Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:00 PM Post #31,306 of 33,689
Jul 7, 2020 at 4:19 PM Post #31,307 of 33,689
Jul 7, 2020 at 6:12 PM Post #31,308 of 33,689
Jul 7, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #31,309 of 33,689
Tanchjim Hana review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tanchjim-hana.24449/reviews#item-review-23919

Grade B-.

Good SQ but the peaks are too much. I tried on the ibasso DX160 and also with Micropore tape mod. Nothing can help it.

So do you want to try another method?

Open the grill and put a cut of soft density sponge. They smoothen upper mids - low treble region. Did this with so many IEMs and sounded great, smoother than micropore tape but not as muffled. Depends on the needs.
Micropore tape is additional damper after sponge mods for me to tame 3khz if really needed

I learned this from many Sony earphones. Be it cheapo MH750, MH755 or go up until their flagships EX1000, my current fave IER M7. They always use sponge for their dampers on nozzle. I guess they tuned more aggressively then smoothen out with sponge.
Just remember using low density sponge that have lot of cavities, or else they will be muffle entire sound. Easier and cheap ones are "animal sponge" on 1 dollar shop or daiso in japan. They look like a capsule and they will pop up in hot water.
And secondly, dont cut too big, if you need to squeeze much to get them in, they are too big. Supposed to get inside nozzle effortless so they still have empty space even a little for air flow way.

Example of my latest IEM KZ Z1 that have edgy and boosted 2khz, 5khz, and 8 khz. Did try with micropore tape but still sounded harsh, but with this i can crank up on high volume (of course im using EQ to fine tuning the Z1 since they are very v shaped from the start)
Did these with Spring1 Mod, KZ IEMs, BL03 mods, etc

20200706_161421_HDR~2.jpg
20200706_161518~2.jpg

Ask me more if you need help / guidance

Edit : these are animal sponges

images (23).jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #31,310 of 33,689

Open the grill and put a cut of soft density sponge. They smoothen upper mids - low treble region. Did this with so many IEMs and sounded great, smoother than micropore tape but not as muffled. Depends on the needs.
Micropore tape is additional damper after sponge mods for me to tame 3khz if really needed

I learned this from many Sony earphones. Be it cheapo MH750, MH755 or go up until their flagships EX1000, my current fave IER M7. They always use sponge for their dampers on nozzle. I guess they tuned more aggressively then smoothen out with sponge.
Just remember using low density sponge that have lot of cavities, or else they will be muffle entire sound. Easier and cheap ones are "animal sponge" on 1 dollar shop or daiso in japan. They look like a capsule and they will pop up in hot water.
And secondly, dont cut too big, if you need to squeeze much to get them in, they are too big. Supposed to get inside nozzle effortless so they still have empty space even a little for air flow way.

Example of my latest IEM KZ Z1 that have edgy and boosted 2khz, 5khz, and 8 khz. Did try with micropore tape but still sounded harsh, but with this i can crank up on high volume (of course im using EQ to fine tuning the Z1 since they are very v shaped from the start)

20200706_161518~2.jpg

images (23).jpeg
This is what I did with my TRN BA5 after getting rid of the grille mesh that causes condensation issues, and it's worked great. I used some earbud foam material.

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:01 AM Post #31,311 of 33,689
This is what I did with my TRN BA5 after getting rid of the grille mesh that causes condensation issues, and it's worked great. I used some earbud foam material.
Maybe I should try this with a set of BL03s, to get rid of the mesh.

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:07 AM Post #31,312 of 33,689
Maybe I should try this with a set of BL03s, to get rid of the mesh.
If you are careful removing the original grille cover, it is fully reversible, so I think there is little risk in giving it a try. I am using my BL03 without any foam, just a new steel replacement cover without mesh. Sounds pretty good to me like that due to enhanced clarity, but misses some of the hazy analogue charm of the stock BL03 tuning.

Jul 8, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #31,313 of 33,689
Tanchjim Hana review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tanchjim-hana.24449/reviews#item-review-23919

Grade B-.

Good SQ but the peaks are too much. I tried on the ibasso DX160 and also with Micropore tape mod. Nothing can help it.

Thanks for your review bro. I was gonna pull the trigger on it but for your's and Crinacle's review and seeing the initial graphs. Dang, was hoping it would be a cheaper Oxygen.

47lf9t.jpg

Though I wonder if you are open to using EQ to tame the problematic spikes of the Hana a bit. (I know some purist audiophile friends who absolutely refuse to touch EQ though, but I remember u mentioning u EQ the Shuoer Tape?).

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #31,314 of 33,689

20200706_161518~2.jpg

images (23).jpeg
This is exactly what I did with my LZ A6 and T800 (putting foam in the eartip). It sounds super smooth without loosing quality of other frequencies.

Jul 8, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #31,315 of 33,689
Thanks for your review bro. I was gonna pull the trigger on it but for your's and Crinacle's review and seeing the initial graphs. Dang, was hoping it would be a cheaper Oxygen.

47lf9t.jpg3

I wonder if the notion of "western ears" or different preferences in sound signature also apply in the sense that there are Asian hype trains that don't reach US/EU.

Jul 8, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #31,316 of 33,689

47lf9t.jpg3

Though I wonder if you are open to using EQ to tame the problematic spikes of the Hana a bit. (I know some purist audiophile friends who absolutely refuse to touch EQ though, but I remember u mentioning u EQ the Shuoer Tape?).
Yes, I EQ the Shuoer Tape (with Oratory1990´s preset) because I find the driver in that one to be extremely good with a lot of potential (that was wasted with the stock tuning) and also seems to respond well to eq.

I guess I can try using Eq with the hana but that will have to do after I have went through most of my other iems with my new ibasso dx160. (I am writing short notes/comments about the difference from going from the Fiio M11 to the Ibasso DX160 with them).

Jul 8, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #31,317 of 33,689
CVJ's in da house! Have anyone else tried these yet? I've had one listening session with both and to me CSA (on the right) has some "hype train" - potential. (Notice pants with matching color scheme. :eyes:)

IMG_20200708_185529.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #31,318 of 33,689
I predict that I should get the Kinera Freya either tomorrow or on friday. Hopefully its good and doesnt have treble peaks....

Jul 8, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #31,319 of 33,689
Jul 8, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #31,320 of 33,689
Arrived today!

A1EBE4B1-0B09-4E7E-94CA-6CDEE62D5FC9.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back