Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 20, 2016 at 11:57 PM Post #3,275 of 33,689
  Thanks i've considered it but reviews mention the trebles to be lacking. Currently slowly looking for a suitable replacement for my Mi pros. Yamaha eph-100 would be great but unfortunately can no longer get them affordably.

yamaha is a japanese company though
They USUALLY dont go super high end so you should never compare them to those. Now if you compare them to hp of their proce range they are usually better sounding sometimes they can be better than hp/iems which are severely more expensive.

this makes sense. So kind of like their smartphoen business isn't exactly the top of the line but they make good devices for good value like the oneplus3. what would you say are the top chinese brands right now and can they compete with sennheiser and akg?

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #3,278 of 33,689
  Hi, since there are endless amounts of good chinese iems, what would you recommend that's warm, full bodied with vocal emphasis? Worn straight for around 50$. Currently using the Mi hybrids which has too much bass imho.

Im using the LZ-A2s which is pretty smooth and warm. i wont say theres vocal emphasis. you may want to specify emphasis in the highs or mids. The LZ A2s is not prominent in any areas but i would say soundstage is decent and that it is non-fatiguing. Its my favourite so far, ive the shozy zeros and i find the sound on the same level, not much of a big jump with the LZ A2s hybrids. The Shozy is more comfortable and lighter though. 

Nov 21, 2016 at 1:58 AM Post #3,279 of 33,689
Im using the LZ-A2s which is pretty smooth and warm. i wont say theres vocal emphasis. you may want to specify emphasis in the highs or mids. The LZ A2s is not prominent in any areas but i would say soundstage is decent and that it is non-fatiguing. Its my favourite so far, ive the shozy zeros and i find the sound on the same level, not much of a big jump with the LZ A2s hybrids. The Shozy is more comfortable and lighter though. 

Agree with A2S although the Tennmak Crazy Cello's with the biflange tips from the A2S outperform them IMO and are way past the Mi Pros.

My favourite Chinese IEM so far. I haven't listened to any my others in 2+ weeks I've had them.

http://s.aliexpress.com/eq2yUjIN

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #3,280 of 33,689
How would u compare your cellos with ur 4in1 in terms of clarity, bass, 3d imaging and seperation, soundstage and overall. Is it an upgrade over it by big margin.

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #3,281 of 33,689
How would u compare your cellos with ur 4in1 in terms of clarity, bass, 3d imaging and seperation, soundstage and overall. Is it an upgrade over it by big margin.

After burn in and with the biflange tips yes in all of those areas. They are less bright than the 4in1s but the highs are definitely not rolled off. Bass digs deeper than the them and is more controlled. There was a bump in the mid bass initially, but it has disappeared now. The sub bass is excellent too and you can really feel it. Soundstage is similar and has really opened up.

Clarity is superb and I can hear things with them that I've never noticed before.

Everything sounds very natural to me and I don't find them harsh at all.

I'm really keen to hear others opinions on them to check im not a solo passenger on a hype train!

Nov 21, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #3,282 of 33,689
Hi everyone,
I was looking for a pair of decent, balanced sounding, especially with good sound staging and separation. Basically, It should be overall better than my current Panasonic RP-HJE120. Being an user of apple and some random unbranded earbuds for a long time, Panasonic RP-HJE120 blew me away with its bass intensity. But as some reviewer saying, it lacks in clarity and natural sounding. Hence, my quest for an upgrade (or just a excellent spare pairs in case my Panasonic RP-HJE120 break).
I'm currently interesting in these candidates:
Rock Zircon
KZ ZS3
Xiaomi Piston 3 
Tennmak Pro
Another priority for me that I want my next earbuds to meet is durability. I've read reviews of the above earphones, but not many mention about their endurance. I'm expecting to use the pairs for my laptop (meaning I won't be tossing around). So would those last me for around 1-2 years? I always keep my volume at around 10-30% on my laptop. So would it be safe to assumed that if the earphones were going to die, the issue would lay on cable failure, rather than cable failure? As a result, would detachable-cable earphones last longer than non-detachable-cable earphones because I can just buy a new cord and be good to go?
Finally and most importantly, my budget is limited to around $25.
Feel free to recommend your earphones as I'm open for suggestions.
Thank you a lot for reading.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #3,283 of 33,689

I'm looking for basically forward sounding iems. I do not know if it means the trebles or midrange but i imagine Grado's over Senns.

Nov 21, 2016 at 3:58 AM Post #3,285 of 33,689
  I'm looking for basically forward sounding iems. I do not know if it means the trebles or midrange but i imagine Grado's over Senns.

My experience with Grado's tell me that you are looking for that wide soundstage too. i think you might be looking at mid-centric earphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back