Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 15, 2020 at 4:23 AM Post #31,352 of 33,689
Guys getting the Spring II please try with wide bore tips if you’re having issues with congestion/veiling. That’s definitely the consensus view in the BQEYZ thread, though I guess it depends on what you’re comparing them to!

Looking forward to more impressions and graphs would be very interesting.

TYIA.
I'm using spiral dots++ atm

Jul 15, 2020 at 4:50 AM Post #31,353 of 33,689
Jul 15, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #31,354 of 33,689
Just ordered.
Will soon complete the Penon In Ear headphone line up...

1594810222567.png

ootb, impressive tuning for a 1 BA receiver!
Neutral w/ articulate mids & highs, wide staging.
it's burning in time...

Jul 15, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #31,355 of 33,689
My take on the Penon Sphere. Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2020-01-07_22-02-18.jpg

1594812697968.png

Very, very impressed! Penon's concept of neutral, but articulate treble.
plenty of air, fantastic percussion, string & most probably the defining Penon trademark - emotive voices.
Winner, winner!

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #31,359 of 33,689
Yeah, but more pinna gain i think
Can you measure the Blessing 2 and maybe put them side by side? I dont think the 3k area looks sharp for me and Im not sensitive to the 8k spot either so I should be fine with it...hopefully :joy:

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #31,360 of 33,689
Can you measure the Blessing 2 and maybe put them side by side? I dont think the 3k area looks sharp for me and Im not sensitive to the 8k spot either so I should be fine with it...hopefully :joy:
Spring 2 vs B2.png

Jul 15, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #31,362 of 33,689
graph.png

Looks quite similar to the spring 1.

the spring 1 original have that mesh cloth that made bass seems bloated, the crin spring 1 graph can tell you that. The spring 2 is in between Spring 1 original and mesh mod version in terms of proportioning bass and upper mids pinna gain.

i post on BQEYZ thread

Jul 17, 2020 at 4:39 AM Post #31,364 of 33,689
Up for review is the KB EAR KB04

The undyingly sweet and shiny Gun-Metal look!

WeChat Image_20200715143953.jpgWeChat Image_20200715143911.jpg

ABOUT KB EAR and KB EAR KB04:
KB is the abbreviation of American professional basketball player ‘Kobe Bryant’. The owner of the company decided to name his new in-ear earphone products after the famous basketball player and legend, Kobe Bryant. They started to sell their earphones in April 2019, and are quickly becoming a hot commodity and talk on their current models including the KB04, which has excellent quality bass response and considered to satisfy those individuals that love a bright and transparent signature. The metal body structure and its undyingly sweet and shiny gun-metal look makes any one do a “double-take” on the value it presents for such a low price. Who is capable of resisting such look? They are “hybrids”, driven by one 10mm dynamic driver per side for plenty of heavy bass and excitement giving your listening experience a sense of lower-bass weight while exceeding treble clarity on top with a nicely combined BA armature. Now, at first, it looked like they were following a trend of “copy-cat” earphones when compared to other companies like KZ and CCA, but lately they’ve since then shaded away from that trend making a statement when it comes to beauty and low price value. Though, the KB EAR earphone company did mention to me that they were not affiliated with any other company and that they’re an independent brand in itself. So, let me make the best of it and hope that they are independent and truthful to their word, since it surely looks like they are gaining a following with the KB EAR KB04, which I personally can see it pleasing many buyers for the looks and value it presents at such a low price scale to date.

WeChat Image_20200715143816.jpgWeChat Image_20200715143933.jpg

SOUND SIGNATURE:
The KB04 has a V-shape signature with a bright and technically clean sounding midrange and an emphasis on a bright lower treble with a surprisingly low natural sounding punchy and enhanced bass response.

WeChat Image_20200715144204.jpgWeChat Image_20200715144214.jpg

PACKAGE:
The package is very simple where you get a bag of small-medium-large silicone ear tips with a tie clip, one detachable black cable with 2-pin connectors, two left and right gun metal looking KB04 housing units with left “L” and right “R” indicators all in one nicely packed compact box.

AFTER 100 HOURS TEST:
After receiving and listening to the KB EAR KB04 I was nicely impressed with their easy going sound that came out of them straight out of the box. But, after burning them in for at least 100 hours, it was just clear and vividly tuned earphones! Though, it’s important to note that my review also consists of changing the default ear tips and replacing them with my personal choice of wide-bore ear tips for better comfort and openness, which are actually not the default tips, but an aftermarket brand I chose for best fit and sound even though for the majority of buyers the included ear tips will do just fine.

WeChat Image_20200715144228.jpg

SOUND:
BASS:
The bass is articulate, punchy, and can demonstrate good quality bass response especially in the sub-bass region where it counts providing such a natural sounding bass. In return, the KB04 relies on the quality and quantity of bass, which keeps the whole signature quite technically precise and clear, though having a V-shape signature throughout the whole range.

MIDRANGE:
The midrange has a sense of clean transparency that favors both male and female vocalist, while instruments come through just as clear giving a sense of realism and technicality enhanced clarity for many different categories of genres. So, definitely the vocals will come through sounding more bright, but not as forward as one might expect, though with a linear approach compared to today’s norm of brighter sounding IEM’s.

TREBLE:
Surprisingly, the treble is really vivid and open, while maintaining a cross-road of transparency between the midrange and lower treble creating a bright, but controlled signature with plenty of somewhat linear clarity. So, definitely it is not shy of being bright, to say the least, for those looking for lower to MID treble energy approach.

SOUNDSTAGE & RESOLUTION
I’ve always said that with most in-ear monitors, in general, a vital role in the whole signature is achieving an excellent all around soundstage plus good resolution. And, definitely the KB04 demonstrate better than average all around soundstage and resolution. In my opinion, imaging with raw details seems to be working in their favor when compared to others I personally own. So, since they have such a low price bracket, you gain the advantage of owning a good well-built and well-sounding earphone that are capable of outlasting many other standard plastic ones that could tend to lose its value and sound in time all together.

WeChat Image_20200715144248(4).jpg

COMPARISON:
BLON BL03 -vs- KB EAR KB04
Finally, here we have two IEM’s that will please many for its metal look, the BL03 producing timbre the way it should be done and the KB04 creating great imaging. But, some differences will actually set them apart from each other to show if the KB04 was able to belittle the underdog according to sound alone. Now, when it comes to sound, the BL03 has a clear organic signature that will take your breath away for such a low budget IEM that only carries dynamic drivers. They are actually one of the best budget IEM’s in its price range today. But, with all good things there are limitations on what it can provide for several hours of easy listening. They do tend to fall short of their ability to stay consistently smooth for several hours. You’ll start to get fatigued and the mid-bass can get overwhelming after just half an hour of personal listening to some. In the other hand, the KB04 tends to consistently stay just as bright, but with a raw lower treble signature that some may either favor or dislike according to one’s personal taste. And, though they are considered V-shaped by all standards, they seem to always pull through as a balanced signature providing a lower bass rumble that’s easier to handle to my ears than the slight mid-bass hump response that seems to tire me out from the BL03’s. But, all in all, it handles many genres well and personally it can be considered “a draw” with the BL03.

WeChat Image_20200715143919.jpg

PROS:
Superb natural sounding bass, vivid and clear sounding MID’s and highs, excellent build quality with a gun metal-like look.

CONS:
Bass lovers may find them a little too bright or harsh according to one’s own song choice or genre.

FINAL COMMENTS:
The KB EAR KB04 are a pleasure to have and can be viewed as a level of premium quality with an excellent gun metal housing and weight for such a low price, IMHO.

SPECIAL THANKS:
Lastly, I want to give a special thanks to Wendy from KB EAR for sending the KB04 in return for an honest review. My views on the sound signature may be different or beneficial to some, so please compare my review with others before making your own personal decision whether if this product is right for you, or not. Right now, the cost is currently around $26 US dollars, though price may vary elsewhere due to the country delivered, coupon offers, or shipment cost. Their official website is http://www.kb-ear.com/ and their other official store for sales can be found at https://www.aliexpress.com/store/5017064.

Hope this review can be of help towards your next purchase...

-Clear

Jul 17, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #31,365 of 33,689
I promised myself that after buying the LZ A6 (and previously the Shuoer Tape) that I would quit buying high-end IEMs, buuuuuut-

QhtQchz.png

giphy-downsized.gif

Got these at a decently discounted price (now they're $377 CAD), and with all the coupons from the last big summer sale, I got the price down even further.

I swear for real this time that this is going to be my ultimate end game. After reading Joker's review and other reviews on Drop, I finally realized that the T88K is the sound I want: a mid-centric signature with the most luscious, organic, sweet-sounding mids to ever grace my ears.

My experience with Toneking has been pleasant so far with the Nine Tail. Used to hate the Nine Tail but then after using the ED9 wide filters it drained most of the domineering bass and I was left with the most sweet-sounding mids I've ever heard. It's one of my most used IEMs now. If the Nine Tail's mids are already that impressive, then the T88K is literally orgasmic!

I thought the LZ A6 would be my end game for sure but turns out that I was wrong, the treble-centric sound signature just isn't for me (full review coming up later).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back