Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 9, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #8,837 of 33,689
I can get the Memt x5 for $13 USD right now. Anything else I should consider? I'm just looking for a daily driver for walking to work, going to the gym. It has to have a mic on that works with android. Seems like a good price at $13.

May 9, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #8,838 of 33,689
Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #8,844 of 33,689
Bought one from taobao last night but have very low expectations -- several consider the ZS3 the best KZ IEM, and my ZS3 was somewhat mediocre.
My only experience with KZ is a pair of ZST pros (colourful version) and I was really pleased with those. I gave the ZS3 a pass since it seemed like it was mostly being hyped for basshead and EDM purposes which isn't my thing.

May 9, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #8,845 of 33,689
So looking at the frequency graph for the ZS5, that midrange looks really recessed? This is supposed to have a driver dedicated solely to midrange, so I'm surprised that they weren't able to tune it flatter. It also looks like the treble is going to make the ZST look tame!

frequency-graph.jpg

I know you can't just go by the graphs but rather by hearing them in person, but I'm not sure what to think after seeing that.

I think if you like the ED9 with the dull brass filter, and the ZST, you're going to love the ZS5.

May 9, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #8,846 of 33,689
That graph is basically useless with the x-axis unlabeled. If you assume it's starting at 10hz then it seems to drop off completely at 3.5khz and it won't produce any treble at all.

That said, I jumped on board the hypetrain and ordered a blue/gold no mic.

Last edited:
May 9, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #8,848 of 33,689
So looking at the frequency graph for the ZS5, that midrange looks really recessed? This is supposed to have a driver dedicated solely to midrange, so I'm surprised that they weren't able to tune it flatter. It also looks like the treble is going to make the ZST look tame!

I know you can't just go by the graphs but rather by hearing them in person, but I'm not sure what to think after seeing that.

I think if you like the ED9 with the dull brass filter, and the ZST, you're going to love the ZS5.
I can't wait till you get them to compare them to your 1more.

May 9, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #8,849 of 33,689
Worst comes to worst I'm out $36, which won't be the end of the world. The cable choices are a nice touch at least. Honestly, KZ does good work for the most part for the cost, and I haven't had any QC issues.

May 9, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #8,850 of 33,689
Can anyone recommend a MMCX cable for my **** 6in1 ? The silver cable it came with is defective. Not looking for anything too fancy, something under 20 euro / 25USD that's descent quality and doesn't have a very thick cable since i wanna use them on the go as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back