Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 5, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #11,116 of 33,689
Alternatively, another head fi'er told me that they're on Amazon available for Prime shipping (it's in my Amazon cart lol). Search Blumuze and you should see the image. Whether or not they're legit is another story but I was just going to order it and then return if it's not up to standard.

Another great idea, I'm a prime customer. Thank you :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #11,117 of 33,689
Just recently received Phaiser BHS-730 and it seems pretty decent.

Good bass and warm sound on most tracks. Wide yet shallow Soundstage.

Anyone else have these?

Yes. Well had. Bought and returned bc they suck. A ton of static and distortion IIRC

Sep 6, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #11,118 of 33,689
Yes. Well had. Bought and returned bc they suck. A ton of static and distortion IIRC
Interesting. Haven't had that problem yet.. But I have heard some distortion on startup.. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

Sep 6, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #11,119 of 33,689
Hi y'all,

does anyone have some recommendations for iems under $20? My Vivo XE800 died on me today.
if you like the vivo you'll love the ADAX 5-40HZ (HT06), which I got on Amazon for $20--very similar signature but with more midbass and oomph-- a real find. the urbanfun nifi and einsear t2 are also wondrous and cheap.

Sep 6, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #11,120 of 33,689
if you like the vivo you'll love the ADAX 5-40HZ (HT06), which I got on Amazon for $20--very similar signature but with more midbass and oomph-- a real find. the urbanfun nifi and einsear t2 are also wondrous and cheap.

That's strange considering that I generally agree with your assessment of earphones.

I have both the HT06 and the XE800. I find them somewhat different in terms of sound signature. The soundstage on the HT06 is definitely wider but the high end treble on the XE800 is definitely sharper/brighter. Both deliver very good detail but the HT06 being a little smoother in the rendering and adds a touch of 'airyness' to the overall sound.

I have listened to Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings" on both, the HT06 will not invoke the lyrically emotive highs of the piece. It sounds almost too smooth although not lacking in detail. The XE800 plays it back with the sharp/bright detail that's a little on the 'piercing' side of things but with it, brings out the emotive delivery that the piece calls for.

But in terms of bass, the HT06 is definitely stronger in that aspect. The XE800 needs foam tips before the bass is of reasonable level for a lot of music genres.

They are both very good at details, but their delivery is somewhat different at the very high end of the treble spectrum.

But if you are not looking for these sort of nuances in the music you're listening to, the HT06 is the more well rounded choice.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #11,126 of 33,689
That's strange considering that I generally agree with your assessment of earphones.

I have both the HT06 and the XE800. I find them somewhat different in terms of sound signature. The soundstage on the HT06 is definitely wider but the high end treble on the XE800 is definitely sharper/brighter. Both deliver very good detail but the HT06 being a little smoother in the rendering and adds a touch of 'airyness' to the overall sound.

I have listened to Samuel Barber's "Adagio for Strings" on both, the HT06 will not invoke the lyrically emotive highs of the piece. It sounds almost too smooth although not lacking in detail. The XE800 plays it back with the sharp/bright detail that's a little on the 'piercing' side of things but with it, brings out the emotive delivery that the piece calls for.

But in terms of bass, the HT06 is definitely stronger in that aspect. The XE800 needs foam tips before the bass is of reasonable level for a lot of music genres.

They are both very good at details, but their delivery is somewhat different at the very high end of the treble spectrum.

But if you are not looking for these sort of nuances in the music you're listening to, the HT06 is the more well rounded choice.
appreciate your thoughts--i agree that the ht06 may be a little more dry and clinical, which is probably what your referring to as less emotive; the enhanced bass and slightly less brightness on the ht06 may also make it less audiophile/accurate on classical than the more balanced xe800. all that said, i hear a very similar tonality to the two--lean, very crisp, detailed and sharp; to me it's almost like slightly different tunings of the same phone.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #11,127 of 33,689
Its like there is that extra 'edginess' to the XE800 when it gets into the high treble zones.

As in, if imagined as a a line chart, it will have plenty of spiky peaks. The HT06 somewhat has very similar levels of details, but these spike have something of a rounded top end in the them. Not quite reaching the top end of the XE800 but the individual spikes are there. Some other earphones will merge many of these spikes instead.

It makes the HT06 a smoother sounding earphone overall. And easier to listen to for extended periods of time.

The XE800 is really only good when you need that little extra bit of the top edge. Its pretty uncomfortable after an hour or so more often than not. I only use it to listen to very detailed stuff or auditioning the details of a new recording I have never heard before, for most classical pieces the HT06 is really more enjoyable.

I'm still evaluating the HT06 and the CI880. Both of which have come in together within a few days of each other. So far, for general listening, the CI880 has been the one that has been impressing me, lots of impressive detail yet sounding energetic.
Haven't got down to a long, multi-genre, quiet evaluation of it yet. But its been impressive so far.

Sep 6, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #11,128 of 33,689
Probably just shoddy QC. Which is sad because these do look good. How much $$?
I think 19.99 on lightening deal.

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #11,129 of 33,689
I think 19.99 on lightening deal.
I tried looking up the deal, but it is back to regular price. I'm pretty sure it was 18-19 usd on lightening deal. :call_me: :call_me:

Sep 6, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #11,130 of 33,689
I'm excited:

IMG_20170906_171400[1].jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back