Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 22, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #10,833 of 33,689
I probably have small ears but the T400 is problematic for me since they keep getting stuck in my ear. The T200 also fits the KZ ZS5 and I don't have that problem using them.

For the T200 and T400/500, they are all available in S, M and L sizes. At least those on Aliexpress do.

Think you are using the 'default' M's, as the sellers on Aliexpress would ship if not specified in the order.

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #10,835 of 33,689
I'm sitting here listening to music with OKCSC M1 DIY that I got today. They do sound rather good even if they kinda look like something else but not exactly

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #10,836 of 33,689
I'm sitting here listening to music with OKCSC M1 DIY that I got today. They do sound rather good even if they kinda look like something else but not exactly

Been looking at them myself but not spending anymore money on headphones as I've already got 6 pairs.

Aug 22, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #10,837 of 33,689
I just recently received my Spinfit tips and am trying those. They make putting the ZS5s in your ear way easier compared to the T400s. Seem to keep a seal pretty well too. I feel like I liked the sound better with the T400 tips, but it's a bit early to judge.

The spinfit's do look pretty sweet. I've tried comply foam tips before and they broke down way too quickly and were a pain to put them on. Thanks!

Aug 22, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #10,838 of 33,689
For the T200 and T400/500, they are all available in S, M and L sizes. At least those on Aliexpress do.

Think you are using the 'default' M's, as the sellers on Aliexpress would ship if not specified in the order.

I probably misunderstood the discussion as I only use Comply foams. Might be interesting to check Ali for cheaper alternatives though.

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #10,841 of 33,689
Aug 22, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #10,842 of 33,689
The stock starlines start out pretty ridiculously stiff and uncomfortable straight out of the box but are quite wonderful with a bit of break-in. (and they sound quite nice imo)

Comply T400 / T500 are pretty popular for the ZS5 - tames the highs a bit iirc.
Spinfits and spiral dots come up occasionally.

And worth throwing out there — not a lot of love for Symbios on the ZS5 but I find them pretty handy when I need more isolation (not a fan of foams personally).

If you're looking for more options try searching the KZ thread :wink:

Auvio Larger tips that Radio Shack used to sell have now become my faves for the ZS5..Tamed the highs, brings out the bass, clarity, and the resolution...they are still available on EBay. Foams were ok but they make my ears itch after awhile...

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #10,843 of 33,689
Auvio Larger tips that Radio Shack used to sell have now become my faves for the ZS5..Tamed the highs, brings out the bass, clarity, and the resolution...they are still available on EBay. Foams were ok but they make my ears itch after awhile...

I probably have no less than 20 pair of large Auvio's and use them on a lot of my iem's however for the KZ's I prefer the Starlines and as said they break in nicely after 4 or 5 wearing's. I think KZ realized they had something when they found the Starlines:wink:

KZ Clanners.JPG

Aug 22, 2017 at 4:52 PM Post #10,844 of 33,689
I've cleaned up some recent conversation in the thread. Let's keep the discussions in check, please.

I'm still none the wiser on what can and what can't be discussed, I've checked back to the introduction message that I got when I joined and none of the links now work. I'm guessing the pages they were linked to went bye bye with the update but there's no obvious place to look for rules in the forum structure.

Aug 22, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #10,845 of 33,689
I'm still none the wiser on what can and what can't be discussed, I've checked back to the introduction message that I got when I joined and none of the links now work. I'm guessing the pages they were linked to went bye bye with the update but there's no obvious place to look for rules in the forum structure.
I'll look at the welcome message links, they should still be working so if they're broken I'll need to figure out why.

Back to the topic, Brooko has an excellent first post with a list of rules for this thread. Let me know if there's still any questions after reading those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back