Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 22, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #8,513 of 33,689
Apr 22, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #8,515 of 33,689
Apr 22, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #8,516 of 33,689

70$ at Massdrop ?! It's a really good deal that you won't wanna miss. They're really worth every price i paid for. I've spent pretty much a whole day with this since i got it earlier today. Just some brief impressions, they're very lean sounding with very good resolution overall. They're very well balanced imo and i would say quite close to being neutral. Their highs are bright but not overly so. They're no where to the point of edgy or harsh instead they're smooth and airy with great extension (i believe the wide frequency response 5hz - 40kHz accounts for that airy feel).

Its bass is what i like the most. They're in no way recessed like what some Taobao review has mentioned. The amount of bass is just right and it's also deep with ample of subbass to complement the midbass. Bass notes have good speed, they're fast, tight and punchy as if it's coming out from a BA. Midrange sounds clear and natural although can come across as a bit thin. Upper midrange have better body and a fuller sound with female vocals sounding lush and clear though not as much being emphasised when compared to Magaosi K3 Pro, just smooth and clear.

One of the best thing in the Exclusive King i think is its instrument placement and separation.
While its soundstage may not be that exceptional at this price point but the instrument separation and the placement in the stage is so clear & accurate without any bleed over and this probably is why they're marketed as a hifi monitor instead.

They're very easy to drive, having rather low impedance at 12Ohm and a pretty high sensitivity @ 11dB so it kinda makes them quie loud even at lower volume (< 50% volume on both my Samsung Note 3 & Aigo Z2 is already loud enough and anything more would probably cause hearing damage)

These are just my brief initial impressions, i believe burn-in will further improve it as TFZ also recommended an 80-150hours of burn-in on this. As usual JMHO and YMMV.

And 1 more, they're actually quite heavy. In fact they're the heaviest of all plastic IEMs i had so wearing it for a long period may put strain on your ears and could cause discomfort.

Apr 22, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #8,517 of 33,689
And 1 more, they're actually quite heavy. In fact they're the heaviest of all plastic IEMs i had so wearing it for a long period may put strain on your ears and could cause discomfort.

Dual magnets graphene drivers weighing-in?

Apr 22, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #8,518 of 33,689
I got in a pair of cheap Asian brand earphones from Elecom. The Japanese maker does send stuff over here to the US for "fulfilled by Amazon" sales. I saw they were in stock and ordered a pair in orange to try out. They were $14.99... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K1O68UU/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492890161&sr=sr-1&keywords=elecom+EHP-CB100

Part of , the baby, of the "Black Black Black" series which all are described as "Neutral high sound quality headphone with minimal design, no sound choice to listen to. BLEC BLACK BLACK "which adopts ELECOM Torus External Magnet Driver (ETAM Driver) and reproduces compact but well-balanced high sound quality." The lines flagship CB1000 is PDD(piezo + dynamic driver set-up) but the little brothers are single driver with external magnets.

For $15 you get a choice of 6 color for the cable and tips. My cable and tips are orange. You have a chin slider and a cord wrap. They have 7.0 micron PET driver that is titanium coated. It has 30 ribs to keep the driver stiffer and suppress vibrations. That and the 6 mm external torus magnet help give them a more neutral sound. You also get two steps for fit on the nozzles; outer will fit a couple of mm deeper and give a bit more bass and the second notch will not seal quite as deeply and give less bass.

I think they are pretty cool looking and the housings barely any bigger than the medium tips that comes installed on them. They are quite well balanced and good separation out of the package. Pretty close to neutral bass-wise. No burn in but already seem well tuned and fun and capable for $15. I like them. Pretty rare for a $15 phone to have a closer to neutral and nicely controlled bass. Good comfort as well. Off to listen some and put some hours on. Early but I think these are worth posting about :) though I would say to keep an eye out for the CB200 to be stocked as that seems quite well regarded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back