Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 22, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #9,601 of 33,689
I see that Urbanfun's are now sold in two "types": beryllium or hybrid... Anyone knows the difference?

Jun 22, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #9,602 of 33,689
Hi guys,
just received a small package containing a Songful S1.
I got to say, I'm very pleased with this 3$ random purchase (Gearsbest, other dealers might charge more)
I'd describe it as a V-shape with a bit recessed mids, a light peak in the lower treble regions and not overly accentuated but still powerfull bass. Pretty fast bass I've got to say. Claritywise they've got it easy to compete with my KZs.
The most obvious downside: Those don't like to play at low volumes, quite a bummer.

Comfortwise they are really good fit for my ears, though I had to switch tips to get a decent seal.
Builtquality is ok-ish once again. The cable is coated in rubber and seems to need a while to be straightend. The plug is angled 45°, quite uncommon.
One worthy addition to my library. :grin:

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #9,604 of 33,689
-315936558.jpg
Some interesting find on Taobao. From YINJW which has been quiet for long. A 3 dynamic driver with crossover.. for 99RMB without mic, seems interesting

http://c.b1yt.com/h.QKVXhf?cv=MyJGZy2zSRc&sm=c691d9

Jun 22, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #9,605 of 33,689
What should I choose?
KZ ZS5, VJJB N1, or Tennmak Pro?
I like mics and detachable cables, under $30 USD.
I also like a slight bass thump (V signature?), and currently have a pair of KZ ZS3.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #9,607 of 33,689
The N1 are crap, the Pro have too much mid-bass.
ZS5s it is. (Actually, might want to wait until more people have received theirs and the prices go down.)

Jun 22, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #9,610 of 33,689
Some interesting find on Taobao. From YINJW which has been quiet for long. A 3 dynamic driver with crossover.. for 99RMB without mic, seems interesting

http://c.b1yt.com/h.QKVXhf?cv=MyJGZy2zSRc&sm=c691d9

Man that has possibilities.

I LOVE the fact that it can be worn down or up!

Although it reminds of a little too much of the same crappy 2 micro-drivers used in the VJJB V1 (of which they are also selling a version of).

Basically that P8 model looks like the VJJB N1 and the VJJB V1 got together and had a baby, and this was the result.

Are you going to order one and check it out?

Jun 22, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #9,613 of 33,689
Use the cable from the ZS3 it'll fit.

That's what I'm using and it works perfectly.

I want a mic and Gearbest doesn't offer one.

Don't wait for more impressions, get them using the code from gearbest, they're amazing for that price.

I literally listen to them at every opportunity!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #9,614 of 33,689
Jun 22, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #9,615 of 33,689
Been messing around with MEMT X5 last few hours. Jeez these things are VERY tip dependant for me. The ones that come with it make the mids too forward and it's an overly thick listen with muddy bass. Tried Spinfits which opens it up slightly and tightens up the bass but mids still bit too fwd for my liking. Then tried small INAIRS foams which work wonders with it. The sound is MUCH more open and it's as if someone blew air in to them, mids are a bit thinner but still smooth and bass is again tighter. Deep sub bass, but it's still slightly boomy but these are under £20. Vocals are nice. Fun and musical with decent soundstage.

Item itself is lovely,comes very nicely packaged. A lot of cable noise tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back