Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #32,626 of 33,689
Plus Drop will throw in really long wait times too! For free!

Well based on my location Drop generally gets to me a month before anything packet from AliEx :wink: IMO the A7 can hold it's own with many $350-$500 iem's all day long, of course I still feel the A4 is still knocking on the A7's back door and if it had a shape and fit like the A7 it would be a very thin line between the two. Of course LZ can flat out tune an iem and that goes for all LZ's from the z04/5a's, 5's,6's/6 Mini and now the A7's (I think he was still trying to hit his mark) on the A5's and went back to a similar shell design with the A7 and nailed it. He even stepped up the A7's I believe with member inputs on some other filters that compliment them well. (I believe BGVP filters strike again):thinking::thinking:

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #32,627 of 33,689
of course I still feel the A4 is still knocking on the A7's back door and if it had a shape and fit like the A7 it would be a very thin line between the two.

Hi, could you share your take on the A4 please? Haven't heard much about them. What brings them in line with the A7 in your opinion, and is fit the only area where it's lacking?

Nov 28, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #32,629 of 33,689
Hi, could you share your take on the A4 please? Haven't heard much about them. What brings them in line with the A7 in your opinion, and is fit the only area where it's lacking?

Actually if you can get a good fit with the A4 then you really have more options via filters to tweak them and find your sweat spot. With that said the A7 is so well tuned it does not require the number of filter options as the A4. I prefer my A4 to my FLC8’s, way more filters options yet none are as sweet as the combinations in the A4.

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #32,630 of 33,689
Actually if you can get a good fit with the A4 then you really have more options via filters to tweak them and find your sweat spot. With that said the A7 is so well tuned it does not require the number of filter options as the A4. I prefer my A4 to my FLC8’s, way more filters options yet none are as sweet as the combinations in the A4.

I agree. Although I don’t own the A7, the A4 is the bees knees :)

Nov 29, 2020 at 12:43 AM Post #32,631 of 33,689
Lots of people talking up the LZ A7, for a long time now.

How is the fit compared to the A6?

I have the A6 Mini, and have fit issues. It prevented me from buying the A6, which is said to use the same housing. I haven't really been considering the A7, because I don't know how it fits compared with the A6.

Nov 29, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #32,632 of 33,689
Lots of people talking up the LZ A7, for a long time now.

How is the fit compared to the A6?

I have the A6 Mini, and have fit issues. It prevented me from buying the A6, which is said to use the same housing. I haven't really been considering the A7, because I don't know how it fits compared with the A6.

The A7 is nothing like the A6/A6 Mini shell wise, neither is the A4 but the A4 would be closer in shell size but not fit. I compare the A7 shell and fit with the Mee P1. In my opinion LZ finally managed to put the best of the A4/5 and 6 into an ergonomic shell and retain that unmistakable LZ sound. I feel it worthy the asking price and his best effort to date. Of course as I always say “we all hear them differently” and YMMV but it’s a worthy contender in any collection :beerchug:

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #32,633 of 33,689
Thanks for the useful information. Maybe I shouldn't have overlooked the A7 based on fit concerns.

I'm a big fan of the CNT-1, but the A6 Mini wasn't a success for me. If the A7 is that good, maybe I should sell some IEMs and save up for an A7.

Nov 29, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #32,634 of 33,689
Thanks for the useful information. Maybe I shouldn't have overlooked the A7 based on fit concerns.

I'm a big fan of the CNT-1, but the A6 Mini wasn't a success for me. If the A7 is that good, maybe I should sell some IEMs and save up for an A7.

Not withstanding the moisture issue with the A6/Mini6 they are great iem’s for the price especially the Mini for $56 provided you have the ear cavities for them to get a good fit and solid seal.

Nov 29, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #32,635 of 33,689
Yes, that was the issue. It was difficult to get a seal with the A6 Mini. I had to tip-roll like crazy, battling eventually between CP100 and Final Audio E tips, IIRC.

I have it lying around now, with CP100 tips and a nice copper cable [it should be using a SPC really]. The fit with cables has been very difficult, I'm reluctant to try more cable-rolling.

When it seals, I can get above-average sound with certain music genres. Strangely, it resembles the CCA CA16 when playing softer music, but is not identical. The A6 Mini can be impactful when it wants to be.

But it's been a lot of trouble compared with other IEMs, so I never went for the full A6. If the A7 has better fit, then I will have to actually consider it now.

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #32,636 of 33,689
I agree. Although I don’t own the A7, the A4 is the bees knees :)

I'm really enjoying the sound, and fit, of my new LZ A7 earphones.
However - I can confirm that the A7 Treble attenuating nozzles (the ones with filter material in them) have the same moisture absorption / sound-going-quiet issue, as the LZ A4 nozzles - when I'm doing long term listening (all night).

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #32,637 of 33,689
I'm really enjoying the sound, and fit, of my new LZ A7 earphones.
However - I can confirm that the A7 Treble attenuating nozzles (the ones with filter material in them) have the same moisture absorption / sound-going-quiet issue, as the LZ A4 nozzles - when I'm doing long term listening (all night).
I am not familiar with the issue, please explain which nozzles cause this issue, how it appears and what (if anything) one can do to correct the issue. My A7's arrive in several days and I would truly appreciate knowing what to anticipate and, hopefully, remediate. Thank you @DBaldock9!

Nov 29, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #32,638 of 33,689
I am not familiar with the issue, please explain which nozzles cause this issue, how it appears and what (if anything) one can do to correct the issue. My A7's arrive in several days and I would truly appreciate knowing what to anticipate and, hopefully, remediate. Thank you @DBaldock9!

I was using the Gold nozzles, and I suspect that the others which contain filter material, will have the same issue.
The issue is humidity, and keeping them as dry as possible, will mean that they shouldn't absorb enough moisture to go quiet.
Storing the earphones & nozzles in an airtight container, with some desiccant, would also be a good idea.
I am using the A7 in an indoors, air conditioned location, so I might just have "humid" ears. :thinking:

Nov 29, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #32,639 of 33,689
I, like most people here, have way to many IEMs, so I mostly treat them like shoes. I try to alternate different pairs every day, and not wear the same pair two days in a row. Allow them time to breath and dry off in between uses.

Nov 29, 2020 at 11:25 PM Post #32,640 of 33,689
I, like most people here, have way to many IEMs, so I mostly treat them like shoes. I try to alternate different pairs every day, and not wear the same pair two days in a row. Allow them time to breath and dry off in between uses.

Ed Zachery :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back