Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 13, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #31,051 of 33,689
aa5dc388-eec8-4810-b1d7-ce8837d4063a.png

Borrowed his phone and took one picture of the Moondrop blessing 2 with the macro camera mode. Looks so nice.

Edit: I didnt have any good lighting and wasnt focused on taking a good picture since he was leaving, but this makes me want a new smartphone...

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #31,052 of 33,689
Mayday we have a casualty! My friend tried the Tripowin TP10 and although he didnt die from the treble spikes. He said that the female vocals on his favorite songs were ruined. And that if he tried to gym with it, he would get sick after 20 minutes. :joy:
I have the kbear kb10 which I think is the same earphone in a different shell and they are harsh. They do have excellent isolation however, they have a suction effect when you put them in your ears. With wavelet autoeq they sound good though. I can concur. For £20 I paid I'm fine with that. Out of the box they are screechy.

Jun 13, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #31,053 of 33,689
I have the kbear kb10 which I think is the same earphone in a different shell and they are harsh. They do have excellent isolation however, they have a suction effect when you put them in your ears. With wavelet autoeq they sound good though. I can concur. For £20 I paid I'm fine with that. Out of the box they are screechy.
I got it from a linsoul loot box for 5 usd. Still pissed at that price, so can't believe that they sold it for 60 usd originally!!!

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #31,054 of 33,689
Borrowed his phone and took one picture of the Moondrop blessing 2 with the macro camera mode. Looks so nice.

Edit: I didnt have any good lighting and wasnt focused on taking a good picture since he was leaving, but this makes me want a new smartphone...
It‘s pretty amazing what an inexpensive clip-on macro lens can do with an old iPhone.

Edit: Now I just need some new IEMs to take pics of. :ksc75smile:

Attachments

• 27576149-CA72-4A3E-AC5B-2E91E58D7CC1.jpeg
    27576149-CA72-4A3E-AC5B-2E91E58D7CC1.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #31,055 of 33,689
It‘s pretty amazing what an inexpensive clip-on macro lens can do with an old iPhone.

Edit: Now I just need some new IEMs to take pics of. :ksc75smile:
WOW, which ones are they? seems to be quite a lot of clip-on macro lenses. Hopefully they also work for my LG G7. Gonna get one ASAP.

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #31,056 of 33,689
WOW, which ones are they? seems to be quite a lot of clip-on macro lenses. Hopefully they also work for my LG G7. Gonna get one ASAP.
This is not the least expensive one, but it’s the one I took a chance on, and am pleased with. It also has a wide angle lens and a clip on LED light that is a lot more useful than I thought it would be. There are a bunch of other ones that I’m sure are just as good though.
https://www.amazon.com/Xenvo-iPhone-Camera-Lens-Clip/dp/B01A6D2JVI

Jun 13, 2020 at 6:32 PM Post #31,057 of 33,689
This is not the least expensive one, but it’s the one I took a chance on, and am pleased with. It also has a wide angle lens and a clip on LED light that is a lot more useful than I thought it would be. There are a bunch of other ones that I’m sure are just as good though.
https://www.amazon.com/Xenvo-iPhone-Camera-Lens-Clip/dp/B01A6D2JVI
Looks nice, but it does look like it wont fit my LG G7...I do some more research but I tell you this. You just destroyed my only reason to upgrade my phone :joy:, Thank you for that :laughing:.

Jun 14, 2020 at 2:27 AM Post #31,058 of 33,689
Definitely agree with u there. I try not to give up on an IEM and attempt some mods if possible. Or even EQ as a last resort. Look where the Blon would be if everyone gave up on the notorious fit.

Though i suspect we are the minority in knowing and doing mods to help our IEMs. Unfortunately i think the vast majority of lay consumers and those new to the hobby will just use the iem as it is OOTB without mods. If it sounds bad, they won't be remedying it and just send it back. And the bad rep sticks.
I'm not a hobbyist to the point of doing lots of physical mods (though I'd like to get better at that), but it always is extremely strange to me that even most fairly devoted hobbyists don't tinker with their gear and settings more or are just "opposed" to EQ or DSP philosophically.... To the point that basically many reviewers, like HBB/BGGAR just really kind of give up on that and pigeon hole everything for the non tinkerers.

I can get most of my sets sounding very similar if I feel like it, I don't think I have a set out there I haven't been able to make sound better to me without a little tinkering.... Nothing gets away completely free from a cable swap, EQ, or DSP in my arena.... I don't own nor have I heard a pair that couldn't be improved to my ears with a little tinkering....

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #31,059 of 33,689
I'm not a hobbyist to the point of doing lots of physical mods (though I'd like to get better at that), but it always is extremely strange to me that even most fairly devoted hobbyists don't tinker with their gear and settings more or are just "opposed" to EQ or DSP philosophically.... To the point that basically many reviewers, like HBB/BGGAR just really kind of give up on that and pigeon hole everything for the non tinkerers.

I can get most of my sets sounding very similar if I feel like it, I don't think I have a set out there I haven't been able to make sound better to me without a little tinkering.... Nothing gets away completely free from a cable swap, EQ, or DSP in my arena.... I don't own nor have I heard a pair that couldn't be improved to my ears with a little tinkering....

Yes, this is a tragedy. Sometimes, it is as simple as installing wide bore tips, or a small strip of micropore tape over the nozzle.

What makes it all the more sad is that for some people, this may be their very 1st experience with ChiFi or with budget audio gear. So out of disappointment or frustration they might walk away with a bad taste in their mouth, and just go back to thinking that Beats or AirPods are their best or only option.

Jun 14, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #31,060 of 33,689
So, does anyone know what the purpose of the Shozy B2 is? Is it merely a more expensive BL03, or does it have some qualities that make it worth it’s price?

Come to think of it, I wonder if some people have referred to the Shozy B2 by just typing “B2” and I just assumed they were referring to the Moondrop Blessing 2?

Jun 15, 2020 at 4:00 AM Post #31,061 of 33,689
Thank you for the comment.

Yep. My favorites right now are:

Sub $100:
Dynamic: TFZ King Exclusive Upgraded (it has been descounted to $69 now at Penon) or Hidizs MS1
Hybrid: BQYEZ KB100
Armature: not found yet

$100-200:
Dymanic: Anew U1
Hybrid: Kinera Idun Delux, LZ A6Mini
Armature: Shozy & Neo CP

$200 and up:
Dynamic: Tanchjim Oxygen
Hybrid: LZ A6, Hidizs MS4
Armature: not found yet, bu the only ones I've got - Earnine EN2J are very good. Just don't have anything to compare from the similar type of IEMs.
Would be good to see an update to your list
Thank you for the comment.

Yep. My favorites right now are:

Sub $100:
Dynamic: TFZ King Exclusive Upgraded (it has been descounted to $69 now at Penon) or Hidizs MS1
Hybrid: BQYEZ KB100
Armature: not found yet

$100-200:
Dymanic: Anew U1
Hybrid: Kinera Idun Delux, LZ A6Mini
Armature: Shozy & Neo CP

$200 and up:
Dynamic: Tanchjim Oxygen
Hybrid: LZ A6, Hidizs MS4
Armature: not found yet, bu the only ones I've got - Earnine EN2J are very good. Just don't have anything to compare from the similar type of IEMs.
Would be good to see an update to your list 14 months later. Cheers...

Jun 15, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #31,062 of 33,689
Ordered:
LZ Z04A
LZ Z05A
NiceHCK Tracelss
NiceHCK MX500
DQSM Turandot

Christmas is coming early for me :joy:

Jun 15, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #31,065 of 33,689
@RikudouGoku X-mas already here
jhn35.jpg
:L3000:
Oh those, they have a strange driver called "VST". Look forward to hearing your impressions on them. Sad that they have a non-replaceable cable though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back