Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 8, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #8,822 of 33,689
I saw a new 'obscure' KZ product: KZ ZS5, a 2DD+2BA 4-drivers hybrid iem. The look is definitely a copy of Campfire Andromeda. Detachable cable with 2-pin connector. It's around 30USD on taobao. Probably on AE soon.
https://world.taobao.com/item/550087478031.htm

From the description:
impedance: 16 ohm, sensitivity: 106dB/mW
10mm DD for low frequency, 6.4mm DD for mid.
30095 BA for ultra-high frequency, and a custom 1205 BA for high frequency.

-Clear
It's about time....:ksc75smile:

....QC issues has been the biggest problem with KZ. ...Hope it's not an issue if I decide to jump early on them.

May 9, 2017 at 2:00 AM Post #8,823 of 33,689
-Clear
It's about time....:ksc75smile:

....QC issues has been the biggest problem with KZ. ...Hope it's not an issue if I decide to jump early on them.

Oh man, gonna skip ZS3 thoughts and getting dark grey ZS5 for sure! Nice!

May 9, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #8,824 of 33,689
Urbanfun are here. very, very good, very good midrange and rest of the spectrum is a natural fit. Rather rounded sound, not sharp,hear every detail in the music. You can hear mp3 poor quality, every flaw. who loves vocals will love them, for classic excellent. For psytrance and EDM good, but missing a little sub bass drives. Very, very good headphones. compared with Tennmak Piano, more linear in mids and high range but without a strong sab bass, details a much better and more realistic instruments and vocals

May 9, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #8,827 of 33,689
Urbanfun are here. very, very good, very good midrange and rest of the spectrum is a natural fit. Rather rounded sound, not sharp,hear every detail in the music. You can hear mp3 poor quality, every flaw. who loves vocals will love them, for classic excellent. For psytrance and EDM good, but missing a little sub bass drives. Very, very good headphones. compared with Tennmak Piano, more linear in mids and high range but without a strong sab bass, details a much better and more realistic instruments and vocals

Great to hear it!
I love my Urbanfun, amazing piece of IEMs!
I always recommend these tips for Urbanfuns:
http://s.aliexpress.com/uQ7faY77

May 9, 2017 at 5:23 AM Post #8,830 of 33,689
what are the advantages of multi-driver iems, are they crossing over each?

The theory is that having different drivers for different frequencies is better than one driver covering all frequencies. Personally I've found most budget multi driver earphones less than perfect, there are exceptions like the Urbanfun and BossHiFi B3s.

I feel that generally a single dynamic has more realistic sound and better soundstage.

May 9, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #8,831 of 33,689
The theory is that having different drivers for different frequencies is better than one driver covering all frequencies. Personally I've found most budget multi driver earphones less than perfect, there are exceptions like the Urbanfun and BossHiFi B3s.

I feel that generally a single dynamic has more realistic sound and better soundstage.
I have Urbanfun, would you recommend that I take Boss Hi b3 next to them and are they in something better than Urbanfun?

May 9, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #8,832 of 33,689
The Simgot EN700 Bass along side my K3 Pros. Funny thing is that it's not that bassy as you would expect.

IMG_20170509_193943.jpg

May 9, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #8,833 of 33,689
http://www.tfzither.com/about.html

Check out TFZ's page -- a lot of new models in the Exclusive series. The Exclusive 5 line looks to come in three colors, all of them made of metal. Housings look great, ergonomic and original.
Nice! I've checked out their Taobao page and apparently now only the Exclusive 1 is available. Not sure if they're gonna launch the subsequent series soon. I think i'm hooked for this much more than KZ ZS5. The price is much cheaper too compared to Exclusive King but well they're King anyway so the price difference can tell. The Exclusive 1 appears to be 9mm graphene dual magnetic driver as well. And the detachable cable is definitely something to die for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back