Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 13, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #33,092 of 33,689
Can someone rec some iems for me? I've been using the bl01eagle16 combo for a few months and love it, but am going to give my pair to a friend. I prefer the 01 over the 03 because the latter sounds a bit stale. Do I get another bl01, BQEYZZ KC2/**** **** or something else?
What is your price range?

What is your preference in sound signature, reference/neutral, or bass elevated, or treble elevated?

What sort of IEM fit or shape suits your ears?

Answers to these questions might help someone to make suggestions for you.

Mar 13, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #33,093 of 33,689
Can someone rec some iems for me? I've been using the bl01eagle16 combo for a few months and love it, but am going to give my pair to a friend. I prefer the 01 over the 03 because the latter sounds a bit stale. Do I get another bl01, BQEYZZ KC2/**** **** or something else?

Kbear KS1 has a similar tuning to BL01 and similar timbre to BL03. It is easier to drive and fits better. In the KBear thread I've been a bit negative about it but there is much to recommend it. Just a bit more midrange and it would be spot on. It's v shaped and I prefer w or neutral.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:12 AM Post #33,095 of 33,689
Between the BL-01 AKA "Banana"
BL01 banana.jpg

The "Go - No Go" fitment of the BL03
Blon fin1.jpg

I choose the TRN-TA1
(NiceHCK DarkJade cable)
TRN-TA1 wDarkJade.jpg

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:29 AM Post #33,096 of 33,689
What is your price range?

What is your preference in sound signature, reference/neutral, or bass elevated, or treble elevated?

What sort of IEM fit or shape suits your ears?

Answers to these questions might help someone to make suggestions for you.
Budget: Under $50 USD

Sound sig: I want something different from Blons, so something that emphasises more on vocals that aren't piercing at all (i hate kz zsn), and just enough bass for it to be balanced. I just started listening to Novo Amor and Bon Iver, and bass-heavy iems aren't cutting it.

Fit: OEM resin iems like the Paiaudio DR2/Hillaudio Altair R.A fit extremely well, but I get driver flex and they always crackle. The BL01 fits me well with wide bore tops such as the BGVP W01. I use L/XL tips (14mm diameter).

Source: Sony NW-A55 with Mrwalkman A50z mod playing mostly flac files.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:31 AM Post #33,097 of 33,689
Kbear KS1 has a similar tuning to BL01 and similar timbre to BL03. It is easier to drive and fits better. In the KBear thread I've been a bit negative about it but there is much to recommend it. Just a bit more midrange and it would be spot on. It's v shaped and I prefer w or neutral.
thanks for the rec! my friend's getting one so I'll try it when it arrives.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #33,098 of 33,689
thanks for the rec! my friend's getting one so I'll try it when it arrives.

Ah, you might find the KS a bit bass heavy. Left field suggestion and I know it's old now but what about the Tin T2? Very very neutral presentation, not as bass light as some seem to perceive it provided it is powered by something a bit more than a phone. I will warn you though that the bass can only ever be described as "enough". For me it's unique among my collection in that it's neutral but still DD so it doesn't have that grating timbre and mildly uncomfortable treble of a BA set.

Mar 13, 2021 at 5:59 AM Post #33,099 of 33,689
Ah, you might find the KS a bit bass heavy. Left field suggestion and I know it's old now but what about the Tin T2? Very very neutral presentation, not as bass light as some seem to perceive it provided it is powered by something a bit more than a phone. I will warn you though that the bass can only ever be described as "enough". For me it's unique among my collection in that it's neutral but still DD so it doesn't have that grating timbre and mildly uncomfortable treble of a BA set.
I used to love my T2, but it crackles like hell no matter what cables I plug into it. I just ordered a mmcx eagle cable (nicehck 16 core hpc) and I'm hoping that it won't crackle anymore. vocals were amazing on it though...

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #33,100 of 33,689
I used to love my T2, but it crackles like hell no matter what cables I plug into it. I just ordered a mmcx eagle cable (nicehck 16 core hpc) and I'm hoping that it won't crackle anymore. vocals were amazing on it though...

You can find tutorials on how to tighten/loosen mmcx connectors on YouTube and the like. Maybe (hopefully) it's nothing more than a slightly loose connection. A combination of the T2 and then something a bit heavier when you want to rock is a seriously compelling one. If I had to sell all my IEMs but 3 I'd keep BL05S, Tin T2 and Tin P1.

Mar 13, 2021 at 6:15 AM Post #33,101 of 33,689

Sound sig: I want something different from Blons, so something that emphasises more on vocals that aren't piercing at all (i hate kz zsn), and just enough bass for it to be balanced. I just started listening to Novo Amor and Bon Iver, and bass-heavy iems aren't cutting it.

Fit: OEM resin iems like the Paiaudio DR2/Hillaudio Altair R.A fit extremely well, but I get driver flex and they always crackle. The BL01 fits me well with wide bore tops such as the BGVP W01. I use L/XL tips (14mm diameter).

Your budget is generous enough to get a few options.

On the sound signature preference, I think it may be worth waiting to try your friend's KBEAR KS1, as the mid-bass is quite prominent, but others might have a more settled set of KS1, mine are yet to settle. Although, I have to say I am quite pleased with the KS1 so far.

Again bearing in mind your preference, if you like single dynamic drivers, the KZ DQ6 sounds like a great option and given the price of both, you can get the KS1 and the DQ6 within your budget. I do not have personal experience of the DQ6, as mine have (according to AliExpress) been, "accepted by the airline" for more than a week.

However, my one other recommendation seems to me to be ideal for the your tastes, preferences and should be a good fit in all respects, except one, budget, that is the MT300. Prices vary widely but with EST, BA and DD drivers, bass is great quality but not excessive, mids are lush and the treble precise. Only issue is price, but you get a lot for your money.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #33,102 of 33,689
I've just done some tip rolling on my increasingly well settled KS1, using the NICEHCK Sony Hybrid copies. Suddenly the mid recession is gone and these things sound totally different.

Mar 13, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #33,103 of 33,689
I've just done some tip rolling on my increasingly well settled KS1, using the NICEHCK Sony Hybrid copies. Suddenly the mid recession is gone and these things sound totally different.
In my case, I'm running them all stock. Don't find the midrange recessed as it's placed just right, for me. KZ DQ6 have more recessed midrange and vocals. Bass is visceral on these which may be a pro or con depending on the listener's preference. Timbre is majestic.

It's crazy how good these sound (even with the average technicalities) and at what price they go for, especially when you're living in SEA and have access to Shopee.

Mar 13, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #33,104 of 33,689

U can read about the HZSound Heart Mirror - neutralish bright set, excellent technicalities and transients for a single DD set. I daresay this set has the best timbral accuracy for vocals and acoustic instruments in a sub $100 set I've heard. It needs amping though, sounds meh from a lower powered source. Soundstage also isn't the biggest, but what I really like about this set is that it manages to bring a forward vocals to the mix, without jumping into shouty territory, a very hard line to balance. Vocal lovers will have a field day with this set. Accessories are excellent, fit is nice and shells are beautiful.

cEgwSgk.jpg

Mar 13, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #33,105 of 33,689

I would suggest KZ DQ6, dynamic sound, good bass but not too much and vocal is very clear. Would like to mention wide soundstage and cheap, during sales you might get it less than $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back