Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 6, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #5,581 of 33,689

Interesting, mine came with an "earbud".

Ahhhhh.  We acquired ours about three days before the M9 came to the market from Roger's.  I would take pictures, but both pairs of them died a while back, and until we picked up a few different pairs of KZ earphones a few2 months ago hubby had reverted to using the ones that came with his Galaxy S3, and I was back to my M50X's.

My Tennmak Pro's sure fit under two hoodies a lot better than the M50X's, doubly so if a Thinsulate toque is involved.

Feb 6, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #5,582 of 33,689

Ahhhhh.  We acquired ours about three days before the M9 came to the market from Roger's.  I would take pictures, but both pairs of them died a while back, and until we picked up a few different pairs of KZ earphones a few2 months ago hubby had reverted to using the ones that came with his Galaxy S3, and I was back to my M50X's.

My Tennmak Pro's sure fit under two hoodies a lot better than the M50X's, doubly so if a Thinsulate toque is involved.

its possible that the packaged "accessories" are simply different from market to market and maybe even carrier to carrier.
That part I am not sure of.

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:31 AM Post #5,583 of 33,689
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pair of IEMs with good isolation around $50. I really like the sound signature of my monk+ but I can't really use them when travelling to and from work, can anyone recommend me a couple of good ones with similar sound signature?

Thanks a lot!

Feb 6, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #5,584 of 33,689
  Hi guys,

I'm looking for a pair of IEMs with good isolation around $50. I really like the sound signature of my monk+ but I can't really use them when travelling to and from work, can anyone recommend me a couple of good ones with similar sound signature?

Thanks a lot!

Best earphones I've heard for isolation are the KZ ZS3 with Comply foams, they can almost muffle the sound of a very noisy exhaust/road noise etc. in my car. They are the only earphone that's been able to even come close to downing out the MX5

The KZ's though are pretty far away from the Monks in terms of sound signature. The other earphones I'd suggest such as the Ty Hi-Z G3 which has an airy feel like the Monks barely isolates. I'm stuck for suggestions, good luck with your search

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #5,586 of 33,689
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot!

Whats your current/past monitors,if any, and which one does/did fit you with good isolation?........

Feb 6, 2017 at 2:34 AM Post #5,589 of 33,689

Headphones model\brand? 

NVM, found: LZ A4

With both red black and front filters? Aimed to give a pump in the lower frequencies!

I am enjoying my pair too, but slightly struggling with fit (the driver shell is still rather large for me). I tried using the spinfits, but can't get an enough deep insertion. Thus using foam tips, but found it deep to push deeper in as well.

Any suggestions on good tips to go with it?

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #5,590 of 33,689

Headphones model\brand? 

NVM, found: LZ A4

With both red black and front filters? Aimed to give a pump in the lower frequencies!

I am enjoying my pair too, but slightly struggling with fit (the driver shell is still rather large for me). I tried using the spinfits, but can't get an enough deep insertion. Thus using foam tips, but found it deep to push deeper in as well.

Any suggestions on good tips to go with it?

I think it's either the blue or black front filters, you can see the red filters in the box =P

Feb 6, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #5,591 of 33,689
I think it's either the blue or black front filters, you can see the red filters in the box =P

Oh yea, I didn't realize! I didn't even have the chance to try out all the combinations (have been very careful with putting on / removing the filters, lest causing too much wear / tear). Currently I am on the dual-black combo. Black front/Red back has been enjoyable too!

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #5,592 of 33,689

Well of course you want a company that will support your product in some way, so yes warranty is better than no warranty. But a long lasting product + warranty/support is the best :)

Of course. But when you see DIY, that means it's not professional. Though some some DIY makers are truly professional, but definitely some of them are not.

Feb 6, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #5,593 of 33,689

Best earphones I've heard for isolation are the KZ ZS3 with Comply foams, they can almost muffle the sound of a very noisy exhaust/road noise etc. in my car. They are the only earphone that's been able to even come close to downing out the MX5

The KZ's though are pretty far away from the Monks in terms of sound signature. The other earphones I'd suggest such as the Ty Hi-Z G3 which has an airy feel like the Monks barely isolates. I'm stuck for suggestions, good luck with your search

I've heard good things about the KZ ZS3, maybe I'll see if I can get my hands on a pair to try and see if I like them.

Feb 6, 2017 at 10:54 AM Post #5,595 of 33,689

Warranty service is useless honestly. Nobody wants to mail their phones to china or wait for a new set to arrive from china.
I did this in the past with chinese PMP with sick 6 month turnaround times when it broke.
By the time I get it back its already been replaced, defeating the purpose of the warranty in the first place.
Warranty only works when it works locally or within a week or two, even then people don't want their things to break so longevity is a major factor.

I'm suprised any chinese IEMs even have warrantys.  I always assumed the cheap prices went hand in hand with cutting costs by getting rid of customer support as well as any warrantys.   I just cant believe how many of my chinese IEMs break down in like 8-12 months time.  I've had that happen to several of my headphones, and even "pricier' ones that I've bought for over $50.  If they are only going to last  a year, i dont see the value in chinese IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back