Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 7, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #2,506 of 33,689
You just ticked off the entire list of what the TK 13 has that is superior to the 4 in 1 minus the exagerated treble extension of the ****. > Sub bass extension and definition of low frequecies, better Mids especially around the Vocal range, great clarity in the High end without sibilance and spikes, large soundstage with good layering and positioning, Great depth and height as well. Massive overall presentation, with very few flaws. A little on the large size but fit better. This may be a personal preference though.
They are not particularly finicky about source material and are fairly easy to drive as welll.

It's not until you A/B the **** eith other Iems that you find out their limitations, and their strengths. They have very good isolation and are easy to drive along with a great build quality.
:grinning::grinning: TWIN
It would be very interesting to compare the TK13 with the new ibasso it03, since both are 1dd+2ba, and it03 has been praised for it's amazing bass.

Nov 7, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #2,507 of 33,689
Well, I've been listening to the new SENDIY M1221 and I gotta' say....by far the best sport-type 3-way hybrid I've ever listened to!

My 4in1's are going to have to take a step back 'cause these do it all so far!

Silver BASS nozzle:
Slight V sound signature is "on par" with my 4in1's details, BUT smoother and less aggressive! Midrange takes a front seat! Wow!

Gray BALANCED nozzle:
Incredible balance! You don't miss anything.....None else to say!

Black TREBLE nozzle:
For those that love the Campfire Audio Jupitor's treble factor, well? Watch out! These are a fraction of the cost!

SOUNDSTAGE:
Bigger and wider and just surreal!!! No kidding!

In short, they just blew everything I had away!....all others in my list are now just playing catch-up!

These are just my short impression of 20 hours of burning by far and will do a full review after 100 hours by next week.
wink.gif

NOTE: Not to be confused with Magaosi K1, which carries Chinese inner parts by a famous Chinese maker. The inner works for the SENDIY M1221 are in conjunction with Taiwanese inner working parts, according to SENDIY. And, they do not sound anything as described on the K1's, which I read so far.

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #2,508 of 33,689

NOTE: Not to be confused with Magaosi K1, which carries Chinese inner parts by a famous Chinese maker. The inner works for the SENDIY M1221 are in conjunction with Taiwanese inner working parts, according to SENDIY. And, they do not sound anything as described on the K1's, which I read so far.

Do you mean Sendiy and Magaosi carries different drivers and tuning but shared a similar shells and actually Sendiy is better than Magaosi in every frequency range,  right,?  
how about the build quality of Sendiy iem compared to Magaosi ,??? 

Nov 7, 2016 at 7:40 AM Post #2,509 of 33,689
  Do you mean Sendiy and Magaosi carries different drivers and tuning but shared a similar shells and actually Sendiy is better than Magaosi in every frequency range,  right,?  
how about the build quality of Sendiy iem compared to Magaosi ,??? 

Not sure if Sendiy is better , but if you like above sound signature you can consider it.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #2,511 of 33,689
Guys, anyone knows a type of silver plated mmcx cable that could help me clear a bit the mids and treble of an iem?

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #2,513 of 33,689
Hi guys. I had Hifiman Re400 earphones (and player) and really wasn't feeling it. It was dull and lifeless to me. Precise and clear, yes, but lifeless :frowning2:

Now I am in the market for something new, to get during 11.11? What are the trending models (168 pages = a lot of confusion). I mostly listen to electronic (progressive house, chillstep, vocal trance), but also don't shy from Post Rock (ambient) and even music from the likes of Ben Howard (that I guess is "folk", ?).

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #2,514 of 33,689

For one thing, hearing is a mental phenominon - bones, hairs and so forth have no power to 'hear' as they are only physical components [neccesary causes and conditions of hearing but not the actual expereince of hearing]
My point being you can improve the capacity of your hearing in the same way you can improve your concentration so although there is a >physical< measurement that we know of there is far more going on than meets the eye!  

But anyway :) Just because its commonly thought that people cannot hear above 20khz does not mean the frequencies don't play their part in the over all expereince of hearing
I don't particularly trust that assertion in general - what scientists can actually measure is a tiny part of a whole expereince - For example, in terms of my 1st point, how do you measure mind? 
Also In terms of working with audio I do find that earphones that have such frequency responses are very helpful in hearing both gross and more subtle mistakes
Anyway, its for these reasons Im curious  :D 

ksc75smile.gif
Should work for me then. I've been called Mental.....

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
TWIN

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #2,515 of 33,689
  Well, I've been listening to the new SENDIY M1221 and I gotta' say....by far the best sport-type 3-way hybrid I've ever listened to!

Silver BASS nozzle:
Slight V sound signature is "on par" with my 4in1's details, BUT smoother and less aggressive! Midrange takes a front seat! Wow!

Gray BALANCED nozzle:

Black TREBLE nozzle:
For those that love the Campfire Audio Jupitor's treble factor, well? Watch out! These are a fraction of the cost!

SOUNDSTAGE:

In short, they just blew everything I had away!....all others in my list are now just playing catch-up!

These are just my short impression of 20 hours of burning by far and will do a full review after 100 hours by next week.
wink.gif

cool.gif
Clearhead, They SHOULD sound better Than the K1 they are 3X the cost!!!! I can only find them at the Sendiy Store on aliexpress for $298.00 USD....

eek.gif
eek.gif
TWIN

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,516 of 33,689

Silver BASS nozzle:

Gray BALANCED nozzle:

Black TREBLE nozzle:

SOUNDSTAGE:

wink.gif

Thanks for the wonderful preview/review.

As a newcomer I see something interesting in this forum, which is not a problem for me AT ALL, but I find it a bit strange.

Most of the people do compare headphones from extremely different price ranges e.g. that sendiy and the 4in1. I understand that in certain cases, some of the $200+ pairs of headphones fail to deliver soundwise and can be compared to those that are a lot cheaper. But in most of the cases it's the opposite.

That's only my opinion of course, and I surely value your work. And I know it's hard to have 5 x sub $50 pairs of different hybrids, that you can compare between each other.

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #2,517 of 33,689
Any cheap DAC or AMP to recommend ?

I found this amp ,price quite reasonable 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Stereo-Audio-amplifier-amplificador-Built-in-power-Portable-Headphone-Amplifier-earphone-Amp-mini-Preamps-For-3/2054902789.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000013.4.tTJwXj&scm=1007.13339.33317.0&pvid=939b2946-ecfb-413a-b4a2-aa889bcace88&tpp=1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Takstar-Pro-80-pro80-HI-FI-Headset-Pro-80-Monitor-Headphones-Audio-DJ-Dedicated-Earphone-Stereo/2003578990.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.24.tTJwXj&scm=1007.13338.60375.000000000000000&pvid=d5f37c67-3076-4831-b3a2-d29905f50d04&tpp=1

what you all think about it ?

Nov 7, 2016 at 10:58 AM Post #2,518 of 33,689
Nov 7, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #2,520 of 33,689
In case anybody is looking for a new DAC amp within the US

http://www.head-fi.org/t/825162/ibasso-d14-dac-amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back