Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 28, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #32,311 of 33,689
Hi all, can anyone help me out with a comparison between the Tin T2+ and the NF Audio NM2+?

A bit of background: I listen almost exclusively to psytrance - bass heavy electronic music with lots of layers. This music really benefits from being played through sets with a tight and fast bass response, good instrument separation, and medium-wide soundstage. I first entered the world of chifi through the Blon bl-03s and then the T2+ soon after. When I first heard the T2+ in A/B against the Blon, I was disappointed by the "lower" bass impact, but impressed by the "greater clarity". It only took a few days before I couldn't go back to the Blon anymore. I now understand bass bloat and bleed...I think. My taste has shifted from bass quantity towards bass quality and speedy response. With the T2+, I've been able to discern far more detail in my favourite tracks, and now I'm hooked.

This brings me to the NM2+ which has been highly regarded as a neutral tuned set with excellent detail retrieval. That said, people are split on the bass response, saying it suits their personal preferences, but may not suit a basshead. Now I'm a bit unsure whether I'm a basshead but I know I won't enjoy music that's devoid of bass.

Could anyone who has owned/heard both iems please point me in the right direction? Maybe listen to the track below on your NM2+? This track has super phat ear-massaging bass, so I'd love to know how it comes through on the NM2+ :)

Oct 28, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #32,312 of 33,689
Hi all, can anyone help me out with a comparison between the Tin T2+ and the NF Audio NM2+?

A bit of background: I listen almost exclusively to psytrance - bass heavy electronic music with lots of layers. This music really benefits from being played through sets with a tight and fast bass response, good instrument separation, and medium-wide soundstage. I first entered the world of chifi through the Blon bl-03s and then the T2+ soon after. When I first heard the T2+ in A/B against the Blon, I was disappointed by the "lower" bass impact, but impressed by the "greater clarity". It only took a few days before I couldn't go back to the Blon anymore. I now understand bass bloat and bleed...I think. My taste has shifted from bass quantity towards bass quality and speedy response. With the T2+, I've been able to discern far more detail in my favourite tracks, and now I'm hooked.

This brings me to the NM2+ which has been highly regarded as a neutral tuned set with excellent detail retrieval. That said, people are split on the bass response, saying it suits their personal preferences, but may not suit a basshead. Now I'm a bit unsure whether I'm a basshead but I know I won't enjoy music that's devoid of bass.

Could anyone who has owned/heard both iems please point me in the right direction? Maybe listen to the track below on your NM2+? This track has super phat ear-massaging bass, so I'd love to know how it comes through on the NM2+ :)

The T2+ has more bass but the NM2+ bass is tighter and has better sub-bass extension to my ear.

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #32,313 of 33,689

I’ll have to try listening to that, but other considerations would include the FiiO FH3, the NF Audio NA2, and the ISN D02. Though I haven‘t heard it, perhaps the ISN H40 may actually be ideal for you. The NM2+ has very detailed bass, and more than I expected, but not quite as much as the T2+. It handles EQ well though. The FH3 and NA2 have a lot of great bass, but I don’t think the soundstage and imaging are approaching that of the NA2+ or D02. I think they’re better than the T2+ though.

Oct 28, 2020 at 8:59 PM Post #32,314 of 33,689
That track sounds great through the NM2+ with regards to imaging, soundstage, separation, and detail. The bass thumps, and there is a good amount of it, but it doesn‘t pressurize your head like a bass head IEM would. For more bass, the ISN D02 or H40 would be better.

Oct 28, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #32,315 of 33,689
I’ll have to try listening to that, but other considerations would include the FiiO FH3, the NF Audio NA2, and the ISN D02.
I think you would really like the FH3 for your use case @nangJuice.

Oct 28, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #32,316 of 33,689
@baskingshark A couple more for your master list:
Fearless Audio Tequila for $367
Fearless Audio S6Rui starting at $380
Fearless Audio S6Pro starting at $357
Fearless Audio S8Freedom starting at $449
Fearless Audio S8Pro starting at $449
Fearless Audio S8Z starting at $533
Fearless Audio Roland for $928
Fearless Audio LaHire for $560
Fearless Audio Lancelot for $1195

Sales on the rest of the Fearless line-up too.

Also:
Dunu DK-3001 Pro for $417
Dunu DK-4001 for $854

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #32,318 of 33,689
Hello everybody, I need advice. I got Moondrop Starfield recently and I don't like it very much. But it is good as a point of reference for next purchase. I would very much appreciate any recommendation based on my comments. I would like to add a few db in bass, also db or two in mid bass. I would hope for thicker mids and db or two drop in treble (maybe up to 3 db around 8k-10k region). That is based on a crude EQ I used.
Essentially I hope for thicker mids, less analytical sounding mids (less resolution is fine) and lower treble energy (lets say less cymbals). A bit more bass is good, but not essential, but I guess the upper bass could help thicken mids a bit. Prefered budget is up to 100$, but can stretch to 200 if needed.

I don't know ... maybe I am a bit of bass head, or treble sensitive.

Cheers
Final Audio E3000

Oct 29, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #32,319 of 33,689
That track sounds great through the NM2+ with regards to imaging, soundstage, separation, and detail. The bass thumps, and there is a good amount of it, but it doesn‘t pressurize your head like a bass head IEM would. For more bass, the ISN D02 or H40 would be better.
Amazing, thank you! Do you still have the FH3 that you could also listen to the track through?
I'm trying to understand what you're saying about the NM2+ bass compared with the FH3 - it's more detailed vs the FH3 which has more bass overall, is that right?
I'm starting to think that I may actually prefer more detailed bass rather than "fun and engaging" type of bass, which I think is what I've read the FH3 does well.

Oct 29, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #32,320 of 33,689
Thank you for your input.

KB Ear Tri i3,
What about some sibilance mentioned in a few reviews? There are also prominent peaks in 8k region on FR graphs?

The iBasso it00 is a direct sound upgrade
I have thought about these. These are lighter compared to Starfield - that is plus. This one also has peak in 8k region?

Final Audio E3000
This one is interesting. It looks light too. Can cable be somewhat repaired if damaged? I have replaced 2 cables for shure 215 in 4 years.

Oct 29, 2020 at 4:42 AM Post #32,321 of 33,689
Thank you for your input.

Tri i3
What about some sibilance mentioned in a few reviews? There are also prominent peaks in 8k region on FR graphs?

iBasso it00
I have thought about these. These are lighter compared to Starfield - that is plus. This one also has peak in 8k region?

Final Audio E3000
This one is interesting. It looks light too. Can cable be somewhat repaired if damaged? I have replaced 2 cables for shure 215 in 4 years.
Tri i3: I'm sensitive to peaks in the upper registers. The Tri i3 doesn't cause me any fatigue from being overly bright or being sibilant. But I do see that weight is another criteria for you. In which case the Tri i3 would be disqualified.

Oct 29, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #32,322 of 33,689
Tri i3: I'm sensitive to peaks in the upper registers. The Tri i3 doesn't cause me any fatigue from being overly bright or being sibilant. But I do see that weight is another criteria for you. In which case the Tri i3 would be disqualified.
Well, yes ... Starfield became tolerable after a week, but still seems heavy after a while. I much prefer Shure 215 for that matter. I guess it's 2 grams vs 9 grams (not sure about that). Can you use Tri i3 with mobile or tablet?

Oct 29, 2020 at 5:02 AM Post #32,324 of 33,689
Well, yes ... Starfield became tolerable after a week, but still seems heavy after a while. I much prefer Shure 215 for that matter. I guess it's 2 grams vs 9 grams (not sure about that). Can you use Tri i3 with mobile or tablet?
The Tri i3 requires power, so no. I use a portable BT DAC/Amp, either my Radsone ES100 or Qudelix-5K

Here's my initial review of the Tri i3: link
Compared to IMR RAH: link
With upgrade cable: link

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back