Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 11, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #5,761 of 33,689

There are plenty of sellers on Aliexpress that offer the OEM version for less than 20$ but some of them are selling counterfeits. The pairs i got from Beteran store were originals though, so make of it what you will. I wouldn't recommend it for electronic though, it lacks the bass lift to be as effective as other options.

That's debatable as according to Vsonic's CEO they are only ones manufacturing them and there is no OEM licensing, so no OEM versions. He says all those cheap offerings are fakes but  it is possible for some genuine ones to be circulating maybe stolen and smuggled from the factory or if a store had a big stock and went out of business and another seller both them out at a very low price.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #5,762 of 33,689
Welp, I have placed my order for my Sendiy M1221 JUST before the MEMT X5 come to Aliexpress....lol
Still, how is your m1221 now, 1clearhead? Most reviews I see indicates that the M1221 ages quite nicely, and you are one of the first buyers of it. Compare to when you first get it, which part has changed the most through burn-in? Is the stock tips any good?
Thanks in advance!

Yes! They definitely aged quite well! They sound really nice straight out the box! But, once you've probably past 150 hours, they start sounding very open, clean with plenty of clarity and really easy to listen to. The wide soundstage and frontal head stage are just amazing.....I just can't find no faults on these and they easily play most genre's with ease. The default tips, which are medium silicone tips with narrow bores are easily my favorites, though he provides a good selection of stock tips, as well.

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #5,764 of 33,689
  That's debatable as according to Vsonic's CEO they are only ones manufacturing them and there is no OEM licensing, so no OEM versions. He says all those cheap offerings are fakes but  it is possible for some genuine ones to be circulating maybe stolen and smuggled from the factory or if a store had a big stock and went out of business and another seller both them out at a very low price.

The Vsonic CEO can say whatever he wants, i've owned a GR07 mk2, two GR07 CE and a retail XE800 and i am telling you that the pairs i got were genuine.

Feb 11, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #5,765 of 33,689
I've seen the MEMT X5 in 4 different Ali stores now. Sellers get hold of hyped items pretty fast. :wink_face:

At least 2 of the sellers have it at my suggestion.

You are welcome.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #5,766 of 33,689
My Tennmak Crazy Cello's arrived early (got them yesterday evening).

I am very impressed! Built quality is very good. Least micro-phonics from the cord of any IEM I have tried to date.

Very very VERY nice sound stage. It is outstanding. The frequency response is also very nice.

The only thing I have noticed is a slight "metallic sizzle" in certain treble frequencies, hoping that settles down with some hours on them.

They are also, by far...the most comfortable to wear, and very easy to cop a seal.

I like them!!

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:24 PM Post #5,767 of 33,689
My Tennmak Crazy Cello's arrived early (got them yesterday evening).

I am very impressed! Built quality is very good. Least micro-phonics from the cord of any IEM I have tried to date.

Very very VERY nice sound stage. It is outstanding. The frequency response is also very nice.

The only thing I have noticed is a slight "metallic sizzle" in certain treble frequencies, hoping that settles down with some hours on them.

They are also, by far...the most comfortable to wear, and very easy to cop a seal.

I like them!!

A really good sounding hybrid earphone, with a nice soft, non-microphonic cable, is the HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50 - and it's about $15 less than the Crazy Cello.  I have both, and actually prefer the BK50.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Feb 11, 2017 at 10:23 PM Post #5,770 of 33,689
I'd recommend the Vivo XE800, I own both the VE Monks and these. Both are pretty neutral in fr response. I'd say the XE800 has better imaging, separation, bass response and pretty much everything else.

I pulled the trigger on these vivo XE800 as they were fairly cheap, astone would you say it's soundstage is close to matching the VE Monks plus?

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #5,771 of 33,689
Both has a dark signature?
Which is more fun?

The BK50 has stronger Bass, not necessarily lower, just a bit louder.
The Crazy Cello has a more forward Midrange and Treble.

So, I suppose the Cello might be considered "more fun", but I guess it's the Cello's brightness that causes me to prefer the BK50.  As I keep playing the Cellos, they may mellow some.

Feb 11, 2017 at 11:32 PM Post #5,772 of 33,689
A really good sounding hybrid earphone, with a nice soft, non-microphonic cable, is the HLSX Magaosi MGS-BK50 - and it's about $15 less than the Crazy Cello.  I have both, and actually prefer the BK50.

Hello David...

I have both as well. I have not compared the two, yet. I do feel like the cello's have a more 'exciting' soundstage.

Will compare the two soon.

I do like the Magosi BK50's too...and bought them on your reccomendation.

Cheers!

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #5,774 of 33,689
  The BK50 has stronger Bass, not necessarily lower, just a bit louder.
The Crazy Cello has a more forward Midrange and Treble.

So, I suppose the Cello might be considered "more fun", but I guess it's the Cello's brightness that causes me to prefer the BK50.  As I keep playing the Cellos, they may mellow some.

I found the opposite the Cello were returned because I thought they were too dark, whilst the BK50s were fine but I just never took to them because of their design. 
blink.gif

Feb 12, 2017 at 2:10 AM Post #5,775 of 33,689
I pulled the trigger on these vivo XE800 as they were fairly cheap, astone would you say it's soundstage is close to matching the VE Monks plus?

I'd say that the soundstage is superior to the monks. The isolation factor of these definitely helps with instrument separation and overall dynamics on the low end. The only thing I'd be careful with is making sure you acquired legitimate Xe800's from the vendor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back