Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 1, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #8,661 of 33,689
May 1, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #8,662 of 33,689
The new update has made doing anything on mobile, other than reading, impossible. No liking posts, no quoting, no replying, nothing. I'm using Chrome on Android 7.0. I don't always have access to a PC and do the majority of my Head-Fi'ing on my phone. Perhaps the drop-off is due to other having similar issues.

May 1, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #8,664 of 33,689
The new update has made doing anything on mobile, other than reading, impossible. No liking posts, no quoting, no replying, nothing. I'm using Chrome on Android 7.0. I don't always have access to a PC and do the majority of my Head-Fi'ing on my phone. Perhaps the drop-off is due to other having similar issues.

Yes indeed. On mobile I basically can only read. Hard to believe they rolled out this change before working out such basic issues. Really dampens participation on a forum when you can't...um...particiapate.

May 1, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #8,665 of 33,689
Had them went straight in the bin, awful!

That's sort of how I'm feeling about the Seafh AWK009 I just received from Amazon today. Compared to the KZ ED9, they really don't sound very good. Also not as good as the Rock Zircons I got last week.

In order of my liking:
1. KZ ED9 (robust sound for IEMs while using wide filters)
2. Rock Zircon (clear sound, but weak bass)
3. Seafh AWK009 (harsh sound, exaggerated highs, weak bass)

BUT, I will be playing around with EQ settings for each pair in order to find a sweet spot.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #8,666 of 33,689
May 1, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #8,667 of 33,689
That's sort of how I'm feeling about the Seafh AWK009 I just received from Amazon today. Compared to the KZ ED9, they really don't sound very good. Also not as good as the Rock Zircons I got last week.

In order of my liking:
1. KZ ED9 (robust sound for IEMs while using wide filters)
2. Rock Zircon (clear sound, but weak bass)
3. Seafh AWK009 (harsh sound, exaggerated highs, weak bass)

BUT, I will be playing around with EQ settings for each pair in order to find a sweet spot.

From the impressions you've given I think you need to invest in some foam eartips or at least find some silicone ones that fit. Rock Zircon's are bassy, too bassy in my opinion. You're obviously not getting a seal in the ear.

It could be a similar issue with the Seahf, whilst they have a v.strong treble they aren't harsh. They are brighter than ED9 so maybe the ED9 is your limit in terms of brightness though.

Last edited:
May 1, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #8,670 of 33,689
The Zircon you say has a WEAK BASS???????

Something is VERY wrong. Try deep insertion and rotate them to the front or back of your head. The ZIRCONS are known for their Bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back