Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Apr 5, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #7,936 of 33,689

Wow! ...nice find!
cool.gif

Well? ...With the single-flange silicone ear tips they definitely sound dense and thicker while still providing nice clarity overall playing on the warmer side. But, if you happen to have a medium/larger size double-flange silicone ear tips, they will definitely bring out a more vivid and clear overall balance with livelier midrange and upper details that will clearly make a difference.

I believe that this was MEMT's intension after having a quick "chat", by way of WeChat, today in China. ...Translating can be a challenge, though!
redface.gif

....He is on the verge of providing the bigger "double-flange silicone ear tips needed". Haha!....let's see!
etysmile.gif

X9 comes with a little carry pouch too!

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #7,938 of 33,689
  I actually have those. Here are pictures of the new Seahf IEM

Apparently these are supposed to be similar to the Ty Hi-Z G3. I didn't even open them until today lol, off to burn these in and see.

Oh no, noodle cable that's a big no from me then.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #7,939 of 33,689
Received MEMT X5 couple of days back and oh boy they are super fun to listen to. Superstrong bass, decent mids and clear highs. Soundstage is decent too.
Compared to Zircons bass is almost similar but better controlled. Zircons sound little harsh and congested on mids and treble. X5 are rather smooth n definitely better than Zircons.
Comparing X5 with ZST , few frequencies sound muted in treble region on X5 but that's the beauty of X5. They will never tire your ears by super sharp highs. Also I find ZST's soundstage is artificial and instruments position out of place.
Sound aside, I find X5 look very cheap (in fact they are :wink:), cable also give a feeling of cheap iem but they are strong at the same time.
Overall I'm very with the purchase and will be waiting for their next offerings X7, X9.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #7,940 of 33,689
Received MEMT X5 couple of days back and oh boy they are super fun to listen to. Superstrong bass, decent mids and clear highs. Soundstage is decent too.
Compared to Zircons bass is almost similar but better controlled. Zircons sound little harsh and congested on mids and treble. X5 are rather smooth n definitely better than Zircons.
Comparing X5 with ZST , few frequencies sound muted in treble region on X5 but that's the beauty of X5. They will never tire your ears by super sharp highs. Also I find ZST's soundstage is artificial and instruments position out of place.
Sound aside, I find X5 look very cheap (in fact they are :wink:), cable also give a feeling of cheap iem but they are strong at the same time.
Overall I'm very with the purchase and will be waiting for their next offerings X7, X9.

Glad to hear you're happy with your X5. Here's a sneak preview of X7:

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #7,944 of 33,689
The ATR is no match for the Urbanfun to be honest. Surely the ATR is decent for the 4$ it cost but in comparison they lose in every other aspect (jmmv)
I'm still wondering where the hype came from since other headphones are so much better. I might have a broken pair though, just used them for an hour after burn in to see what they sound like vs others, now they are in the 'if everything else breaks' drawer.

Okay, Urbanfun it is then! err... and also maybe the X5

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:25 AM Post #7,945 of 33,689
  Technically Chinese.... you guys really need to get the Monoprice M1060 and try cskippy's mods on them. Mind blowing. Puts my old HE-500 to shame. No joke.

Blame the M1060 for my review delays. It sounds stupid good Balanced from my Infinity V2+. MMCX connectors too, which I love and everyone else hates. Less cables for me to own.

I've been looking at those.. If/when there is a revision to deal with the QC issues, I might get a pair :)

Apr 5, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #7,946 of 33,689
@bhazard Just searched it up on their website and wow it looks gorgeous!
L3000.gif
 Really interested in owning 1. On a side note I didn't know monoprice got a triple driver in ear for $50 too... Monoprice is really starting to intrigue me, especially since I haven't got their hyped monoprice 9927.

Link for M1060 planar headphones: https://www.monoprice.com/category/audio-and-video/monolith-series/monolith-headphones
Link for earphones: https://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=120&cp_id=12010

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:08 AM Post #7,947 of 33,689
The ATR is no match for the Urbanfun to be honest. Surely the ATR is decent for the 4$ it cost but in comparison they lose in every other aspect (jmmv)
I'm still wondering where the hype came from since other headphones are so much better. I might have a broken pair though, just used them for an hour after burn in to see what they sound like vs others, now they are in the 'if everything else breaks' drawer.

I just ordered a KZ ATR, I guess it's another headphone I'll give you guys my opinions to in a few months... in the summer, lol. It's sad how long it takes for delivery and then the burn in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back