Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #10,352 of 33,689
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #10,353 of 33,689
No, I just make my own mandarin-like hybrids using disposable earplugs, and hole punch, and silicone tips (which is basically the same thing).
Pic or did not happen.

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #10,354 of 33,689
Well I mean the one in literally the post above yours seems like a good choice.

Thanks for the suggestion. The style seems way off for my taste though. I don't like having cables above my ears, nor do I like chunky earphones. Yes, sound is what matters, but I want my earphones sleek and stylish. Not something Transformers would use.

LZ A4 doesn't quite fit the bill either, but one review said they feel comfy with the straight down wear.

I am actually quite surprised by the lack of variation and imagination in outer design of earphones. No pastel colors for example (especially pastel green. That I would love to see!)

Do you maybe have any other suggestions? Others are of course welcome to pitch in as well :)

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #10,355 of 33,689
Jul 29, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #10,356 of 33,689
Thanks for the suggestion. The style seems way off for my taste though. I don't like having cables above my ears, nor do I like chunky earphones. Yes, sound is what matters, but I want my earphones sleek and stylish. Not something Transformers would use.

LZ A4 doesn't quite fit the bill either, but one review said they feel comfy with the straight down wear.

I am actually quite surprised by the lack of variation and imagination in outer design of earphones. No pastel colors for example (especially pastel green. That I would love to see!)

Do you maybe have any other suggestions? Others are of course welcome to pitch in as well :)

If you tell us what you'd like (more than pastel green and straight down fit) it's much easier to give good suggestions. What kind of sound do you enjoy, what music do you listen to, is isolation important, what will you use to drive the etc.

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #10,357 of 33,689

1More triple and 1More quad maybe. Imo they look sleek and stylish and not too chunky, just only microphonic issues on the 1More triple. Triple sounds pretty decent considering you can get them at about 60$ now. No idea how the Quad sounds tho, still contemplating between getting this or Pinnacle P1 at this price range or maybe the pioneer ch9t

Jul 29, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #10,358 of 33,689
I'm interested in the 3ba iem and hisenior 6ba...

got a fr graph of 3ba from the seller.

HTB1GCkBSpXXXXaqaXXXq6xXFXXXt.jpg

not too much but at least gives a idea.

Jul 29, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #10,359 of 33,689
Multi-bore IEMs make me laugh. Mostly because the instant the audio leaves the nozzle the entire purpose of "separate channels" is negated. Ah, gimmicks...

That Kinera H3 seriously has my attention, though. Why must chi-fi be so much fun?

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:09 PM Post #10,360 of 33,689
Multi-bore IEMs make me laugh. Mostly because the instant the audio leaves the nozzle the entire purpose of "separate channels" is negated. Ah, gimmicks...

That Kinera H3 seriously has my attention, though. Why must chi-fi be so much fun?

well :), the purpose is related to bad things happening(distortion) with the waves mixing earlier and the length they have to travel and the bore material they are traveling through. Once they leave that bore there is no issue anymore and it is safe to mix. There are issues there depending on the construction/design and housing. Even the single driver CH9T uses a bore of brass with an aluminum sleeve to help get a smoother output. Mixing dual drivers can have even more issues. Not negated since once out of the bore the problems aren't an issue and can be mixed together. The cheaper Chi-Fi way is to put the armature or even duals right in the nozzle. Boom, no issue through the bore cause the armature output comes out at the end of the bore and is again free to mix after it. If you put the armature back further there is usually a small tube like here in the AX60 behind the screen...
5047630.jpg

..which goes over the armature nozzle and keeps from mixing till after.

Not a gimmick but one of quite a ways to avoid issues that you will see being applied in earphones esp. multi drivers. Dangerous journey for those frequencies from the housing through the bore and into the ears. Gotta keep them safe and pure!:ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #10,361 of 33,689
1More triple and 1More quad maybe. Imo they look sleek and stylish and not too chunky, just only microphonic issues on the 1More triple. Triple sounds pretty decent considering you can get them at about 60$ now. No idea how the Quad sounds tho, still contemplating between getting this or Pinnacle P1 at this price range or maybe the pioneer ch9t

1More Quad definitely is stylish! Quite to my liking! Thank you for the suggestion @VinceHill24 ! I appreciate it! :) Will now read a few reviews. Any chance anybody here listened to both it and LZ A4?

Jul 29, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #10,362 of 33,689
1More Quad definitely is stylish! Quite to my liking! Thank you for the suggestion @VinceHill24 ! I appreciate it! :) Will now read a few reviews. Any chance anybody here listened to both it and LZ A4?

The Quad is fantastic. I can't compare to the A4 but it is a WONDERFUL product.

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #10,363 of 33,689
The Quad is fantastic. I can't compare to the A4 but it is a WONDERFUL product.

Yeah, read many good things about it online. Plus the design is really sleek. Got them at a discount on Aliexpress from the official store (discount lasts only 4 more hours). That's it. The trigger has been pulled. LZ A4 will have to either wait, or never be heard :) Thanks for the help guys! You're awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back