Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Aug 22, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #10,846 of 33,689
I'll look at the welcome message links, they should still be working so if they're broken I'll need to figure out why.

Yes, that's the ones I was referring to, just get a page not found type message.

So as long as they're not 100% identical and don't use the name of the IEM they're based on then discussion is fair game?

I hadn't seen all Brooko's rules in the first post.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #10,848 of 33,689
So as long as they're not 100% identical and don't use the name of the IEM they're based on then discussion is fair game?
This reads like a rather specific question, so feel free to PM me if you'd like clarification on questionable products. I don't want to take the thread off topic more than I already have.

Aug 22, 2017 at 9:10 PM Post #10,851 of 33,689
I could only find packs with s/m/l and I only use medium

You might be able to work with an individual vendor to get 3 pairs of only 1 size. But the number of times I've bought them, they've come in a pre-sealed baggie with 1 pair of each size in the bag.

The other option is to go in with someone else - maybe post up something on the classifieds section. I know if I only used medium, I would love to trade someone 10 pairs of my S or L for 10 pairs of their M (for example).

Like you, I only use medium. I have from time to time needed to use a pair of small or large for extraneous reasons (such as a really tiny or overly large nozzle which distorts the overall OD of the silicone tip).

Aug 22, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #10,852 of 33,689
I do like the KZ starlines so I ordered 3 packs of them
Is that what it's called with the star shaped cut-outs by the bore?

It's my absolute favorite tips. They are the best fitting tips I've ever used(that's saying a lot). I use it with other universals as well. No other tip has fit me better and sealed so well. I use Large size myself. Those tips are partially the reason why I like the ZS5.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #10,854 of 33,689
Yeah I never went through with an order but a certain seller on my next order of the Starline to let him know what size i want and he should be able to do it. I could use more since I too only use M and I somehow misplaced my only pair the other night lol

Aug 23, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #10,855 of 33,689
Hi all, I've recently bought a few Chinese IEMs and have been super happy with them (ZST, ED9, T515) but the ZS5s have piqued my interest and was wondering whether someone could let me know if it's worth getting them. I love the ZST (I have the upgraded cable too) but sometimes wish it had brighter, more detailed highs. Should I spring for the ZS5? Or are there any other IEMs I should consider? Thanks.

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #10,856 of 33,689
Yes do it
Hi all, I've recently bought a few Chinese IEMs and have been super happy with them (ZST, ED9, T515) but the ZS5s have piqued my interest and was wondering whether someone could let me know if it's worth getting them. I love the ZST (I have the upgraded cable too) but sometimes wish it had brighter, more detailed highs. Should I spring for the ZS5? Or are there any other IEMs I should consider? Thanks.
it

Aug 23, 2017 at 5:46 AM Post #10,857 of 33,689

The ZS5s are not brighter than the ZSTs so you may be disappointed, although IMO they are a good upgrade.

Try the ci880s which are known as blumuze on Amazon UK and US.

They are bright and detailed at the top end.

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #10,859 of 33,689
For those who have been contemplating the Super 7 there's a new version (I think it's new) the Super SD7. It has 4BA + 1DD for $170.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...s-Around-Ear-Earphone/119089_32827373244.html

HTB1m5ixXgoQMeJjy0Fnq6z8gFXaa.jpg

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #10,860 of 33,689
ZS5 is not forward, but it is not dark either. I think the lower treble area responsible for forward signature is lowered, so not a forward agresssive type signature. I think the mid definition is a bit lacking as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back