Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 7, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #5,611 of 33,689
cool.gif
I am quite impressed. With around 50 hours on them now, the MEMT X5 continue to improve. Although they will never qualify as Balanced Audiophile Tuning they DO kick some serious BOOTY. I simply can't believe these tiny little things can make THAT much low end!!!!  PLUS the QUALITY, speed, and tightness of the Low End is off the Hook. 6mm Micro driver? They also LOVE power the more you give them the better they sound. They are Darker and a VERY relaxed listen.

So far I like them Quite a Bit. I am considering getting a 2nd Pair.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #5,612 of 33,689
Quick update on the DZAT DT-05.

After many more hours of burn and trying them on various sources, I've found that I quite enjoy these. In fact, in many ways I'm enjoying them more than my IE80s.

First, I've found it's important to use a clean, brighter, preferably more powerful source. To my ears they sound best on my LG v20 tricked into mid gain (aux) mode. With the extra power the highs seem to extend and have a little more sparkle. They also benefit from a brighter source since it counters their already dark sound.

The bass is still the superstar on these, but I'm noticing much less veil overall. The mids are still recessed, but they aren't veiled, just quieter.

All in all, these are easily giving my IE80s are run for the money in "head time". If you like a warmer, bassy sound like the IE80. Or are a basshead, give these a try. 

I was able to get a brief listen on a set from another Head-fi'er last week and liked them quite a bit. Very fun sound. Hoping to order a pair eventually.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #5,613 of 33,689
:cool: I am quite impressed. With around 50 hours on them now, the MEMT X5 continue to improve. Although they will never qualify as Balanced Audiophile Tuning they DO kick some serious BOOTY. I simply can't believe these tiny little things can make THAT much low end!!!!  PLUS the QUALITY, speed, and tightness of the Low End is off the Hook. 6mm Micro driver? They also LOVE power the more you give them the better they sound. They are Darker and a VERY relaxed listen.

So far I like them Quite a Bit. I am considering getting a 2nd Pair.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN
are they still on taobao

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #5,614 of 33,689
Quick update on the DZAT DT-05.

After many more hours of burn and trying them on various sources, I've found that I quite enjoy these. In fact, in many ways I'm enjoying them more than my IE80s.

First, I've found it's important to use a clean, brighter, preferably more powerful source. To my ears they sound best on my LG v20 tricked into mid gain (aux) mode. With the extra power the highs seem to extend and have a little more sparkle. They also benefit from a brighter source since it counters their already dark sound.

The bass is still the superstar on these, but I'm noticing much less veil overall. The mids are still recessed, but they aren't veiled, just quieter.

All in all, these are easily giving my IE80s are run for the money in "head time". If you like a warmer, bassy sound like the IE80. Or are a basshead, give these a try.

How is that Fulla 1 working for you? I read about some people having problems with it, i have a FiiO K1 instead but it has an issue with not letting your computer sleep or go to screensaver.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #5,615 of 33,689

How is that Fulla 1 working for you? I read about some people having problems with it, i have a FiiO K1 instead but it has an issue with not letting your computer sleep or go to screensaver.

Been plug and play on everything I've used it on including my work PC that I don't have admin rights on. Better sound than I expected and more power than you could possibly need for almost any IEM. In fact, the only "complaint" I have is that I never get past 10% on the analog pot, so eventually it could get noisy if I forget to crank it up and down a few times before plugging it in.

Got it when they were running the 50% off, worth every penny.

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #5,616 of 33,689
Feb 7, 2017 at 2:38 PM Post #5,617 of 33,689

I was able to get a brief listen on a set from another Head-fi'er last week and liked them quite a bit. Very fun sound. Hoping to order a pair eventually.

Eventually! I can't believe the micro man has not ordered these already! By the way I ended up getting a $25.00 discount on MassDrop and my M4's were $8.49
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #5,618 of 33,689

Been plug and play on everything I've used it on including my work PC that I don't have admin rights on. Better sound than I expected and more power than you could possibly need for almost any IEM. In fact, the only "complaint" I have is that I never get past 10% on the analog pot, so eventually it could get noisy if I forget to crank it up and down a few times before plugging it in.

Got it when they were running the 50% off, worth every penny.

Do you have a problem with your screensavers on your computer with it?
They have it on clearance again @ $59 and I'm just wondering if I should get it to replace my K1 since this lack of screensaver/sleep thing is annoying.
Really debating though ....

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:01 PM Post #5,619 of 33,689
Feb 7, 2017 at 3:30 PM Post #5,620 of 33,689

Do you have a problem with your screensavers on your computer with it?
They have it on clearance again @ $59 and I'm just wondering if I should get it to replace my K1 since this lack of screensaver/sleep thing is annoying.
Really debating though ....

Haven't noticed any issues. The screen on my Surface and my laptop go to sleep when they're supposed to and my workstation at work autolocks when it should.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:58 PM Post #5,622 of 33,689
Feb 7, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #5,623 of 33,689
Had anyone done repair work to their headphones before? My left ear started cutting out and looks like something is messed up with the cord where it attaches to the actual 2.5mm headphone jack. Any videos or tutorials?

Some of these asian brand headphones really just don't last for me.

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #5,624 of 33,689
I'm looking pretty hard at the Rose Cappuccino Mk2 these days. Is there anything else out there in the same price range (+/- $100 even) that I should also be considering? I'm looking for a bass cannon that's also good at the rest of the spectrum and has good separation/soundstage. Reviews seem to point to the new Cappuccino as all that and more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back