Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 6, 2017 at 11:00 AM Post #5,596 of 33,689

Headphones model\brand? 

NVM, found: LZ A4

With both red black and front filters? Aimed to give a pump in the lower frequencies!

I am enjoying my pair too, but slightly struggling with fit (the driver shell is still rather large for me). I tried using the spinfits, but can't get an enough deep insertion. Thus using foam tips, but found it deep to push deeper in as well.

Any suggestions on good tips to go with it?

Haha! Red backs blue fronts.. bass boost on the fiio q1 for the extra oomph!

For tips i am using spinfits M cp100... the kz starlines are not bad too

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #5,597 of 33,689
  I'm suprised any chinese IEMs even have warrantys.  I always assumed the cheap prices went hand in hand with cutting costs by getting rid of customer support as well as any warrantys.   I just cant believe how many of my chinese IEMs break down in like 8-12 months time.  I've had that happen to several of my headphones, and even "pricier' ones that I've bought for over $50.  If they are only going to last  a year, i dont see the value in chinese IEMs.

In my experience getting a year out of something from a domestic or "name brand" iem is a pipe dream, unless they just sit in storage and aren't used. And half the time they flat out refuse to honor their warranties if something goes wrong, making up some bull$#!t excuse to get out of it. This isn't a hard and fast rule or experience and sometimes main brands come out with something truly spectacular for the price, but for the most that definitely has not been my experience. I'm only speaking for myself here, but I've been perfectly happy with my off-brand purchases that last just as long or longer with equivalent or better material and sound quality but at a more realistic price. 

Feb 6, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #5,598 of 33,689

In my experience getting a year out of something from a domestic or "name brand" iem is a pipe dream, unless they just sit in storage and aren't used. And half the time they flat out refuse to honor their warranties if something goes wrong, making up some bull$#!t excuse to get out of it. This isn't a hard and fast rule or experience and sometimes main brands come out with something truly spectacular for the price, but for the most that definitely has not been my experience. I'm only speaking for myself here, but I've been perfectly happy with my off-brand purchases that last just as long or longer with equivalent or better material and sound quality but at a more realistic price. 

Oddly, I just had a wonderful warranty experience with Hifiman which I did not expect.  I had bought one of their new daps used on our forum, and went to try to update the firmware.  I then noticed the firmware was outdated quite significantly to the point where they actually asked me to send in the dap to see if they could figure out how to update it themselves.  A couple weeks later, they apparently decided it was easier to send me a new one to replace it, which was really quite wonderful as the included IEM I didn't buy.  All in all a bit of waiting was involved, but in the end I was quite happy.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #5,600 of 33,689
  I'm suprised any chinese IEMs even have warrantys.  I always assumed the cheap prices went hand in hand with cutting costs by getting rid of customer support as well as any warrantys.   I just cant believe how many of my chinese IEMs break down in like 8-12 months time.  I've had that happen to several of my headphones, and even "pricier' ones that I've bought for over $50.  If they are only going to last  a year, i dont see the value in chinese IEMs.

If they only last that long then its just for introducing you to the idea of being an audiophile. Or they hope that you will just buy a new one in another year, after all china always works in just moving product. What is a bigger shame is that many USA companies got into this same mindset (especially after starting to build there) and many of our products these days are considered disposable, even ones that shouldn't be.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #5,601 of 33,689
Just received my first bit of (cheap) Chi-fi in the form of a pair of a ZS3s for "outdoor stuff" and exercising, and I have to say for ten bucks, I'm blown away by how good they sound. I was expecting Skullcandy-tier wooly bass cannons for some reason, and that's not the case at all.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #5,602 of 33,689

Well I can agree here too especially when many domestic brands are building in china and really don't care about their customers anymore.
This is why its important to support ONLY companies who care about their customers and honor their warranties and try to build actual quality products.
Wallet voting is the only way to make changes.

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #5,603 of 33,689

Can you warn us about which models/brands of Chinese headphones break down easily?

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #5,604 of 33,689
  Can you warn us about which models/brands of Chinese headphones break down easily?

I doubt a single consumer can as the sample size will be very small. As a retailer I can tell you that Rock Zircons are the only earphone I hear people complain about repeatedly. I've stopped stocking them as the feedback in terms of durability is very poor.

Feb 6, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #5,606 of 33,689
  I find Chi-Fi iems, If you always put em back in the case they go for years.

Yeah, I'm worried about the long-term durability of my Rose Cappuccino Mk. II's MMCX port. I do not look forwards to dealing with Penon Audio to translate my support request to Rose.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #5,610 of 33,689
Quick update on the DZAT DT-05.

After many more hours of burn and trying them on various sources, I've found that I quite enjoy these. In fact, in many ways I'm enjoying them more than my IE80s.

First, I've found it's important to use a clean, brighter, preferably more powerful source. To my ears they sound best on my LG v20 tricked into mid gain (aux) mode. With the extra power the highs seem to extend and have a little more sparkle. They also benefit from a brighter source since it counters their already dark sound.

The bass is still the superstar on these, but I'm noticing much less veil overall. The mids are still recessed, but they aren't veiled, just quieter.

All in all, these are easily giving my IE80s are run for the money in "head time". If you like a warmer, bassy sound like the IE80. Or are a basshead, give these a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back