Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 29, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #30,856 of 33,689
Hi all, I have a strange request. Would there be any budget IEMs under $200 that are designed to alleviate the pressure that wearing IEMs normally brings? Think 64 Audio Apex technology, where it's designed to specifically relieve pressure for musicians. However, 64 Audio apex modules themselves are $100, let along purchasing the IEMs in the first place.

Final Audio E2000 actually have a small port and it's noticable, where isolation is compromised, but it's a comfortable wear.

Indeed, I can wear earbuds, but I also need isoluation. I think I am too spoiled LOL.

In any case, a good recommendation will earn a like, and a thanks!

Andy
Basically anything with a front vent will do that.

May 29, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #30,857 of 33,689
Tanchjim is about to release their next higher end model "Hana":

101037689_608171746463719_2446851668919189504_n.jpg

I have high hopes for these... Oxygen is still one of the best Ive had evah. :stuck_out_tongue: They supposedly use the same shells.

May 29, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #30,859 of 33,689
Tanchjim is about to release their next higher end model "Hana":

101037689_608171746463719_2446851668919189504_n.jpg

I have high hopes for these... Oxygen is still one of the best Ive had evah. :stuck_out_tongue: They supposedly use the same shells.
Nice, looks clean. Hopefully they won't go with that massive 'HANA' design on the shells. It might fly by while in Japan, but it will look a little out of place on guys wearing in the west lol

May 29, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #30,861 of 33,689
Hi all, I have a strange request. Would there be any budget IEMs under $200 that are designed to alleviate the pressure that wearing IEMs normally brings? Think 64 Audio Apex technology, where it's designed to specifically relieve pressure for musicians. However, 64 Audio apex modules themselves are $100, let along purchasing the IEMs in the first place.

Final Audio E2000 actually have a small port and it's noticable, where isolation is compromised, but it's a comfortable wear.

Indeed, I can wear earbuds, but I also need isoluation. I think I am too spoiled LOL.

Andy

I recommend foam ear tips. They provide sound isolation w/o causing that pneumatic pressure. If there is a dynamic driver, it will be vented, which also helps.

If you really want to use silicone ear tips, you could use a sewing needle, and puncture 2 holes, by pushing the needle all the way across the center core (where the yellow lines are), that way as you push the tip into your ear canal, air can escape through the inside of the core, and out underneath the flange (blue lines). With silicone, the holes should seal up if no increased pressure, so there will still be a seal. I actually haven’t tried this yet, but it was invented by someone on the thread for the Sony IER-M9.
7E6F76EF-29F4-4230-B210-92C6327BA842.jpeg

Last edited:
May 29, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #30,862 of 33,689
I recommend foam ear tips. They provide sound isolation w/o causing that pneumatic pressure. If there is a dynamic driver, it will be vented, which also helps.

If you really want to use silicone ear tips, you could use a sewing needle, and puncture 2 holes, by pushing the needle all the way across the center core (where the yellow lines are), that way as you push the tip into your ear canal, air can escape through the inside of the core, and out underneath the flange (blue lines). With silicone, the holes should seal up if no increased pressure, so there will still be a seal. I actually haven’t tried this yet, but it was invented by someone on the thread for the Sony IER-M9.7E6F76EF-29F4-4230-B210-92C6327BA842.jpeg
Thanks for the diagram! Indeed, I was thinking something vaguely about doing this, or even on the IEM itself, lol.

May 29, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #30,863 of 33,689

Andy

http://blueeverblue.com/hdss.html

I also find the Fiio FH1s and DUNU DM 480 do a pretty good job at meeting your criteria.

May 30, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #30,864 of 33,689

Andy

Some nice suggestions all around. I'd also like to mention Sennheiser IE40 Pro. Fantastic isolation coupled with no pressure buildup results in an ideal set for on-stage monitoring.

May 30, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #30,865 of 33,689
I have a sneaky feeling the CHIFI gear we are scratching here in the west is really just a tip of the true CHIFI iceberg. Like there are some gems like JQ 8+1 that are highly rated, but are not really known in the west, and these stuff are just sold locally in Chinese websites like Taobao, and never sold in the more prominent western sites like Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay etc.

43dt2n.jpg

Any of u folks tried some of their non western released gear that are only found in their local sites? No doubt that may involve one having to speak and converse in Chinese, and possibly the mainland Chinese have different preferences in tuning (the cliche is they prefer the boosted upper mids for their music in contrast to the west). I've also realized that for an equivalent gear sold on Aliexpress, it may be substantially cheaper on taobao actually! Just that I had some friends tell me that buying gear on taobao is a bit like russian roulette sometimes for quality and customer service, and possibly for every gem u find, there might be five other pieces of turd.

May 30, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #30,866 of 33,689
Thank goodness for sites such as this, where fans of little known (worldwide that is) local gems can spread the word, and sometimes eventually make the product available elsewhere. JVC FD01 comes to mind, as does Hidition (though it’s still difficult to get Hidition items in the West).

May 30, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #30,867 of 33,689
I have a sneaky feeling the CHIFI gear we are scratching here in the west is really just a tip of the true CHIFI iceberg. Like there are some gems like JQ 8+1 that are highly rated, but are not really known in the west, and these stuff are just sold locally in Chinese websites like Taobao, and never sold in the more prominent western sites like Aliexpress, Amazon, Ebay etc.

43dt2n.jpg

Any of u folks tried some of their non western released gear that are only found in their local sites? No doubt that may involve one having to speak and converse in Chinese, and possibly the mainland Chinese have different preferences in tuning (the cliche is they prefer the boosted upper mids for their music in contrast to the west). I've also realized that for an equivalent gear sold on Aliexpress, it may be substantially cheaper on taobao actually! Just that I had some friends tell me that buying gear on taobao is a bit like russian roulette sometimes for quality and customer service, and possibly for every gem u find, there might be five other pieces of turd.

True that! Just a few days back I discovered SoftEars Turii, a really fascinating design and driver assembly, but it's got literally zero mention in most of the sites. I think this applies even more to the Japanese IEMs, as many of their locally available stuff are barely known in the Western lands.

May 30, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #30,868 of 33,689
20200530_130503-01.jpeg

This week I got the Pizen DLC. The only other person I've seen comment on these here is @TheVortex. His post is here. My impression is less favorable. They seem capable enough, but the tonal accuracy is off throughout the range. My guess is that sound waves are reflecting off of the parallel faces of the casing, resulting in a compressed or flattened tonality (but what do I know?). So despite a strong and reasonably articulate bass and an overall balanced presentation, resolution and timbre are behind the pace of the current best in this price range. As for the extras, the cable and carrying case are pretty nice.

May 30, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #30,869 of 33,689

This week I got the Pizen DLC. The only other person I've seen comment on these here is @TheVortex. His post is here. My impression is less favorable. They seem capable enough, but the tonal accuracy is off throughout the range. My guess is that sound waves are reflecting off of the parallel faces of the casing, resulting in a compressed or flattened tonality (but what do I know?). So despite a strong and reasonably articulate bass and an overall balanced presentation, resolution and timbre are behind the pace of the current best in this price range. As for the extras, the cable and carrying case are pretty nice.

I've got a pair of these too. I think the bass is of excellent quality and not too elevated but they are ruined by way too prominent upper midrange IMHO. With a better tuning they could be real good I think.

Last edited:
May 30, 2020 at 2:31 PM Post #30,870 of 33,689
I've got a pair of these too. I think the bass is of excellent quality and not too elevated but they are ruined by way too prominent upper midrange IMHO. With a better tuning they could be real good I think.
Yeah, the bass is their most outstanding attribute. It feels like there was lost potential here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back