Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 14, 2017 at 5:06 PM Post #8,973 of 33,689
The BK50 has iPhone controls, I think. Haven't got a pair to check but I did mention the iphone buttons in my review so unless I've really cocked up they're an option

May 14, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #8,974 of 33,689
May 14, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #8,975 of 33,689
Hifiman re400s are going for about $50 on Aliexpress right now. How do they hold up the onslaught of recent chi-fi?

And has anyone done any direct comparisons between the KZ ZST, and the Tennmak Pro? If they were equally priced, what would you choose? Might as well throw the re400s into the ring too. Whose the winner?

May 14, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #8,976 of 33,689
Hifiman re400s are going for about $50 on Aliexpress right now. How do they hold up the onslaught of recent chi-fi?

And has anyone done any direct comparisons between the KZ ZST, and the Tennmak Pro? If they were equally priced, what would you choose? Might as well throw the re400s into the ring too. Whose the winner?
RE400 is a different beast. They have smoothest frequency response among the IEMs, they're balanced between tri-band, clarity and soundstage is easily the best among IEMs with single dynamic driver. Many might find them bass-shy, so they're not for bass-head. If you like vocal music, they're the ultimate choice. Note that they're not mid-forward, I would say them neutral.

May 15, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #8,977 of 33,689
Hi Chi-fi,
I am looking for a set under $50 (sub $20 would be great, but I'm willing to pay more if it's worth the extra spending), with mild V-shaped signature, clear bass (I hate muddy bass) with ok impact, detailed high (not too smooth), great sound stage and imaging. Genre of music is mostly classic rock and metal. I had piston 3 (wish it has larger sound stage), ZST is on the way, I love my ath-m50x (i know it's full size and costs about $130, but that's how I like the sound).
Has anyone have any recommendation? I think I will pick up the Einsear T2 anyway, however I am still looking for a pair. Thank you all.

May 15, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #8,978 of 33,689
Hi Chi-fi,
I am looking for a set under $50 (sub $20 would be great, but I'm willing to pay more if it's worth the extra spending), with mild V-shaped signature, clear bass (I hate muddy bass) with ok impact, detailed high (not too smooth), great sound stage and imaging. Genre of music is mostly classic rock and metal. I had piston 3 (wish it has larger sound stage), ZST is on the way, I love my ath-m50x (i know it's full size and costs about $130, but that's how I like the sound).
Has anyone have any recommendation? I think I will pick up the Einsear T2 anyway, however I am still looking for a pair. Thank you all.
Gonna get my EINSEAR T2 too, I also get the Seahf AWK-009, acording to some feedbacks, the Seahf is more vocal centric and has less bass than average. For metal I would recommend the **** 4in1 but treble is kinda too hot for some metal tracks.

May 15, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #8,979 of 33,689
Discussion posts about Whizzer A15 seem hard to come by...

Has anyone tried them with upgrade MMCX cables? Can they benefit from a pure silver / silver plated copper cable upgrade? Thanks!

May 15, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #8,980 of 33,689
Hi Chi-fi,
I remember tennmak piano has a mild V-shaped signature. Check out **** UEs' too.

May 15, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #8,981 of 33,689
Hi Chi-fi,
Sounds like the ZST to be honest.

May 15, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #8,983 of 33,689
RE400 is a different beast. They have smoothest frequency response among the IEMs, they're balanced between tri-band, clarity and soundstage is easily the best among IEMs with single dynamic driver. Many might find them bass-shy, so they're not for bass-head. If you like vocal music, they're the ultimate choice. Note that they're not mid-forward, I would say them neutral.

Thanks for your response. Have you compared the ZST with the Tennmak Pro? Which would you recommend? I'm looking for a balanced sound with good treble clarity. Thanks!

May 15, 2017 at 7:24 AM Post #8,985 of 33,689
Hi Chi-fi,

Seahf AWK009 has decent soundstage and fairly balanced bass when used with good sealing eartips like the Comply style foams. On a price/performance ratio it's probably the best out there at the moment.

KZ ZST doesn't have decent soundstage in comparison to the better single dynamics. The best earphones I've tested for soundstage are what some may describe as bass light, the Ty Hi Z G3, but they are the only IEM that comes close to the sound of my old AKG Q702s.

Oh, one other suggestion would be the BossHiFi B3s as they're pretty balanced, have good imaging and great clarity

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back