Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 18, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,756 of 33,689
I've been skimming the thread now and then, but I can't seem to find many posts about headphones(not earphones/IEMs), that might be just because I have bad timing or something else, I dunno. I'm just wondering if you guys know any good chinese headphones on Aliexpress or the like in the range from 0$ to 50$? I've been really impressed by my KZ-ATEs and so I'm looking for a set of headphones to be an upgrade or at least an alternative to set of my Creative Aurvana Live.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/822184/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:51 AM Post #1,757 of 33,689
poor guy got "Chink'd" (4chan's /g/ terminology)

You do realize that Chink is a derogatory name for Chinese people, right?

Oct 18, 2016 at 10:54 AM Post #1,758 of 33,689
can you compare this magaosi k1 with pmv mk2 it have similar 1dd+2ba

The MK2 is fuller, richer and with better timbre and 3D presentation. It's also more coherent sounding and relaxing imo. The K1 has much more emphasis on the higher mids/lower treble making it more upfront and brighter, sometimes even borderline shouty for me. They're also more airy sounding due to being brighter. Sub bass quality and quantity is fairly similar to me while the MK2 has more mid bass presence making it fuller and warmer. Details and clarity are great on both.

These are quite different from each other so ymmw is certainly going to be true, personally I prefer the MK2.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #1,760 of 33,689
The MK2 is fuller, richer and with better timbre and 3D presentation. It's also more coherent sounding and relaxing imo. The K1 has much more emphasis on the higher mids/lower treble making it more upfront and brighter, sometimes even borderline shouty for me. They're also more airy sounding due to being brighter. Sub bass quality and quantity is fairly similar to me while the MK2 has more mid bass presence making it fuller and warmer. Details and clarity are great on both.

These are quite different from each other so ymmw is certainly going to be true, personally I prefer the MK2.
Agree with K1 having more emphasis to upper mid / lower treble. So how do you find the K1 overall? Which filter were you on? Hope to hear more of your impressions

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #1,761 of 33,689
Agree with K1 having more emphasis to upper mid / lower treble. So how do you find the K1 overall? Which filter were you on? Hope to hear more of your impressions

So far I think they're OK but like I said I prefer the PMVs for sub $100 hybrids. The K1 tend to be a bit fatiguing for me when I use them for longer sessions. I'm using the gunmetal filters.

My is a review sample so a full review should be up in a couple of weeks.

Oct 18, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #1,762 of 33,689
So far I think they're OK but like I said I prefer the PMVs for sub $100 hybrids. The K1 tend to be a bit fatiguing for me when I use them for longer sessions. I'm using the gunmetal filters.

My is a review sample so a full review should be up in a couple of weeks.
Great! It will be a valuable input for me as a reference. Seems i'm the only one enjoying it with black filter thus far as other 2 impressions find it great on silver.

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #1,763 of 33,689
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Lasmex-C45-C-45-40mm-HiFi-Music-DJ-Studio-Monitor-Stereo-Headphones-Fone-De-Ouvido-Earphones/830146_32740415502.html Looks cool
rolleyes.gif
 Anyone knows something about it?

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:54 PM Post #1,765 of 33,689
Oct 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #1,766 of 33,689
ZhiYin is not a recommended brand

Ya never know they might strike gold at some point. I'm not ready to write them off just yet but I also won't be buying anything from them again unless I head some good impressions first.

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #1,767 of 33,689
can you compare this magaosi k1 with pmv mk2 it have similar 1dd+2ba

By better 3D presentation You also mean MK2 has larger soundstage and better layering? Or "more airy sounding" means K1 has larger soundstage and better separation/layering between instruments? 

I know You are more into mid-bass than I am, so regarding that, I`m better off with K1?

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #1,768 of 33,689
Ya never know they might strike gold at some point. I'm not ready to write them off just yet but I also won't be buying anything from them again unless I head some good impressions first.

Very true... Who will bite the bullet though?

Oct 18, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #1,769 of 33,689
By better 3D presentation You also mean MK2 has larger soundstage and better layering? Or "more airy sounding" means K1 has larger soundstage and better separation/layering between instruments? 

I know You are more into mid-bass than I am, so regarding that, I`m better off with K1?

The K1 is pretty two dimensional and lack some depth imo. By more airy I mean that as the opposite of full and lush. The MK2 is certainly not a bassy iem and the quality of the bass is probably the best I've heard in a sub $100 offering.

Without having A/B them I can't help thinking about the Simgot EN700 when listening to K1 so they remind quite a bit of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back