Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 8, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #6,556 of 33,689
Graphene diaphragm chinese iems. I'm quite interested in the applications of this new material in headphones. It's thin, strong, and has very good electrical conductivity. Well, all the following iems are actually using graphene Coated diaphragms. Nevertheless, it's fun to see how it goes.

Single graphene Coated dynamic diaphragm:
**** PT15: $8, 15mm driver, 32 ohm. The first one.
Fiio F3: $25, 11mm driver, 40 ohm. A review says F3's graphene diaphragm is just 0.335nm thickness. That's wrong. 0.335nm is the thinnest thickness that a graphene fabric can go, in a lab.
UiiSii Hi820: $19, 10mm driver, 32 ohm. Tons of bass.
I prefer PT15>=F3>Hi820. PT15 wins in soundstage and the music genres I like. F3 wins in pop music.

Some hybrid iems with graphene diaphragm. I don't own any of them.
Xiaomi Hybrid Pro: 2 graphene DD + BA
MaGaisi K3/K3Pro: 1 graphene DD + 2BA. Highly regarded in this thread.
**** 6in1: 1 graphene DD + 2BA

Solid graphene diaphragms would need a relatively huge amount of energy to be moved because of the material's hardness.

Mar 8, 2017 at 8:50 PM Post #6,558 of 33,689
Reached home and switched to a L sized tip. WOW.
Definitely the X5 is not overhyped.

Listened to it for 5 mins and it's like a Tennmak Pro that has been unveiled plus a wider soundstage.

I'm now wondering now if the X5 can surpass the Cello.

What drug did they feed to this 6mm Graphene driver.

It's like a new born baby on steroids.
ksc75smile.gif

Lucky to purchase an Uiisii hm7 locally for approximately 5usd. Hoping to get it as soon as possible. :)

Man? $5 US dollars? That's insane! ...Great deal!
  @1clearhead
Just got UiiSii 905. You are absolutely right, very holographic sound, on par with my M4 and just followed IE80!
I like it more than M4 since it's brighter and more analytical than M4. Much better than LZ A2 and 4in1 that I had.
Thanks for recommendation!

Yea, with the right seal, they can sound "very holographic". I'm glad you like them just as much as I do!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mar 8, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #6,560 of 33,689

It's like a new born baby on steroids.
ksc75smile.gif

Man? $5 US dollars? That's insane! ...Great deal!

Yea, with the right seal, they can sound "very holographic". I'm glad you like them just as much as I do!
Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Thanks to @1clearhead for discovering the MEMT X5! I'm enjoying it right now and will have a review up soon.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:07 PM Post #6,563 of 33,689
Hi guys, has anyone heard the moxpad X9 yet? I was looking through aliexpress this morning and stumbled on them. Having heard from some people about the X6 and X3, was wondering how the X9 would do. I'm new to headfi too so nice to meet you!

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Moxpad-X9-Pro-Dual-Dynamic-Driver-Professional-In-Ear-Sport-Earphone-with-Mic-for-Mobile-MP3/32782206340.html?

Mar 9, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #6,564 of 33,689
  Hi guys, has anyone heard the moxpad X9 yet? I was looking through aliexpress this morning and stumbled on them. Having heard from some people about the X6 and X3, was wondering how the X9 would do. I'm new to headfi too so nice to meet you!

Link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Moxpad-X9-Pro-Dual-Dynamic-Driver-Professional-In-Ear-Sport-Earphone-with-Mic-for-Mobile-MP3/32782206340.html?

Dual dynamic and mmcx for $18? I am interested. The design looks like the vsonic vsds3

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #6,566 of 33,689

I haven't listened to the Tenmak line so can't help you there. I would swap the 808 with the BK50 for the more controlled bass and the more linear treble.

As for the ****, it's surprisingly capable for metal for a v-shaped phone, but it completely unravels when trying to reproduce some intentionally bad, extremely trebly Darkthrone style recordings you sometimes get with metal. You then get a splashy mess that is almost painful to listen to. Properly produced and mastered metal sounds good though, mainly because the bass can follow a quick tempo without smearing, despite its very generous quantity and extension.

I would also look at the XE800 if i were you, it's neutral, fast, dry and very textured, so a great iem for metal. You will get excellent distorted guitars and brutal vocals with these, plus they offer a very wide soundstage. Their weakness in your case is that they are not bass boosted, so not great for electronic. But since you can get both these and the 4in1s and still remain bellow your budget, do it for Angela 
wink.gif

I know that you believe you can buy one pair of iems and be done, but be real, you are on head-fi. You will eventually get more iems whether you need them or not.

I totally agree with you..
I always have in my pocket xe800 and **** 4in1 - xe800 is good for metal, acoustic and vocal and 4in1 is for dance/EDM.
I tried GR07, re400,Soundmagic E10... some earbuds like HE-150, pk2.. but this is my best combo.

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:04 AM Post #6,567 of 33,689
Just uploaded my thoughts (brief as always) on the Boarseman KR25D onto my website for those who follow my reviews/verdicts. 

I can't say anymore on here because of the MoT rules.

Mar 9, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #6,568 of 33,689
  Just uploaded my thoughts (brief as always) on the Boarseman KR25D onto my website for those who follow my reviews/verdicts. 

I can't say anymore on here because of the MoT rules.

Cannot seem to be reaching your website. DNS problems?

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #6,570 of 33,689
It's working now! Maybe a glitch in the matrix. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back