. It states that only the black colour is 6ba+ 1dd. Each colour has different number of drivers. The blue ones are supposed to be 3ba 1dd. Can you confirm this? Because on aliexexpress it is not clear until you put them on your shopping cart.

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #12,921 of 33,689
Has anyone tried these from MaGaosi/HIiLisening? "With Tuning Filters 1BA With 1DD HIFI Bass Metal Shell Headset With Replaceable MMCX Wire". They are listed as the "S8" on MaGaosi/HLSX/HIiLisening's site. At least I think those are the S8. Their website is horrible. I bet @1clearhead either has them or will have them soon. http://www.hilisening.com

US $99.00 / piece
HTB1l2n8b2BNTKJjy0Fd763PpVXaf.png
Sale Price: US $89.10
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...th-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-Shell/32828047045.html

New-HIiLisening-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-With-Tuning-Filters-1BA-With-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-Shell.jpg
HTB1AXQASFXXXXa1XpXXq6xXFXXX5.jpg

Nov 5, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #12,922 of 33,689
How do they compare to more expensive earphones? Like the uiisii t8s or the kz zs5 or kz zs6?

Compares well to higher price stuff with good clarity, decent detail, and fun bass with good reach. Mids are a bit bland, uninvolving, and higher price stuff does give more detail and refinement. Recommended as a good value but no giant killer. Haven't heard the T8S or ZS6 or the like to exactly compare those for you.

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #12,923 of 33,689
Yeah, I guess we'll see.... Eventually when they show up (which is hopefully not in the too distant future).

• 2017-10-31 13:48:00SHENZHEN,Packet Arrived EWS Sorting Centre
    • 2017-10-31 05:30:00CN,Item is at the shippers warehouse

The only thing that makes me a bit suspicious is that they were sold at roughly 50% off of what the lowest sale/deal was until that point. Well, well...

BTW, where did you find the tracking number? I'm not able to find it on either of my orders....

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:16 AM Post #12,924 of 33,689
BTW, where did you find the tracking number? I'm not able to find it on either of my orders....
If you're talking about Joybuy, on the Orders page, if I hover over "Tracking", it shows a Tracking ID. It's also displayed on the View Order Details page. I believe there's a delay before it appears.

And it seems the price for the RE400 got bumped up to $79. Maybe there were a few counterfeits they were looking to get rid of...

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #12,925 of 33,689
If you're talking about Joybuy, on the Orders page, if I hover over "Tracking", it shows a Tracking ID. It's also displayed on the View Order Details page. I believe there's a delay before it appears.

And it seems the price for the RE400 got bumped up to $79. Maybe there were a few counterfeits they were looking to get rid of...

Thanks! I've only tried finding it on my phone, I'll try on my laptop later tonight.

Nov 5, 2017 at 9:50 AM Post #12,927 of 33,689
Nah, they are genuine. The same thing happened with the 1more triple and 1more quad on joybuy - they were $47 and 109 respectively and eventually they readjusted the price and said the manufacturer set the price. It seems that as soon as one of their sales gains attention and people start discussing it in the forums the manufacturers catch wind of the talk and force them to readjust the price. Or maybe that's just joybuy's way of promoting their site - they offer 50-100 units at lower price.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:15 AM Post #12,928 of 33,689

Actually RE400 in China has been priced for 199CNY (~$30) for a long time. I bought mine for that price with a shopping agent two years ago.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #12,930 of 33,689
Also wondering how much of an improvement the King would be over T2 and how much difference they actually have - more extension in both ends?

TFZ's My Love II is supposed to be similar but a tad cheaper than King? Guess there isn't any reviews.

I have the My Love II and the Exclusive 5. Never heard the King. I am not a reviewer, no talent for that. The My Love are my go to for my Cayin. Decent sound stage and great instrument separation. Bass, mid and treble are all present to my ears and clean. I have heard things in songs that I know well that I've not heard before. YMMV.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back