Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #3,901 of 33,689
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #3,902 of 33,689
Yea,  it's looks so cool,  how much the price ,??? 
Price on the Taobao/Tmall site is 149RMB for Mic version and 139RMB for non-mic version. But that's excluding all other charges that may incurred for shipping to your own country. The price sounds reasonable enough for me to pull the trigger but note that it's stated that it will be shipped out after the 12.12 sales.

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #3,904 of 33,689
Here are my first impressions of the xDuoo X10. Here is the official thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/823135/upcoming-dap-from-xduoo-the-x10 if anyone wanted to get more into!
 ​
xDuoo X10
={Straight out of left field}=​
First Impressions
 ​

I wanted to take this opportunity to thanks xDuoo for providing this review unit in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I would like to point out that I did pay for shipping and import tax FWIW. 

I would like to preface this post with the disclaimer that I received the unit about a day ago  and as such these are INITIAL IMPRESSIONS and should be interpreted as such. These opinions are mine and mine alone, and I reserve the right to change my opinion as time goes on. With all the pleasantries out of the way, lets get to the good stuff :p

​
xDuoo is a brand name that I have heard quite often during my time here at head-fi, and often in conversations about DAPS and DAC/Amp combos. They have managed to amass a an impressive loyal fanbase here on head-fi, as can be evidenced by populous threads about their products. My first exposure to xDuoo was my first ever tube amplifier purchase - the TA03. I have been an ardent fan ever since, closely following the development of X10 and I thoroughly looking forward to exploring how it sounds!

​
Unboxing and Build quality

Here are some pictures shot with my potato cellphone 

As you can see the packaging is eye catching and compact. The front panel is very apple-esque and pleasing to the eye, me likey! The back panel sports technical information with regards to format support, software information and the like. Overall not bad, feels premium and that you are getting your money's worth.

I found the included accessories to be par from the course (including screen protectors is a nice touch), but I was expecting a bit more, an included case or pouch would have been greatly appreciated! I was pleasantly surprised to discover color image inserts within the manual, loving the attention to detail thus far. 

The X10 is a purely hardware button driven Digital Audio Player with nary a touch screen to be found, just the way I like it frankly speaking. But we will touch (heh) upon that later. As you cab see above, there are a number of input and output options available. Quite a looker if I say so myself. ​

The main face sports 4 buttons ( <BackOption and >) and a giant hard to miss navigation wheel. While I was initially worried before its release, I am happy to say the wheel is sturdy, easy to use and intuitive, but I do wish it had  rubbery surface texture, would help with gripping it. The other ports buttons and ports are self explanatory and self evident.

Some nicer official pics highlighting the design and features.

​

1. Headphone Out
  2. Line out/Optical out
  3. MicroSD slot x 2
  4. Micro usb port
  5. Two stage gain switch
  6. Volume Up + Down 
  7. Reset 
  8. Power
  9. Lock

​
Hardware, Software, UI

Specs:

Features:

The X10 feels durable and rugged, while at the same time premium to the touch; dark, sleek and business like. It sits nicely in the hand and is easy to operate one handed and I am enjoying how ergonomic it feels.

User Interface:
 ​

The unit is quick to start and turn off, which is always a good thing. UI is smooth and easy to navigate, but you will have to keep your music organized (ID3 tags and all that) to make the entire process easier, or you could just use folder view, which is what I do. I am getting used to the UI but I can easily use the buttons while the DAP is in my pocket to blindly change tracks and volume. Its all about muscle memory and I am still learning about the software so it is early days yet.

Long before the X10 arrived I had gone through the X3 thread and I read of the software issues people were having. I expected the worst turning on the X10, to my surprise what I found was an absolutely monster of a DAP that ran without making too much of a fuss. I am sure people will run into bugs as more and more people use it, but by and large I have had a smooth user experience. 

My microSD card was not organized and my ID3 tags are a mess so that's on me, but using folder view makes it easy to get around. The software is prime time ready in my opinion, and surely it will only get better with future updates.

If it is not abundantly clear by now, I love the X10 and I am quite impressed by it. It does a lot of well right out of the box, and it has left me speechless on more than a few occasions. It is remarkable what this little beauty can do.

I am glad I went on a recent binge buying high res music online, because they sound just heavenly on this device. The X10 has a detailed yet musical sound, bringing forward background elements that I didn't even know was there. Yes, things I haven't picked up on my FiiO X7 with the various amp modules. I have been holding back gushing about how great I think the X10 is, but I will say that the line out is so impressive I haven't felt the need to reach for my FiiO X7. 

Listening to the same tracks on both the X7 (stock music player) and X10 (these chinese companies need to come up with better names -_-), I find myself enjoying the X10 more, listening with my precious Havi B3 Pro 1. 

So you might be thinking, RedJohn456 you sexy beast what about the headphone out? Well I am glad to you asked! To my non-plebian ears, the headphone out sounds a tiny bit more closed in RELATIVELY speaking but at the same more engaging, more forward. In fact, I can see many people preferring the Headphone out SQ to the Line out, they are BOTH exceptional sounding. Great separation, layering and positioning of instruments, all of which is highlighted on complex orchestral tracks. Very easy to follow along individual elements and all this is done without sounding cold or clinical. The distinct elements are all highlighted on a pitch black background, making for a very realistic and life life rendition of your favorite tracks.

In comparison ,the Line out sound quality sounds a bit more airy up top and paired with an exceptional portable amp such as the FiiO A5, it makes for an amazing portable package that is sure to leave you scratching your heard wondering how something small sounds so darn good!

I am gonna call it right now xDuoo X10 + FiiO A5 = one of the best portable setups for the price - with respect to SQ. 

Now its still early days yet, and as with any other DAP I am sure I will run into more findings, both good and bad. I will post a more in-depth look at the software and features in the upcoming review. But if there is a demand for it, I can do a standalone feature for it and not wait for the review. As always YMMV and we all have different preferences when it comes to music, headphones etc, so keep that in perspective when reading any impressions/reviews, not just mine. 

Happy Listening! 
L3000.gif

​
xDuoo X10 + FiiO A5 
Silent, deadly and powerfully potent!

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #3,905 of 33,689
True. MaGaosi, which remind you, he's not my friend.....I just write reviews for his products. He sent me the MaGaosi M3's instead, which I wrote a review in conjunction with the SENDIY M1221's review. He did not want to send me the K1's and did mention he might have technical problems with them. Have no other idea why he mentioned that. But, in the end, I would of have liked to have compared the K1 and the M1221.

ok......It wld've been interesting and convincing if there were some triple hybrids like pmv,K1,A4,moni etc compared against M1221, than just M3,imo. And that "technical problems" reason of his,explains why he didnt send the K1. So looks like/may be they have the same drivers setup just like the shells.:rolleyes:

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #3,906 of 33,689
@RedJohn456 Really nice first impressions that you got there.
I agree with you, X10+A5 might be one of the best stuff to get for Christmas this year... But gosh I need to sell my X3+E12A first... 
ph34r.gif

Dec 6, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #3,907 of 33,689
It would be an interesting comparison because I am finding that the K1 beats out the 4in1 in much the same way as you describe the M1221.

K1 beating 4-in-1 is no surprise but a race between K1 & M1221 is indeed interesting to see.......M1221's times 3 price of K1 is way too high to make a purchase decision on top of the myth what these have under their hoods.

Dec 6, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #3,909 of 33,689
Is there any place where i can buy BA sparepart..?

Yes. You can even buy a full diy kit, drivers, shell, cable and glue.

Free Shipping 2pcs Knowles ED-30761 IEM Moving Iron Unit Balanced Armature Driver Speaker Earphone Receiver
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32687339036/32687339036.html
(from AliExpress Android)

Dec 6, 2016 at 4:58 PM Post #3,911 of 33,689
Cellos are very very good. For thin nozzle issues, I just wrap some scotch tape around them once or twice and carefully trim the end of = problem solved!

The Cellos remind me of TK 13 but with a touch less warmth in that the separation and detail is extraordinary.
As with most of my IEM's these days [for whatever reason] i use the KZ foam tips. Superb :) 

Just tried a bit more tip rolling with the Cellos after losing my A2S tips in my ears a few times and found the tips from the XE800 are a perfect fit as they also have narrow nozzles.

Perfect seal for me and sound fantastic.

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #3,913 of 33,689
Just looked over my list of Headphones, and realized that before the end of August (2016), I had a total of 4 Headphones / Earphones:
1.) Earphones - Panasonic EAH-Z31 (bought with 1988 CD Walkman)
2.) Headphones - Beyerdynamic DT-831 (bought in 2001-2002)
3.) Earphones - Samsung EHS44 (came with 2011 Galaxy Tablet)
4.) Earphones - Roku Premium (came with Roku 4 Video Streamer)

Now the list has 24 entries!!! 
ksc75smile.gif

So I've determined that I need to pause from purchasing for a bit, and get familiar with & review my 20 new earphones.

Is "Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors" the correct Sub-Forum to post Reviews / Comparisons?

Thanks,
David Baldock

Dec 6, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #3,914 of 33,689
Hey guys, still up for sale. Willing to part with just the HA2 for the right price

827343/fiio-x3ii-plus-oppo-ha2-combo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back