Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #6,496 of 33,689

Yea, the Hi-905's can be a hit or miss for some. They play very neutral with plenty of clarity and if you are coming from a V-shape sound signature to these, you might either love them or hate them. Mines are burned in past 200 hours by now, and that makes up for the lack of bass I was missing on mine for the first 100 hours plus. It surely plays in a unique way, as a 3D-like atmosphere tuning. But, like I said their will be some that hate them, and those that love their unique quality of sound. But, definitely these ARE NOT for bass heads.

I don't hate them, they have their good points. If you value sound-stage above all else they are great.

But i am not a basshead and these are not neutral. A neutral phone has a linear fr plus a few psychoacoustic compensations. In order for the Hi905 to fit in that description it must change dramatically with burn-in which is rather unheard of. These have a serious bass roll off, a very strong peak ~3.5k and a dip from 4k to 8k. They also roll off past 12k. You can confirm what i am saying with a tone generator.

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #6,497 of 33,689

I don't hate them, they have their good points. If you value sound-stage above all else they are great.

But i am not a basshead and these are not neutral. A neutral phone has a linear fr plus a few psychoacoustic compensations. In order for the Hi905 to fit in that description it must change dramatically with burn-in which is rather unheard of. These have a serious bass roll off, a very strong peak ~3.5k and a dip from 4k to 8k. They also roll off past 12k. You can confirm what i am saying with a tone generator.

Sorry, I meant that "in general" when I said "bass head". Though, it did get better for me at the 200 hour mark and it does have its unique quality sound, it does provide me with plenty of bass when needed, just not the type that necessarily thumps.

....these will probably be either loved, or not. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #6,498 of 33,689
I actually like the XE800 better than both the GR07 CE and BE, because it sounds more neutral. But on the downside, while its bass is good for critical listening, it's not always enough for when you are commuting. Modding solves that issue but you will end up with an IEM that has a different sound signature than the GR07s. That's not necessarily a bad thing but don't expect it to sound like the BE when modded, it wont.

Maybe JVC spiral tips solve the bass issue if they fit the nozzle properly. They improved the bass on my RE0 and RE-00

How is the treble? Is it linear like the bass?

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #6,499 of 33,689
Get some Good Tips on them Pronto Crabby. Those Dual Flanges aren't good. I found the Cheapie KZ "Star" tips work wonders on them. I got to agree "Holy Mother!!!"

They LOVE power. I can't figure out HOW they did this for $13 (on Tao Bao)

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Did you already have the Star tips or use the pair I sent with the FXH30?

Im considering ordering more but just asking for 3 Pairs of the large size

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #6,500 of 33,689

Sorry, I meant that "in general" when I said "bass head". Though, it did get better for me at the 200 hour mark and it does have its unique quality sound, it does provide me with plenty of bass when needed, just not the type that necessarily thumps.

....these will probably be either loved, or not. 
biggrin.gif

Lol no worries, it's not like basshead is a dirty word, or is it
wink.gif
?

Maybe JVC spiral tips solve the bass issue if they fit the nozzle properly. They improved the bass on my RE0 and RE-00

How is the treble? Is it linear like the bass?

I tried spiral dots and mh1 tips but i got the best results with UE double flanges. Wearing them over the ear improves the seal more than any tip could though. Still the bass rolloff is too much with any kind of configuration, there is hardly any sound pressure felt which ruins tactile feedback. Subbass is also at least 15db less audible than the high mids, which is a really large delta.

As for the treble, it's not linear at all. It has a really large dip from 4k to 8k (the main reason some complain it sounds muffled). The 8k peak itself is rather pronounced, but it only manages to make it sound piercing. The treble also rolls off early. When i said that the **** 4in1 has a more linear and better extended treble i was not joking. If you want linear treble at this price range the QB3 AKG is hard to beat. But while the LG has the best fr in this range, it's a little weak in the time domain due to its slow driver.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #6,506 of 33,689
  Yup! Those are the ones.....they have star quality!  
etysmile.gif
  Thanks for the link, 'Scrambler'.

Cheers! They are surprisingly nice tips. I find they really don't change sound sig at all which can be a big plus versus other tip options. You simply get a good fit and they're very durable. Cheap too!

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #6,507 of 33,689

Cheers! They are surprisingly nice tips. I find they really don't change sound sig at all which can be a big plus versus other tip options. You simply get a good fit and they're very durable. Cheap too!

No thank you sir!

I have read praise on them before and the price is low enough for it to be an easy impulse purchase.

I have lost most of my JVC Spiral Dots anyway and don't care to pay the higher price tag to re-import those.

I also keep a stash of Aurisonics sureseal tips that fit me. Funny thing though, they somehow always sent one of each KIND of small tips but not one PAIR of each. So it took several purchases before I had a full set of small tips. Only Aurisonics would do that...

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #6,508 of 33,689
  No thank you sir!

I have read praise on them before and the price is low enough for it to be an easy impulse purchase.

I have lost most of my JVC Spiral Dots anyway and don't care to pay the higher price tag to re-import those.

I also keep a stash of Aurisonics sureseal tips that fit me. Funny thing though, they somehow always sent one of each KIND of small tips but not one PAIR of each. So it took several purchases before I had a full set of small tips. Only Aurisonics would do that...

That is unfortunate but also quite hilarious. :p

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #6,509 of 33,689
Hi Mates!

I'd buy for headphone up to 50 $ (maximum).
80% listen to metal music (Arch Enemy, Amorphis, new In Flames, Battle Beast, Delain, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dynazty, Dream Theater, Sabaton etc.) and 20% electonic music (Knife Party, Ludmilla mixes etc).
Balanced sound be pitched to me, detailed sound image, large soundstage.
I do not like cable version over the ear (for example VSonic GR06).
Microphone preferred, but not required. My ear canal is little, so wide nozzles is not good for me.
At present, they are to me: Joyroom E103, Einsear T2, VJJB K4S, Uiisii HM7, Rock Zircon, KZ ED9.
There are much better my music (especially metal music)?
My targets:

Tennmak IE800 (mic): 27 dollars
Tennmak Crazy Cello: 50 dollars
Tennmak Dulcimer (mic): 19 dollars
**** 4in1: 29 dollars
**** DT2: 32-40 dollars
Urbanfun HIFI: 17 dollars
Trinity Audio Vyrus V2 (preordered price 50 dollars)
Einsear FIX (mic): 53 dollars
HLSX 808: 34 dollars
Bosshifi B3: 30 dollars
BlitzWolf BW-VOX1 (mic): 26 dollars
Sendiy M2: 45 dollars
Swing EC1: 33 dollars
Soundmagic E10: 30-35 dollars
Soundmagic E50: 50 dollars
etc...

Some are best reception? 50 dollars category winner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back