Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 20, 2020 at 12:35 PM Post #30,766 of 33,689
DD informed me that my Urbanblobs had
I asked them today to enquire at the carrier about the status of the package. They replied me that the carrier said the package is still in transit. Somehow i am not totally convinced as there are multiple reports about shipping problems at Linsoul/DD-Audio. Guess i have no choice but to wait.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #30,768 of 33,689
Hey I just created an audio website for reviews and I just did a review on the Moondrop KXXs, FiiO FH1s and the BLON-03! take a look!
Link: https://www.perrivanaudio.com/

Nice review of the FiiO FH1s!

I found the FH1s really benefited from an amp. The lower mids are more even to the upper mids with amping. I am using the Q1 Mk II.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #30,769 of 33,689
Another addition to my collection 😍

IMG_20200521_191236.jpg

Are you able to guess the Model of this 3 Drivers Monstrosity ?

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #30,773 of 33,689
What are some of the best Chinese IEM’s out there under $400 with a good amount of bass and punch?

I have some Westone AM pro 30’s right now that I use in my band, but they’re pretty neutral and boring to use when listening to music.
Audiosense T800 (BA that sounds similar to a DD)

LZ A6 (Quality bass and good quantity too)

Dunu DK2001 (probably, dont have it)

Urbanfun ISS014 (Cheaper but still very impressive)

TFZ No.3 ( Rumble party, not so tight though)

(the stuff I have and can personally recommend except the DK2001)

May 21, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #30,774 of 33,689

i see your tag and see Blessing 2 , What do you think about it ? is it worth the price ? or there is something better at that price point ?

May 21, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #30,775 of 33,689
i see your tag and see Blessing 2 , What do you think about it ? is it worth the price ? or there is something better at that price point ?
It is definitely worth the price. But as always it is up to what you personally want. Do you want a fun iem with massive bass? or a thinner-analytical-bright iem with a very clean sound overall, then the B2 is a very good iem for you.

May 21, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #30,776 of 33,689
The question is - do those who own already the Starfield need the Diamond?

If I had to pick one of the two, I think the Starfield is marginally better so would go to that, but if you own the Diamond, the differences between it and the Starfield don't justify the spend in my estimation. Starfield was a touch more detailed while Diamond is slightly more relaxed. Others may prefer the diamond because of that smoothness it brings.

Reviews of both are on my blog along with the WG T-one which also slots into that group nicely.

W

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #30,777 of 33,689
Is there anyway to see when a product was added to aliexpress/taobao? Like when you find an iem you are not familiar with but want to check if it is a new or an old iem. (obviously search if there are posts/reviews/impressions about it first).

May 21, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #30,778 of 33,689
If I had to pick one of the two, I think the Starfield is marginally better so would go to that, but if you own the Diamond, the differences between it and the Starfield don't justify the spend in my estimation. Starfield was a touch more detailed while Diamond is slightly more relaxed. Others may prefer the diamond because of that smoothness it brings.

Reviews of both are on my blog along with the WG T-one which also slots into that group nicely.

W
So Starfielders need not get the WG T-one?

May 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM Post #30,779 of 33,689
What are some of the best Chinese IEM’s out there under $400 with a good amount of bass and punch?

I have some Westone AM pro 30’s right now that I use in my band, but they’re pretty neutral and boring to use when listening to music.

TFZ No.3 is a bass head IEM. BLON BL03 has a lot of bass as well, and I prefer its tonality/tuning to the No.3. ThieAudio Legacy 3 doesn’t have a ton of bass, but has a good amount, and can hit hard if needed. It is a well balanced yet fun IEM, and is currently easily one of my favorites. If you happen to want open back (no isolation, but huge soundstage), and use an iPhone or iPad, the Audeze iSine10 with cypher cable has great bass, and is easy to adjust with EQ.

Oh, also the Shouer Tape has a lot of clean bass, but it has a unique tuning and sound, so it is not safe universal recommendation.

Honestly, there are a bunch of IEMs with good bass that are no where near your $400 limit. You could actually get a few different ones.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #30,780 of 33,689

Thanks for this list. I've actually tried the T800's but didn't like them at all. The high end did not sound good to me and the bass wasn't great. I'll take a look at the others though. Would you say all these would equal or surpass the quality of the Westone am pro30's I have? I'd have to sell them to afford these new Chinese ones.
TFZ No.3 is a bass head IEM. BLON BL03 has a lot of bass as well, and I prefer its tonality/tuning to the No.3. ThieAudio Legacy 3 doesn’t have a ton of bass, but has a good amount, and can hit hard if needed. It is a well balanced yet fun IEM, and is currently easily one of my favorites. If you happen to want open back (no isolation, but huge soundstage), and use an iPhone or iPad, the Audeze iSine10 with cypher cable has great bass, and is easy to adjust with EQ.

Oh, also the Shouer Tape has a lot of clean bass, but it has a unique tuning and sound, so it is not safe universal recommendation.

Honestly, there are a bunch of IEMs with good bass that are no where near your $400 limit. You could actually get a few different ones.
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll take a look at those. Would you say they would equal or surpass the quality of my Westones I have? I'd have to sell them to get the new Chinese ones you recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back