Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 6, 2016 at 6:26 PM Post #3,916 of 33,689
Are those the KZ starline tips on there?
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha, nice catch!

For the record, the new KZ tips are incredible IMHO. I love the bore diameter and I get an EXCELLENT seal with them. 

Hope you are well @bhazard 

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,917 of 33,689
Can somebody post the url for these starline tips? I didn't find any when I searched for KZ STARLINE tips.

Dec 6, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #3,920 of 33,689

Regards to the 1221, It's a combination of my lack of Chinese language and my limited technical skills that I don't understand how they get 2 BAs in there. I think I see the one on top, but where is number 2?  Thanks.

Quote:
K1 beating 4-in-1 is no surprise but a race between K1 & M1221 is indeed interesting to see.......M1221's times 3 price of K1 is way too high to make a purchase decision on top of the myth what these have under their hoods.

After some comfirmation with SENDIY yesterday, I actually made some changes necessary on my review.....

He mentions that "tri-band" relates more to the three tuning nozzles, but indeed is only one DD + one BA each side. So, after that confirmation I've changed some of the statements made on my review, since it was more of a miscommunication from both ends (since he only speaks Chinese). But, I strongly stand confirmed that these are really good in all aspecs as mentioned in my review and can play way beyond its price point. And, remind you, I have compared these with many others besides the ones I wrote in my review and would basically shame them.

I believe, they are currently at $149 US dollars, but they do come with an array of accessories and splash-proof hard case. And, so far he has been doing good with his package deal in China (and overseas), if that's saying anything.

PS. I still would like to see a comparison between K1 and M1221.
ksc75smile.gif
 ....because whether they end-up being the same, it's still a hell of a good deal! --> M1221 with package deal, and the K1 without package deal (for less).

Dec 6, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #3,921 of 33,689
  sorry man i was suggesting an IEM, you're asking for headphones... i havent use a lot of headphones but i do own Diesel Vektr.. which have a V shaped sound, very deep bass.. but definitely not for audiophile and i dunno how to compare it to your UE6000.. but its now available for cheap at amazon.. got mine for arnd 100$ shipped 2 years back..

No problem at all, I will keep an eye on those headphones.

Thanks man!

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #3,923 of 33,689

Do you have to choose between Xiaomi Mi headphone and Meizu HD50? 

If no, ATH-M40x for closed-back headphone, or Takstar Pro 80 for open-back. You know what are closed-back and open-back headphones, right?

No i have not I am open to discover new models, I didnt knew what was closed back and open but now I think I know a little more...
I will keep tracking the prices for both headphones... Thanks man!

I have both the HD50 and the Mi Headphones, both have brilliant build quality and look like a pair of +€200 earphones in my opinion. In terms of sound the Meizu are tuned more for the consumer market than audiophile one, they have a v shape signature. The Mi are similar in sound to the Meizu with the smaller pads but they are more open sounding. I would rate the Mi higher than the HD50s in terms of sound.

The Mi headphones aren't as comfortable as the Meizu with the smallest pads but with the circumaural pads they are on a par.

Which is best? I'd say the Mi are better, but they are more expensive.

Both are excellent and have far superior build quality to anything under €200 from the likes of Sony, Sennheiser, AKG and Audio Technica.

Okay so Mi and Meizu are both good options and its about to me to decide pretty much, well thats good info, I have a couple questions for you if it isnt a problem.
1- Do you think Mi headphones are worth 30/35 more euros then the meizu ?
2- Some ppl in reviews say that Mi have too much bass is this false or you like both of them cuz you are into bass ? :)
3- wich colour did you pick up in meizu ? I like all of them and I am so confused, I would like to see the red ones with good image quality but not photoshopped and its being hard to find.
4- from your personal experience having pads that can be removed is a great deal or you can "live" without that ? I mean meizu dont offer that feature, from your experience did you had any problems with pads ?
5- Did you found any of this headphones in good promotions? At this poing meizu blacks are 50 euros and White/Red are around 55 while Mi are 87 and white ones from Mi are like 107..

Thanks in advance ! 
beerchug.gif

If you can still find them the Don Scorpio Dolphins are a really great set on cans.

From reviews they look really good and they are beautiful the biggest problem is that the lowest i found was 145$ 
frown.gif
 But I will keep an eye too see if I find it for a better price!

Thanks for the link :)

Dec 7, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #3,924 of 33,689
Does anyone think the Mi headphones would have better bass if not silver cabled? I am very tempted to get one and recable it to see what can happen. I read in reviews it lacks in sub bass which is strange for 50mm drivers.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:18 AM Post #3,925 of 33,689
So earlier this year I sold my TK12 to Loomis so I could upgrade to the 13. Over the last few months I listened to the 13 less and less. I've been wanting to acquire the 12 again but didn't want to pay $80. Loomis contacted me the other day and was interested in seeing how the 13 compares. I shipped him it and told me send back which ever you don't want, though I would love my 12 back. He sent me the 12. The Red Beauty is back in my possession. God I missed this thing. The 13 has a bit more detail but does demand your attention. The 12 is just smooth and fun, you can put them in and just go about doing chores without focusing too much on them. Relaxed listening.

On a technical level the Moni is better but on a pure enjoyment overall level the TK12 is the top of my list.

Dec 7, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #3,929 of 33,689

Okay so Mi and Meizu are both good options and its about to me to decide pretty much, well thats good info, I have a couple questions for you if it isnt a problem.
1- Do you think Mi headphones are worth 30/35 more euros then the meizu ?
2- Some ppl in reviews say that Mi have too much bass is this false or you like both of them cuz you are into bass ? :)
3- wich colour did you pick up in meizu ? I like all of them and I am so confused, I would like to see the red ones with good image quality but not photoshopped and its being hard to find.
4- from your personal experience having pads that can be removed is a great deal or you can "live" without that ? I mean meizu dont offer that feature, from your experience did you had any problems with pads ?
5- Did you found any of this headphones in good promotions? At this poing meizu blacks are 50 euros and White/Red are around 55 while Mi are 87 and white ones from Mi are like 107..

1. Hard to answer as it depends on whether you like the interchangeable pads, the sound
2. Not with the around ear pads but maybe a little too much bass with the others.
3. I got the black, red was a little too garish for me
4. I like the pads as you effectively get two earphones in one. I prefer the grado style foams for sound and around ear for comfort.
5. Mine was from Gearbest, both in the 11/11 sales. My Mi are Black/Gold 

Dec 7, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #3,930 of 33,689
So earlier this year I sold my TK12 to Loomis so I could upgrade to the 13. Over the last few months I listened to the 13 less and less. I've been wanting to acquire the 12 again but didn't want to pay $80. Loomis contacted me the other day and was interested in seeing how the 13 compares. I shipped him it and told me send back which ever you don't want, though I would love my 12 back. He sent me the 12. The Red Beauty is back in my possession. God I missed this thing. The 13 has a bit more detail but does demand your attention. The 12 is just smooth and fun, you can put them in and just go about doing chores without focusing too much on them. Relaxed listening.

On a technical level the Moni is better but on a pure enjoyment overall level the TK12 is the top of my list.

This is soooo true those red beauty's are so easy on the ears,just the right amount of detail, longterm durability is on point too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back