Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 30, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #4,591 of 33,689
I just stuck the **** Dt2+ in my ears for the first time in weeks. At first they sounded muffled and grainy then about halfway through MJs Greatest Hits They just opened up Literally. First time experiencing this in real time...suddenly everything was clear, detailed and smooth. The bass was digging deep but not bleeding over..mids are spot on and the resolution has increased tenfold...vocals came forward in the mix..This is stomping all over my 4 in 1 with not a hint of sibilance. It's almost as if the Ba"s were not working at first and then just bang!! Opened up!..This is the sound we were all expecting..Very happy with this purchase now!

Dec 30, 2016 at 2:33 AM Post #4,592 of 33,689
I just stuck the **** Dt2+ in my ears for the first time in weeks. At first they sounded muffled and grainy then about halfway through MJs Greatest Hits They just opened up Literally. First time experiencing this in real time...suddenly everything was clear, detailed and smooth. The bass was digging deep but not bleeding over..mids are spot on and the resolution has increased tenfold...vocals came forward in the mix..This is stomping all over my 4 in 1 with not a hint of sibilance. It's almost as if the Ba"s were not working at first and then just bang!! Opened up!..This is the sound we were all expecting..Very happy with this purchase now!

That clump of earwax finally passed 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #4,593 of 33,689
Thought I'd post this here if it is allowed:

Some close up shots of the Hybrid 8 when compared against another ED 2BA+1DD IEM:

Notice the lack of any sort of capacitors or resistors in the crossover of the Hybrid 8 as compared to the ED 2BA+1DD as well as the size of the DD:

Where there is a SMD resistor in the crossover circuitry of the ED IEM, and the size of the DD within the ED is also smaller and thicker (10mm for the Rose and 8mm "Sennheiser IE80 DD Clone" for the ED)

Bass slam is undoubtedly more present in the Hybrid 8  

Another interesting thing about the Hybrid 8 is that notice the sound tube (or lack of) for the Hybrid 8. There is only one sound-tube for the 2BA and that in itself does not fully reach to the opening of the IEM, but stop just shy of it. It is also fitted with a green dampener. For the DD, there is not sound-tube at all and in its place is only a large open cavity directly connected to the opening of the IEM, where only a piece of black foam is used to wedge and stabilize the sound-tube of the BA (and perhaps tune the sound of the DD?)

Stark contrast to a more traditional or conservative approach to IEM of the ED:

Where there is the more traditional sound-tube reaching to the opening or tip of the IEM, and where each driver, DD included gets its own sound-tube. (BA in the ED also has dampers but I failed to capture them due to small size.) Also not the wiring of the ED and the Hybrid 8.

All in all, briefly, the Hybrid 8's shell is a wee bit thin for my liking and I have to say the build quality of the ED is better, however, sonically, the Hybrid 8 edges out from the ED due to its low-end, which is very well controlled and does not bleed (whereas the same can be say for the ED, but a lack of slam). Imaging, sound-staging, and detail of the Hybird 8 is also better, especially in the sound-stage department. But the ED has a more extended high which depending on your preference can be fatiguing or to die for (I am a treble head).

Just my 2cents 

Dec 30, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #4,594 of 33,689
Are there any Chifi IEMs which have a similar design/negative profile to the Shures? The Tennmak Pros do, but unfortunately they've not got the greatest build quality. The cheaper the better, they're good for falling asleep listening to spoken word.

I sometimes fall asleep with JOYROOM E107 (very small, they almost "disappear" in ears) or QKZ W1 PRO (very flat and thin).

Dec 30, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #4,595 of 33,689
Hi I'm new in forum. I posted a new thread in help section but it's all about Chinese brands so i want to link it here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/830651/hi-new-in-forum-and-need-help#post_13128021
Hi friends I'm new in this forum and have a question
I want to buy a bluetooth earbuds but i can only buy it from my city for some reasons. Also I've limited budget. So I don't have too many options.

My options are
-QCY QY12 / QY11 / QY19 (19 seems newest but 11 is most expensive)
-Awei A920BL / A921BL
-Remax RM-S2
-Kny Baseus Musice Series
-If all of these ones trashy my last option is Meizu EP51 (last because of price)

I will only use with an iphone so I don't care pairing two or more device at same time.
Two things are important: loudness and bass
So which one is true choice for a bass lover like me?
Thanks in advance and sorry for bad English

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #4,599 of 33,689
Interestingly enough, just popped on to say my A4s are ordered and should be with me tomorrow!!

Pretty excited about them (it clearly did not take me long to justify the purchase!) hoping they're all they've been praised for (not too worried on this count TBH)

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,600 of 33,689
  Looking for a set of IEM's around 170 usd anyone know what to get. Heard the dunu dn 1000's were good is there anything better?

Get KEF M200 now for $70 or ADV.sound M4 for less than $40. M4 will rival those $200 products and M200 is better than >$600 IE800.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/675160/kef-m500-m200-impressions-thread/1170#post_13007788
http://www.head-fi.org/t/675160/kef-m500-m200-impressions-thread/1170#post_13010756

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #4,601 of 33,689
Hi I'm new in forum. I posted a new thread in help section but it's all about Chinese brands so i want to link it here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/830651/hi-new-in-forum-and-need-help#post_13128021

The QCY is a good start. It isn't the best bluetooth earphone around, but it is cheap and does the job.

The EP51 is a little bit better if you find it on sale for the same price as the QCY

Dec 30, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #4,603 of 33,689
I must say that of my recently received cheap hybrids the urbanfun has impressed me the most! More so than **** 4in1 or KZ ZST. (I also have the first generation xiaomi hybrids, but i hate strongly dislike them...)

shouldn't the urbanfun get some more appreciation?
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #4,604 of 33,689
  I must say that of my recently received cheap hybrids the urbanfun has impressed me the most! More so than **** 4in1 or KZ ZST. (I also have the first generation xiaomi hybrids, but i hate strongly dislike them...)

shouldn't the urbanfun get some more appreciation?
bigsmile_face.gif

It has some praise here and there but it was never hyped up. Too bad since they receive some good reviews.

Dec 30, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #4,605 of 33,689
  +25$ and you'll get now-being-hyped LZ A4 IEMs.

cool.gif
It's not Hype if they actually perform as well as most are saying.

IMHO, They do.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back