Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Dec 23, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #4,471 of 33,689
I use my Zdac v2 to drive HD600 and M4 simultaniously. I used to use an OTL tube amplifier with Zdac to drive HD600. But Ddac's stock amplifier can drvie HD600 very well, only not enough soundstage.
Their sound signature is very very close. 600 has better imaging precision and separation. But amazingly, their soundstage is pretty similar from Zdac. M4 is totally out of head!
Zdac is great for M4. DAC X6 is too warm (Any phone sounds warm from it) and restricted soundstage. Seems M4 is picky of source!
So the good news is it's so cheap for such sound quality, the bad news is you might need several hundreds gears to get its full potential.

Dec 23, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #4,472 of 33,689
Where is the $27 sale? I know it has $30 sale. Clarity is similar to IE80. But it has no blow-up midbass. Bass quantity is much less than IE80. High is not as rolloff as IE80. It's a little bit harsh on Xduoo X3, but not on DAC X6 with my A6 amplifier. Imaging ability is similar to IE80 too. Soundstage depth seems better than width. Soundstage heigh falls in the level of IE80/800 and much better than those Chinese products, even Havi. These are initial impression. Needs burn-in and further comparison. But I'm very confident from the initial hearing.

Yeah I regret now how I missed this M4 despite ive had seen its SALE on BF.......crazy shopping spree may be. :frowning2: This one is serious in both bq and sq(fr). Top notch bq is what Im intrigued when they launched. Btw,they do have modular BT monitors too last I saw them in their KS campaign launch.

Nevertheless,the way I see it now,we will see some impressions from some here!:wink: as its popped now.

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #4,475 of 33,689
Only wireless if you want it to be. Removable cables, sir.

Oh, I see.
biggrin.gif
Yeah, will consider it.

Dec 24, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #4,478 of 33,689
7 reviews vs 23 reviews though :)

Well, RE400s are couple of years older to these.....so yeah, little long way to go. But that cld change in a month or two,IF some of the owners post their reviews alongside the seasoned and sample reviewers......just talkin abt the review count.:D

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #4,479 of 33,689
Bq or sq or both?.......:wink:

Build seems solid, they look pretty classy. The sound quality is good but treble is a bit bright/harsh out of my S7 Edge, from my Opus is way better. Will be mostly using with my Edge for the mic for phone calls though. Bass is emphasized but not boomy.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #4,480 of 33,689
Came across Eternal Melody. Seems very good.
https://www.emaudio.com.cn

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #4,481 of 33,689
Build seems solid, they look pretty classy. The sound quality is good but treble is a bit bright/harsh out of my S7 Edge, from my Opus is way better. Will be mostly using with my Edge for the mic for phone calls though. Bass is emphasized but not boomy.

Pretty much what I thought but I didn't have the issue with the treble though at least not from my iPhone/Aegis combo

Dec 24, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #4,482 of 33,689

Where is the $27 sale? I know it has $30 sale. Clarity is similar to IE80. But it has no blow-up midbass. Bass quantity is much less than IE80. High is not as rolloff as IE80. It's a little bit harsh on Xduoo X3, but not on DAC X6 with my A6 amplifier. Imaging ability is similar to IE80 too. Soundstage depth seems better than width. Soundstage heigh falls in the level of IE80/800 and much better than those Chinese products, even Havi. These are initial impression. Needs burn-in and further comparison. But I'm very confident from the initial hearing.

33% off on Cyber monday (the monday after Black Friday). But I chose to go with the Tennmak Pro. Not a bad choice though, but I think I will get the M4 next time it's on sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back