Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 11, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #12,121 of 33,689
What is the all-time greatest asian IEM so far?
Is it the FLC 8s?

In terms of price-performance-ratio? Probably. But the NocturnaL Audio Atlantis is a really strong contender as well (although in a higher price and also performance league). Both the FLC8s as well as the Atlantis offer a technical performance that is quite a bit higher than one would probably expect for the price.

But in the end technical performance is only one aspect that should be considered, and personal preferences in terms of tonal tuning do play a more important role than technical qualities alone (for example, although the Fostex TH-X00 is technically on a higher level than the Sennheiser HD 600 (or let's say Shure SRH440 when comparing closed-back headphones with each other), I would personally always pick the HD 600 (or SRH440) over the TH-X00 for balanced/serious listening compared to the TH-X00 that would be my choice for an engaging "fun" listening session).

Oct 11, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #12,122 of 33,689
I've never been hyped about a headphone like this before. RT-1 is so gorgeous and it does appear to be packing nice tech for something this inexpensive (as far as I can tell, a proper crossover, 2 bore design, graphene coating on the driver). The design though, it's one of the most beautiful designs for an IEM regardless of the price. Obviously this is subjective, but I don't think that anyone could find them anything but impressive. Here is some eye candy.
What is the brand? They do look nice.

Oct 11, 2017 at 7:48 AM Post #12,126 of 33,689
I've never been hyped about a headphone like this before. RT-1 is so gorgeous and it does appear to be packing nice tech for something this inexpensive (as far as I can tell, a proper crossover, 2 bore design, graphene coating on the driver). The design though, it's one of the most beautiful designs for an IEM regardless of the price. Obviously this is subjective, but I don't think that anyone could find them anything but impressive. Here is some eye candy.

I'm probably just going to get one regardless of how it sounds based on its aesthetics.
Its sound probably wont disappoint me anyways since i dont really ask for much from an iem, just adequate instrument seperation, sound stage and preferably acoustically suited.

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #12,127 of 33,689

You reminds me @1clearhead

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:15 AM Post #12,128 of 33,689
I'm probably just going to get one regardless of how it sounds based on its aesthetics.
Its sound probably wont disappoint me anyways since i dont really ask for much from an iem, just adequate instrument seperation, sound stage and preferably acoustically suited.

Well, you are still asking some things out of an IEM in terms of sound. One thing is probably true though when it comes to sound presentation (sound stage and imaging), R8 and RX-1 have small sound stages in their respective categories, I wouldn't expect anything more than average IEM sound stage out of RT-1 (speculation on my part, just pointing it out in order to have a realistic expectation). I love a huge sound stage but I didn't find the lack of it with RX-1 to be a problem, I actually love its presentation and sound quality in general is borderline perfect for something that is <20$ and that well constructed. If the provided RT-1 graph is indicative of it's performance, I suspect that it will have similar tuning to RX-1 in terms of vocal emphasis and subdued treble, although with a stronger bass presence. All of this remains to be seen, this is just my, hopefully, realistic view of what to expect mostly based on the Auglamour house sound given how similar all of their earphones are in terms of tuning.

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:22 AM Post #12,130 of 33,689
Thanks, interesting. I'll keep this one in mind.
They are the Auglamour. Currently in pre-order stage if I am not wrong. They come in different price tiers with wires/Bluetooth module/portable amp.

Pre-order...Where? Sorry, I can't find anything on them. What price range?

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #12,131 of 33,689
Pre-order...Where? Sorry, I can't find anything on them. What price range?

Preorder only in Taiwan currently. They are being released next month with expected price of around 60 USD. I've seen 2 different cables, perhaps they will have different prices, I know that bluetooth module will cost around 50 USD on its own but will be a lot cheaper bundled with RT-1.

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #12,132 of 33,689
Guys,

I am looking for a recommendation. I am looking for the best value IEM to replace my Apple ADDIEMs that are on their last legs (cable frayed). They were quite a decent IEM but were lacking some low end for me. So, I am looking for a warm, engaging sound with a larger soundstage if at all possible. I have an aversion to anything considered "bright". I need a mic on the cable and would prefer an MMCX cable system or something similar so I can replace cables and eventually even take advantage of after market cables and bluetooth modules as they become available. Need a mic on cable as I spend a fair amount of time on the phone too. Fit & comfort is a huge consideration for me. Many years of playing rugby and some wrestling have altered the cartilage in my left ear and so larger shells can be a problem and uncomfortable. eg. Shure 215s fit my right ear perfectly, but not my left. I plan on wearing them for 3-5 hrs per day.

In short, @$100 or less for
1. Warm, smooth with a modest bass emphasis and larger sound stage if possible
2. Comfort
3. Sound isolation (yes, a real challenge given my ears and 2 above)
4. Replaceable cables with Mic.

Recommendations appreciated...Thanks

Oct 11, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #12,133 of 33,689
Oct 11, 2017 at 8:57 AM Post #12,134 of 33,689
Guys,

I am looking for a recommendation. I am looking for the best value IEM to replace my Apple ADDIEMs that are on their last legs (cable frayed). They were quite a decent IEM but were lacking some low end for me. So, I am looking for a warm, engaging sound with a larger soundstage if at all possible. I have an aversion to anything considered "bright". I need a mic on the cable and would prefer an MMCX cable system or something similar so I can replace cables and eventually even take advantage of after market cables and bluetooth modules as they become available. Need a mic on cable as I spend a fair amount of time on the phone too. Fit & comfort is a huge consideration for me. Many years of playing rugby and some wrestling have altered the cartilage in my left ear and so larger shells can be a problem and uncomfortable. eg. Shure 215s fit my right ear perfectly, but not my left. I plan on wearing them for 3-5 hrs per day.

In short, @$100 or less for
1. Warm, smooth with a modest bass emphasis and larger sound stage if possible
2. Comfort
3. Sound isolation (yes, a real challenge given my ears and 2 above)
4. Replaceable cables with Mic.

Recommendations appreciated...Thanks
with your criteria i'd suggest the magaosi k3, which is around $110 but should be less during 11/11.

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #12,135 of 33,689
"Mids and highs are very clear while being thick of note and convey an amazing amount of detail."

^^^You posted that in the SW3 thread.

I for one haven't had sibilance issues. Nor have I had treble issues despite expecting them to be treble cannons. But I'm not treble-sensitive either.
I had both versions - with and without MMCX. Was very impressed with the w/o version (excellent deeps, very good resolution in the bass and highs at least) but could not deal with too much sibilance for my taste and I sold it again. This was last summer and I was a quite new IEM devotee.
Appr. a year and many other good IEM's later I tried it a second time with the MMCX version. Still the unbearable sibilance appeared and now I could not find any good at the SW3 - maybe because I heard better IEM's in comparison and in the meantime and had a wider view on what sounds good to my ears and what not. Even in absolute terms the MMCX version was unlistenable for me.

Currently listen to several models in several price classes which I would personally (not necessarely technically) rate soundwise better:

- TIN Audio T515 - Double DD (wow! A no brainer at ist price point - only restraints for me are the lack in the mid bass section and the slightly lifted sub bass. Very smooth and natural performance besides this IMO. Nice and warm vocals. No sibilance at all - maybe caused by a relatively early roll off of the highs. Easy and enjoyable listening.)
- Pioneer CH9T - Single DD (definitely worth the price in my opinion, better balance compared to the TIN T515 with slightly lifted bass section - still in testing process)
- SD6 Super - 6BA (definitely worth the price in my opinion though not the biggest stage and slightly lifted bass section but with very good attack - still in testing process)
- Forrest FLC8S Hybrid (excellent - there are enough reviews out there)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back