Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 25, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #7,261 of 33,689
  @Vishal

what are you planning ? Balanced cables?

@eteina

Totally, I have written balanced cables and gone through hundreds of pages n not seen this seller. If you want to see worst search EVER - try Rakuten of Japan , their global page is horror movie stuff

Looool that Rakuten search results are epic, did a Sony MDR-XB50AP search and I got this.... from Remote control for Sony LCD to Carl Zeiss 12mm 2.8 and a hand made leather strap.....
popcorn.gif

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #7,262 of 33,689
Hey Twin, can you help me out with choosing between the TK12 and TK13? I hear the TK13 has more forward mids but I'm not a stickler for ultimate precision or neutrality; I like a V-shape and search for great bass and soundstage. I haven't heard chinese IEMs before but the level of bass and soundstage I'm looking for is at least something like the RHA MA750 or Sennheiser In-Ear Momentums, so not quite basshead but really deep and really present, with a good amount of treble to not make it too dark. Is the amount of bass on chinese hybrids higher in general than I guess western IEM brands as a whole, seeing as they're more consumer rather than "audiophile" centered? I'm really torn between TK12, TK13 and now K3 although I feel K3 might be a bit too analytic and balanced for my taste. Is the TK12 a pure bass cannon though? I definitely don't want to just drown in the bass, but I love a somewhat thicker note presentation. I'd go for the TK13 straight away but seeing people describe them as having forward mids is my trigger, since I really don't want a Hifiman-esque presentation...

The k3s are def not analytical. I would say the amount of bass is pretty decent and soundstage is wide.i was considering the tk series myself but they are much heavier and less comfy than the k3 i would assume. The k3s power my edm songs just fine without too much bass.

the k3 pros also have a nozzle that gives you extra bass so ive read. Correct me if im wrong guys

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #7,265 of 33,689
Hey Twin, can you help me out with choosing between the TK12 and TK13? I hear the TK13 has more forward mids but I'm not a stickler for ultimate precision or neutrality; I like a V-shape and search for great bass and soundstage. I haven't heard chinese IEMs before but the level of bass and soundstage I'm looking for is at least something like the RHA MA750 or Sennheiser In-Ear Momentums, so not quite basshead but really deep and really present, with a good amount of treble to not make it too dark. Is the amount of bass on chinese hybrids higher in general than I guess western IEM brands as a whole, seeing as they're more consumer rather than "audiophile" centered? I'm really torn between TK12, TK13 and now K3 although I feel K3 might be a bit too analytic and balanced for my taste. Is the TK12 a pure bass cannon though? I definitely don't want to just drown in the bass, but I love a somewhat thicker note presentation. I'd go for the TK13 straight away but seeing people describe them as having forward mids is my trigger, since I really don't want a Hifiman-esque presentation...

TK 12. Hands down.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #7,266 of 33,689
Woah, well....that kind of throws a wrench into my plans :) Thanks for the recommendation my dude. One last thing though - I love to wear IEMs while walking around, how is the isolation on these models? Stock tips any good?

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #7,268 of 33,689
the LZ A4 might not be as comfortable as the K3's too. should save the cash for some other use

I'm surprised you find the uncomfortable, haven't seen many people doing so. Do you wear them over the ears or straight down?

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #7,270 of 33,689
Absolutely. But there are 2 others (and probably more) in this same league: Musicmaker TK12 and It's more refined older Brother TK13. They are BOTH at the same level as the K3 Pro but not quite as comfortable in ear fit.

I LOVE the TK12. It is simply MASSIVE and a very Fun listen.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Yeah I listened to my 12 the other night, more bass but it's not over the top, and the K3 has more clarity, wider stage and better imaging but the 12 is no slouch. I still love the 12 for what it is, I prefer the 12s design more too esp in the Red

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #7,271 of 33,689
Yeah I listened to my 12 the other night, more bass but it's not over the top, and the K3 has more clarity, wider stage and better imaging but the 12 is no slouch. I still love the 12 for what it is, I prefer the 12s design more too esp in the Red

Damn, I think the TK12 looks awful, esepecially in the red, haha :) different tastes, I suppose.

Do you have both TK12/13 and K3? How are their isolation? I'm close to getting TK12 but I listen a lot in traffic so I gotta have a good amount :)

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #7,272 of 33,689
Damn, I think the TK12 looks awful, esepecially in the red, haha
smily_headphones1.gif
different tastes, I suppose.

Do you have both TK12/13 and K3? How are their isolation? I'm close to getting TK12 but I listen a lot in traffic so I gotta have a good amount
smily_headphones1.gif

It sounds worse than it looks.

Anyone who still listens to it might need to have their ears and sense of value checked by the Sony XB50AP i humbly think.

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #7,273 of 33,689
I have a request asking for double check.
Since waiting for new IEM couple of weeks ago I use my stock IEM Sony MH 750 with my Z3Compact which I never did before. This combo sounds close to perfect for me. I know the MH 750 were designed for the Xperia so no wondering why they sound good in this combo.
But I am interested in if they work that well also with other dedicated sources which I do not own.
Does anyone here own the Sony MH 750 and can share his her impressions with me (PM also possible)? Thx

Mar 25, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #7,274 of 33,689
  Ordered these from Ali. Will let you guys know the impression once i recieve it. A $7 dual driver with detachable cable and such gorgeous looks. If they sound half as good as they look, i'd be a happy man. 
tongue.gif

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FBUANG-F910-HIFI-Earphone-Heavy-Bass-Sound-Quality-Music-In-Ear-Sport-Earphones-with-Mic-for/32791848886.html

Very bad sound, stock eartips you can throw away, but shells are comfy.
So I gonna try to switch drivers with other earphones (maybe with Havi B3).

Mar 25, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #7,275 of 33,689
It sounds worse than it looks.

Anyone who still listens to it might need to have their ears and sense of value checked by the Sony XB50AP i humbly think.

Hm, that's interesting, honestly the first time I heard someone say they are bad. Anything else you'd recommend at this price range, with a sound signature similar to what people describe the TK12 as? I'm a complete novice in the world of chinese hybrids so any recommendations are a god sent :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back