Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 24, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #7,201 of 33,689
I will skip hifiman IEMs due its short durability, I' will check IM50 and M4 for sure, specially the M4.
Thak you!
wink.gif

I'll read it! If I have a question Can I send you a PM?
That's the IEM and post I was looking for... and under $30
Thank you!
biggrin.gif

I want an IEM similar to xe800 and more bass is not a must, but less... I don't know. Thank you for the info!
wink.gif

I belived urbanfun was a warm earphone, I will check it
I really don't like a v-shaped or warm sound signature so... I think I'll skip these ones.
Thank you!

I wouldn't consider either the X5 or HLSX 808 as warm though you could say they're v-shaped. Both are a little thin in the midrange. The 808 has amazing resolution and detail but vocals are recessed.

Mar 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #7,203 of 33,689
That would be nice, but if you consider the volume taken up by a connector, there's no way that the X5 could remain so small, and have a removable cable.

I get that, but after my recent experience with my X5 shorting out at the mic connector at the very least I would prefer without a mic..Love the sound and took a risk on buying another at a discounted price via the seller only after opening a dispute. When all is said and done I will have spent 40 bucks on 3 pairs cuz my first pair was stolen by the post office...boy I must really like these..

Mar 24, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #7,204 of 33,689
I get that, but after my recent experience with my X5 shorting out at the mic connector at the very least I would prefer without a mic..Love the sound and took a risk on buying another at a discounted price via the seller only after opening a dispute. When all is said and done I will have spent 40 bucks on 3 pairs cuz my first pair was stolen by the post office...boy I must really like these..

Did first pair go missing due to the Post Office in China, or in your country?  (The first Shanling M1 DAP that I ordered, went missing in China.  Beteran HiFi Audio Store actually detected the problem, and contacted me to arrange shipping a replacement.  The case that was ordered along with the DAP, arrived on-time.)

Once you get a working set of X5, you'll have an opportunity to open & attempt a cable replacement of the current set. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #7,207 of 33,689
Mar 24, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #7,209 of 33,689
Did first pair go missing due to the Post Office in China, or in your country?  (The first Shanling M1 DAP that I ordered, went missing in China.  Beteran HiFi Audio Store actually detected the problem, and contacted me to arrange shipping a replacement.  The case that was ordered along with the DAP, arrived on-time.)

Once you get a working set of X5, you'll have an opportunity to open & attempt a cable replacement of the current set.  :bigsmile_face:

It was here in the US they went missing. They left a note in my mailbox that they attempted delivery which was a lie cuz I was home all day then when I went to PO to pick up they claimed it was delivered and signed for by my neighbor later that day...more lies...On the new one that came with the short the seller at first asked me to send it back but it would cost more than the earphones...after telling him that he ignored me and my msgs for three days do I filled a dispute...definitely not dealing with him/her anymore, in my book the ban is justified....Will attempt to repair shorted ones somehow..On a good note though loving my Hm7 that Clear suggested.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #7,210 of 33,689
I will skip hifiman IEMs due its short durability, I' will check IM50 and M4 for sure, specially the M4.
Thak you! :wink:
I'll read it! If I have a question Can I send you a PM?
That's the IEM and post I was looking for... and under $30
Thank you! :D
I want an IEM similar to xe800 and more bass is not a must, but less... I don't know. Thank you for the info! :wink:
I belived urbanfun was a warm earphone, I will check it
I really don't like a v-shaped or warm sound signature so... I think I'll skip these ones.
Thank you!

You can try Xiaomi pro hd 2+1 . Epic Wide sound stage , very clear highs

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:37 PM Post #7,211 of 33,689
Do you have the cheaper Zircon cousin ROCK Mula IEMs? After ordering 15 pairs of Chifi ear buds, I'd rather listen to these (most of the time)!

Maybe I'm not an earbud guy after all. :frowning2: $200.00 later...

PS: They'll be as cheap as $6.93 U.S. on Aliexpress's 7th Anniversary.

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #7,212 of 33,689
IMO, the X5 isn't "a little bit more bass" than the XE800. Sound signatures are pretty different.. XE800 is a lot brighter, cleaner, and comes nowhere near the bass levels of the X5 IMO. To me, the bass is overdone on the X5, and it makes them sound kind of veiled.. 

I agree that the XE800 is a different beast. They are bright and highly detailed. Not something the average joe liked. The memt x5 are imho excellent consumer iems. But they are indeed quite tip depended. I'm using the XE800 tips on the x5 and getting excellent results. Give it a try :wink:

Which would you say is better?

Personally I didn't like the hlsx 808s at all. I find the memt x5 leagues ahead of the 808s. However opinions about the 808s are mixed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back