Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 22, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #30,811 of 33,689
I like the Shures as a stage monitor both for isolation (I use multi-flange tips, and drum in a completely enclosed cage), as well as for their more neutral tuning. I really like the midrange on the se846. The L3s definitely have a good amount of bass, with DD bass. They are not neutral, but do sound well balanced, and Harman-ish tuned. Mids are clear and not too recessed.

I want to get the L3 in CIEM form. Right now, I‘m just trying to find a place where I can get digital ear impressions made. I definitely want to try CIEM L3s as a stage monitor.
Ok, just curious! Thanks

May 22, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #30,812 of 33,689
I hope it would not be more expensive in this current climate. About the feces clogging thing...depends on what you are into. What floats your boat. I am not into that sort of thing. For me they will only go in my ears so I don't think that will be an issue for me. To each his own though. Not for me to judge. :flushed:
I believe in the article I just posted coming and written by LZ the cost would be no more than the A6. But, yea about the feces clogging situation, those were his words, not mine. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #30,813 of 33,689
@1clearhead Do you know if the A7 has a different tuning than the A6? So it will be good to have both or will the A7 be a direct upgrade for the A6?
According to his article, he mentions that the tuning will be different, which I think is a good thing! Though, I have no idea if its a direct upgrade. We would have to find out from those that decide to get one for review.

May 23, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #30,814 of 33,689
You know, armatures. :) 1 dynamic, 2 piezo's, and 4 Lou's. That makes 7.

The Chinese use ‘moving iron’ as a translation for BA. As for ‘Lou’ it probably means Knowles. If you google for “lou moving iron” you will find results of Knowles balanced armatures.

May 23, 2020 at 6:57 AM Post #30,815 of 33,689
I believe in the article I just posted coming and written by LZ the cost would be no more than the A6. But, yea about the feces clogging situation, those were his words, not mine. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I think the "feces" he is talking about is about ear wax. At least in Cantonese the word for ear wax also has the word for feces in it so the translation probably made a misstake there. Hopefully :joy:

May 23, 2020 at 8:50 AM Post #30,817 of 33,689
Yeah comes across as if I missed it but was in agreement that not raising the price was the proper thing in the current economic climate. Kudos to them for that.

I do hope though they use a different material for the housing. IIRC, several complaints with the LZ A5 about a condensation/moisture build up issue. Going back to that shape seems good but perhaps with some change to ensure that won't be an issue.

Could you post that article so people that know chinese can at least try to translate it?

Well some of the best laughs come from the machine translations. :)

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #30,820 of 33,689
So very many new IEMs on the horizon. It‘s an incredible time for this hobby. More amazing is that the pandemic doesn’t seem to have slowed down the development of new products, though it may be that the effects may not be felt for a year or two.

May 23, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #30,821 of 33,689
So very many new IEMs on the horizon. It‘s an incredible time for this hobby. More amazing is that the pandemic doesn’t seem to have slowed down the development of new products, though it may be that the effects may not be felt for a year or two.
The last few months has been quite slow in new released though. But now just suddenly they all came out at the same time. :joy:

May 23, 2020 at 10:20 AM Post #30,822 of 33,689
Hello guys, got a good afternoon to study and picking some "old" stuff back. When I was searching for and old pair of IEMs to try again I found again my CCA C12.
I have reviewed them on my website and then I got some other earphones to review so I just left them between all the other stuff I've got in my room.
Hell, today I'm enjoying them a lot, I think they're among the most undervalued IEMs of the last year. I'm loving them, they really feel like a little Meze 99 Classics with some more energy in the lows and a smaller soundstage.. but hey, timbre is similar.

Last edited:
May 23, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #30,823 of 33,689
Could you post that article so people that know chinese can atleast try to translate it?
No problem. Here's the Chinese version before translation. Anyone that knows Chinese, please help yourself and chime in, if you can translate it more accurate for us.🧐

LZ-A7工程机将于7月中旬于大家见面,外观类似于A5,女生佩戴也无任何压力,配置为单边7单元驱动,动圈采用9.2mm,振膜构造为pu软边加竹纤维 振膜,(构造类似于音箱低频的喇叭),音圈为合金线圈(进口,不多说),压电陶瓷为双压电陶瓷(进口的,解决国产的用手机音频转接线有底噪问题 而且音质也提升),动铁采用4颗娄氏(这也不用解释了,都懂),中频增强拨码开关(必须有效果,100-3k之间平均4db增强,1k-2k频段直接4db增强 ),调音嘴5对,铝管3对,钢管1对,铜管1对,肯定声音有变化,人格保证(改变以前版本的弊端,阻尼不会因为耳油耳屎堵塞而偏音),母 座采用保护式的mmcx母座,解决以前版本的接触不良或者损坏,线材未定,不过肯定升级,关于售价问题,我只能说不会贵过A6,其他改进后续,谢谢!

May 23, 2020 at 12:51 PM Post #30,824 of 33,689
The last few months has been quite slow in new released though. But now just suddenly they all came out at the same time. :joy:
Yeah, there was nothing new for a good three-four months from China, just watching the Ali sellers pages made it obvious the pandemic was grinding things to a halt..... No doubt the pandemic had obvious effects. The trickle down effects will be interesting to see. It'll be interesting to see what some of the tinkerers came up with while on lockdown.... There could be some stagnation, or big leaps in design, who knows?

BQEYZ Spring 2 sounds interesting, but wondering if the BQ6 got shelved due to the pandemic....

May 23, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #30,825 of 33,689
No problem. Here's the Chinese version before translation. Anyone that knows Chinese, please help yourself and chime in, if you can translate it more accurate for us.🧐

LZ-A7工程机将于7月中旬于大家见面,外观类似于A5,女生佩戴也无任何压力,配置为单边7单元驱动,动圈采用9.2mm,振膜构造为pu软边加竹纤维 振膜,(构造类似于音箱低频的喇叭),音圈为合金线圈(进口,不多说),压电陶瓷为双压电陶瓷(进口的,解决国产的用手机音频转接线有底噪问题 而且音质也提升),动铁采用4颗娄氏(这也不用解释了,都懂),中频增强拨码开关(必须有效果,100-3k之间平均4db增强,1k-2k频段直接4db增强 ),调音嘴5对,铝管3对,钢管1对,铜管1对,肯定声音有变化,人格保证(改变以前版本的弊端,阻尼不会因为耳油耳屎堵塞而偏音),母 座采用保护式的mmcx母座,解决以前版本的接触不良或者损坏,线材未定,不过肯定升级,关于售价问题,我只能说不会贵过A6,其他改进后续,谢谢!
Google translate translation sounds weirder than the taobao translation. Except the "feces" is a translation error on the taobao version and on google translate it is ear wax as I suspected

The LZ-A7 engineering machine will meet you in mid-July. The appearance is A5. There is no pressure on the girl. It is configured as a single-sided 7-unit drive, the moving coil is 9.2mm, and the diaphragm is constructed of pu soft edges plus bamboo fiber vibration. Membrane, (speaker that constructs speaker speakers), the voice coil is an alloy coil (imported, not to mention), the piezoelectric ceramic is a bipolar ceramic (imported, to solve the problem of noise floor and sound quality of domestic mobile phone audio adapters) Upgrade), the moving iron uses 4 Lou's (this does not need to be explained, all understand), the intermediate frequency enhancement dial switch (must have an effect, the average 4db enhancement between 100-3k, 1k-2k direct 4db enhancement), adjust 5 pairs of mouthpieces, 3 pairs of aluminum pipes, 1 pair of steel pipes, 1 pair of copper pipes, there must be a change in the sound, personality guarantee (change the drawbacks of the previous version, the damping will not be biased due to blockage of ear oil and ear wax), the female seat is protected The type of mmcx female seat solves the poor contact or damage of the previous version. The wire is undecided, but it must be upgraded. Regarding this kind of problem, I can only say that it will not be expensive than A6. Other improvements follow up, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back