Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 2, 2017 at 2:18 AM Post #5,431 of 33,689
  im lookin for a upgrade for rock zircon and einsear t2 (cheap also) if anyone can recommend

Whilst it's fairly easy to improve on the Zircons improving on the T2 is a bit of a challenge, for the money they are a really decent pair of earphones.

So along with budget as mentioned it would help if you could tell us what you want to improve on..... 

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #5,432 of 33,689

The original's (not the new s version) came like this as well
wink_face.gif

HTB1COn9LpXXXXXSXXXXq6xXFXXX0.jpg

What IEM's are those?

Feb 2, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #5,434 of 33,689
Hi, guys! I'm currently in the lookout for a beater iem to be paired with my Benjie S5 and Topping NX1A.

So between the KZ ZST w/ spc cable and VSonic VSD3S, which do you think is better?

I had the VSD3 and for my ears and my personal taste is better than Kz on everything, except the Kz's airy soundstage, but sounds really strange at high volume due its boomy bass and hot treble, I have to say VSonic also have a hot treble, but I can stand it.

My humble recommendation:

For urban genres: 1more Piston
For classic music, symphonies, jazz and some rock genres/songs: Vivo xe800
For pop music, metal, folk metal and other metal genres: VSonic VSD3.

If you like the balanced sound maybe you should try the Xiaomi Piston 3, but my personal preference is for the VSD3.

Feb 2, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #5,435 of 33,689
Hi, guys! I'm currently in the lookout for a beater iem to be paired with my Benjie S5 and Topping NX1A.

So between the KZ ZST w/ spc cable and VSonic VSD3S, which do you think is better?

I have the VSD3 (non-S) and ZST (stock cable). They're both great IEMs for the money, the ZST being my favourite KZ IEM at the moment, and there are situations where I prefer the VSD3 over my more expensive VSonics. The sound signatures are slightly different, with the ZST being W-shaped (a little hot around 10khz with scooped lower-mids) and the VSD3 having a downward-sloping balanced signature (a little hot around 7khz).

Since you're specifically looking for a "beater" IEM, I gotta warn you that the VSD3's cable design is iffy, assuming you're not referring to the more expensive "revised" version. I warned my friend (drummer) about the cables in advance, and within 2 months the wires were already exposed on his pair, though he was using them as his primary IEM.

Feb 2, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #5,436 of 33,689
Ok. Good thing that I asked first. I guess I'll go for the zst since it has a wider, more airy stage than the vsd3. Anyway, thanks, guys! I'll take account of your recommendations.

One more thing, someone I know is selling a used Fidue a65 for just around $15. Y'all think it's a better cop than the zst w/ spc (since both cost the same) or not?

Feb 2, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #5,438 of 33,689
I had the VSD3 and for my ears and my personal taste is better than Kz on everything, except the Kz's airy soundstage, but sounds really strange at high volume due its boomy bass and hot treble, I have to say VSonic also have a hot treble, but I can stand it.

My humble recommendation:

For urban genres: 1more Piston
For classic music, symphonies, jazz and some rock genres/songs: Vivo xe800
For pop music, metal, folk metal and other metal genres: VSonic VSD3.

If you like the balanced sound maybe you should try the Xiaomi Piston 3, but my personal preference is for the VSD3.

I have the VSD3S, GR07(the original Vivo xe800) and 1more Piston.
And I approve your recommendation.

Feb 2, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #5,440 of 33,689

Those look cool, do you have any experience with them or how they stack up against 1More Triple driver?

I do wish I heard the A4, but unfortunately they are out of my student budget. If I did own the funds, I would buy an A4 based on the reviews of the respected reviewers.
I did audit the 1More Triple driver shortly, and I did enjoy the sound.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #5,441 of 33,689
Hello Chinese IEM thread, I'd been here previously for a brief amount of time, but I abandoned this thread for a period because I lost interest (and budget....)

I'm back because I'm looking for the best close to neutral/natural sounding IEM at around $100. My max budget is $125. I have heard about the Lz-A4 and plan on saving up for that if no one can suggest anything else cheaper. The Lz-A3 is $95 on Gearbest and that's an amazing deal. Should I take that instead of the A4?

Are there any other IEMs that would be good?

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #5,442 of 33,689
  Hello Chinese IEM thread, I'd been here previously for a brief amount of time, but I abandoned this thread for a period because I lost interest (and budget....)

I'm back because I'm looking for the best close to neutral/natural sounding IEM at around $100. My max budget is $125. I have heard about the Lz-A4 and plan on saving up for that if no one can suggest anything else cheaper. The Lz-A3 is $95 on Gearbest and that's an amazing deal. Should I take that instead of the A4?

I would suggest yoou to try Urbanfun or **** 4in1 to comapre with your A3 to see if you you need to try A4 further.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:47 PM Post #5,444 of 33,689

I'd suggest the Etymotic HF5 or the Hifiman re-zero / re0 / re00
First option more neutral, second option more natural.

Feb 2, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #5,445 of 33,689

Neutral =/= Natural. A4 is reasonably natural sounding but far from neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back