Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 11, 2020 at 7:41 PM Post #31,036 of 33,689
And these **** MT300 (EST+DD+BA)...?

¥ 19,073 | **** MT300 TDK EST Knowles Dyanmic EST+BA+DD Hybrid Hifi Music Monitor DJ Studio CNC Metal MMCX Audiophile Earphones Earbuds
https://a.aliexpress.com/_d7Z5t3i

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #31,038 of 33,689
It's finally happening bois, a consumer friendly electrostatic driver under 200 euros.

I'm not sure if it is a true electrostat though. A lot of the CHIFI companies use magnostat or electrets and pass it off as an electrostat unit (cough cough.... Shuoer). I'm not an expert but I think the true electrostats are quite expensive and they supposedly require an external charge. I think an electret is already charged but they theoretically lose their charge with time, supposedly once the charge runs out totally, they can't be used.

But as we are all in this CHIFI budget rabbithole, we know a new hypetrain would have reached our mailbox way before any electret charge is gone, maybe the new hypetrain might even come while we are still burning in the exisiting set LOL.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #31,039 of 33,689
I'm not sure if it is a true electrostat though. A lot of the CHIFI companies use magnostat or electrets and pass it off as an electrostat unit (cough cough.... Shuoer). I'm not an expert but I think the true electrostats are quite expensive and they supposedly require an external charge. I think an electret is already charged but they theoretically lose their charge with time, supposedly once the charge runs out totally, they can't be used.

But as we are all in this CHIFI budget rabbithole, we know a new hypetrain would have reached our mailbox way before any electret charge is gone, maybe the new hypetrain might even come while we are still burning in the exisiting set LOL.
i believe you are right and the EST inside is Electrets as all the others are using at the moment (EJ07, ST7, Trilight...)

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:24 PM Post #31,040 of 33,689
A true Electrostatic Transducer requires a high DC Voltage, to produce the Electrostatic Field in which the diaphragm is suspended.
Then, the audio signal provides the "modulation" force that moves the diaphragm in the field, producing sound.
I've built a simple Electrostatic speaker, which was basically a modulated capacitor.
It consisted of 12x 18" square sheets of heavy duty Aluminum Foil, separated by sheets of heavy duty plastic trash bags.
This stack was pressed between two pieces of Pegboard, and a 1x2 wood frame, bolted together (mainly for safety from the high voltage).
Alternate sheets of the Aluminum Foil were wired together, so there were two wire leads coming out of the speaker.
It was wired with a 450 VDC Power Supply in series with the Primary of an Audio Matching Transformer, connected to the leads.
Then, a 35W Dynaco Tube Amplifier was connected to the Secondary of the Transformer.
When audio was played, it would modulate the 450 VDC voltage across the "capacitor" - causing the stacked pieces of foil to pull tighter together, or relax a bit - and the slight movement produced the sound.
This style of Electrostatic speaker doesn't have much excursion, so it doesn't produce much low Bass - but if it were very large, it could move a fair amount of air.

Jun 11, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #31,041 of 33,689
i believe you are right and the EST inside is Electrets as all the others are using at the moment (EJ07, ST7, Trilight...)
Those three models are using the sonion mini est with voltage adapter/modulater. Those are the most expensive ones that are MOST similar to full size electrostatics...

The others tend to be electret style drivers called magnetstats, etc like the shuoer tape and singer that are cheaper.

Honestly, electret and electrostatics are totally different. Whoever came up with the term electret surely did it purposefully to try to make it sound similar, almost to the point of being an obvious con job....

Jun 12, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #31,042 of 33,689
those are magnetostatics, the shape of their 'electret' driver looks excatly the same as shuoer tape's one.
11251339.jpg

Jun 13, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #31,043 of 33,689
Mayday we have a casualty! My friend tried the Tripowin TP10 and although he didnt die from the treble spikes. He said that the female vocals on his favorite songs were ruined. And that if he tried to gym with it, he would get sick after 20 minutes. :joy:

Jun 13, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #31,044 of 33,689
Mayday we have a casualty! My friend tried the Tripowin TP10 and although he didnt die from the treble spikes. He said that the female vocals on his favorite songs were ruined. And that if he tried to gym with it, he would get sick after 20 minutes. :joy:

I still can't believe they're asking for north of $60 for this set!

Is your friend an audiophile or a newbie? If he is the latter, then that explains why the TP10 was their first and last IEM release. There's been a few graphs here showing TP10 to be the same as the kbear kb10 and KZ A10. Probably some oem thing going on. I tried messaging Tripowin to ask how they are related to KZ, but I've never gotten a reply LOL.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #31,045 of 33,689
He is someone that has known me for almost 10 years, so he definitely has been exposed to my...audio side for a long time. He has had the Xiaomi hybrids, KZ ZS7, TFZ My Love edition 2019 and the LZ A6. (All of them, he tried my pair first). He has also tried a lot of my other sets. So while he cant explain it as well as we do, he can definitely hear what a bad set is.

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #31,046 of 33,689
I still can't believe they're asking for north of $60 for this set!

Is your friend an audiophile or a newbie? If he is the latter, then that explains why the TP10 was their first and last IEM release. I tried messaging Tripowin to ask how they are related to KZ, but I've never gotten a reply LOL.
He is someone that has known me for almost 10 years, so he definitely has been exposed to my...audio side for a long time. He has had the Xiaomi hybrids, KZ ZS7, TFZ My Love edition 2019 and the LZ A6. (All of them, he tried my pair first). He has also tried a lot of my other sets. So while he cant explain it as well as we do, he can definitely hear what a bad set is.

That’s how a lot of people felt when the ZS6 v1 came out. There are things you can do to known down that treble spike. It may be a simple matter of adding a piece of foam, or sealing off one of the treble BAs, or adding a damper to one of the vents.

Jun 13, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #31,047 of 33,689
That’s how a lot of people felt when the ZS6 v1 came out. There are things you can do to known down that treble spike. It may be a simple matter of adding a piece of foam, or sealing off one of the treble BAs, or adding a damper to one of the vents.

Definitely agree with u there. I try not to give up on an IEM and attempt some mods if possible. Or even EQ as a last resort. Look where the Blon would be if everyone gave up on the notorious fit.

Though i suspect we are the minority in knowing and doing mods to help our IEMs. Unfortunately i think the vast majority of lay consumers and those new to the hobby will just use the iem as it is OOTB without mods. If it sounds bad, they won't be remedying it and just send it back. And the bad rep sticks.

Last edited:
Jun 13, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #31,049 of 33,689
He couldn't handle all the dEtAiLs and ClArItY.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #31,050 of 33,689
Definitely agree with u there. I try not to give up on an IEM and attempt some mods if possible. Or even EQ as a last resort. Look where the Blon would be if everyone gave up on the notorious fit.

Agreed. I see it as a total loss if I just wrote it off and throw it away. If I can save it with some free mods I’m not out anything, and I improve my tuning and modding skills.

I know a lot of people just sell them off, but if I can only get $5 for a used IEM I paid $30 for, then I’ll just keep it. If anything, reuse the shell for a driver swap, or tear it down for spare parts.

I learned how to build and mod full size headphones by working on broken and dead ones. I learned how to fix them, or do driver swaps, shell mods, etc and usually they’re perfectly usable. It’s no different than when welders practice on scrap steel, carpenters practice on scrap wood, jewelers practice on scrap jewelry, etc.

And yes, we’re definitely in the minority. But not everyone has the same hobbies and interests, and I respect that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back