Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 17, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #12,331 of 33,689
Looking for recommendations, I first stepped into the chifi world, by buying Monks+ (i couldnt get a decent seal so underwhelming). I bought the kz zs3 (i loved them but i also lost them).
I am looking for recommendations, I love a signature that is mid forward and bright, either something with neutral bass, emphazised mids and highs.

Something similar to the ad900x / sony vr6 (but hopefully not as visceral highs), or msr7 but in iem form. So far in my quest Ive found the LKer i8 to tick every box, i can find few reviews and they all praise them but they are so few, as well as they seem to range from 34.99 - 64.99 and I dont want to buy fakes.

Any other iems with neutral bass or defined tight bass, forward mids and neutral or emphazised highs. Also i would prefer a bit of noise isolation. Bonus points if i can order them from amazon or ebay fast, if not ill gladly take ali or taobao. Thank you in advanced folks!
The Urbanfun HiFi Hybrid is perfect for your needs

Oct 17, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #12,332 of 33,689
Agreed 100%.

How do You guys compare CH9T with ZS5v1 ? Are they more similar or different? Soundstage size and airiness? Thanks for bringing CH9T to my radar.

Oct 17, 2017 at 5:33 AM Post #12,333 of 33,689
Definitely the ZS6:

The H3 is somewhat too present around 5 kHz, leading to a more metallic and unnatural presentation, whereas the ZS6 is too present around 10 kHz, leading to sharpness etc.

Oh god. Those graphs look really bad. I know FR isn't everything but man... Wouldn't buy any of them, based on that.

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #12,335 of 33,689
Subjective more than objective probably.

Anyway, what is consensus about HiLisening HLS-S8 ? Worth the price or not?

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #12,336 of 33,689
Can you recommend something that has sound quality on a similar level to the ch9t. I have a feeling I will have fit issues with the ch9t as I have small ears. I currently own the zs5 and I am not very satisfied I must say. Would the fiio f9 or magaosi k3 hd or k3 pro fit the category?
the fiio f9 is a mid forward iem, nothing special to be honest. still better than the harsh, poorly build zs5.

if your budget is still $100, the k3 might be a good pick. the pioneers might fit your ears, too. i wouldn't exclude them, they look small and comfy.

Oct 17, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #12,337 of 33,689
Can you recommend something that has sound quality on a similar level to the ch9t. I have a feeling I will have fit issues with the ch9t as I have small ears. I currently own the zs5 and I am not very satisfied I must say. Would the fiio f9 or magaosi k3 hd or k3 pro fit the category?

The only way to know is to try them.

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:22 AM Post #12,339 of 33,689
I had a listen to a few albums last night with the Kinera H3 and thoroughly enjoyed them. They are very good iems

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #12,340 of 33,689
1) TFZ Exclusive 5 / King
2) Magaosi K3 PRO / HD
3) Pioneer SE-CH9T-K
4) BGVP DM5

Only question is... which one? ....WHICH ONE? ...WHICH ONE?

:cry:

Oct 17, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #12,341 of 33,689
the fiio f9 is a mid forward iem, nothing special to be honest. still better than the harsh, poorly build zs5.

if your budget is still $100, the k3 might be a good pick. the pioneers might fit your ears, too. i wouldn't exclude them, they look small and comfy.
The only way to know is to try them.
I am looking for a natural and neutral sounding iem with great bass thumb and good resolution, imaging and clarity without them being overly bright. I don't just want the 'perception' of clarity and air due to overly boosted treble. There is almost no way to test the iem since I will have to buy it off ebay, so the best I can do is describe the signature I am looking for.
So far according to the reviews I have read the magaosi k3 hd might just fit the category but I need to hear it someone who actually has done A/B testing with iems like fiio f9, ch9t etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back