Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
May 18, 2020 at 3:30 PM Post #30,736 of 33,689
+1 for the ED9 value, pure budget fun. As a side note, mine failed on left side after 8 mths of daily (ab)use, cable connection likely. Just received a new one and to my surprise it sounds considerably better OOTB - tighter, leaner bass, clearer midrange, better vocals, even with the bass filter, great stage. Using spinfits cp100. Not far off Crescent or blon03. Maybe KZ (kudos btw) retuned it or I just got lucky on QC.
Yes, I love my ED9's. Listening with them now and the past three weeks while I'm visiting my brother. I have been listening to everything from classical music to heavy metal, and I find that they do a great job with everything. I do use eq to tweak if needed. Often I add a but of low end because I'm a lover of robust bass.

I've had mine for over three years.

May 18, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #30,737 of 33,689
Yes, I love my ED9's. Listening with them now and the past three weeks while I'm visiting my brother. I have been listening to everything from classical music to heavy metal, and I find that they do a great job with everything. I do use eq to tweak if needed. Often I add a but of low end because I'm a lover of robust bass.

mad respect to you for being able to use the same stuff so long. I wonder if I can hold myself from getting anything new for 3 months lol...Hell Sometimes I order more when I already have something else that is on the way. :joy:

May 18, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #30,738 of 33,689

Agreed, ED9 just doesn't get boring. When I said leaner bass, that's compared to the boombox that was my previous set. Also a fan of plentiful, tight bass... why I got the DR2 :)

May 18, 2020 at 4:49 PM Post #30,739 of 33,689
mad respect to you for being able to use the same stuff so long. I wonder if I can hold myself from getting anything new for 3 months lol...Hell Sometimes I order more when I already have something else that is on the way. :joy:
oh, I've bought many sets of headphones and IEM's in the past few years. But the ED9's remain a favorite for when I'm on the move. They're sturdy and they won't cost much to replace if I lose them.

I'm waiting for a set of Blon BL-03's to arrive from China, but it's taking so long that I have about 6 other pairs of IEM's in my AliExpress shopping cart and a couple in my Amazon shopping cart!

Last edited:
May 18, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #30,740 of 33,689
Anew X-One Review. Very clean & focused sound.
Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always. Take care and stay safe everyone! :)

photo_2020-05-18_20-39-26 (3).jpg photo_2020-05-18_20-39-27 (5).jpg

Last edited:
May 19, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #30,742 of 33,689
Between KZ ZSX and CCA C12 which one is better in vocals (especially male vocals), which one is less harsh and fatiguing in treble? thanks

ZsX of course.
C12 have more aggressive upper mids.

May 19, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #30,743 of 33,689
Between KZ ZSX and CCA C12 which one is better in vocals (especially male vocals), which one is less harsh and fatiguing in treble? thanks

I haven’t heard the CCA C12, but the ZSX doesn’t have harsh and fatiguing treble. It‘s fine for vocals, but not that great due to having BA timbre, but that‘s just my opinion. In this price range, I prefer single DDs instead of hybrids.

May 19, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #30,746 of 33,689
Thanks DynamicEars & IEMusic is there any decent single DD or single DD and single BA IEM for around $35 that have good mids and details as well? I'm aware of Blon BL 03, any other? thanks

You got your answer, thats the only thing in my mind for your budget, one of the best

May 19, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #30,748 of 33,689
Rikudou, mine says Shenzhen.
Apparently mine are on their way all of a sudden too.
I opted for cheap delivery because i figured in current times it would take long no matter what I chose and figured I wouldnt spend the money on DHL.
51B92F8C-D0D8-4FAC-BC11-1F9BE5A8927D.png
I have ordered L3 from DD-Audio and the tracking has been stuck for a week on the same status like in your picture. Did you eventually receive your order ? Was there any update on the tracking ?

May 19, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #30,749 of 33,689
I have ordered L3 from DD-Audio and the tracking has been stuck for a week on the same status like in your picture. Did you eventually receive your order ? Was there any update on the tracking ?
Once the package has left china it usually doesnt update until it arrived at your country (unless it is DHL express, then they usually give updates quite often). Give it more time and especially now in this situation.

I recieved my urbanfun just one day out of nowhere and the dhl tracking page still hasnt updated at all.

May 19, 2020 at 3:03 PM Post #30,750 of 33,689
Once the package has left china it usually doesnt update until it arrived at your country (unless it is DHL express, then they usually give updates quite often). Give it more time and especially now in this situation.

I recieved my urbanfun just one day out of nowhere and the dhl tracking page still hasnt updated at all.
It was shipped with Aliexpress standard shipping and i always get full tracking with this shipping option to The Netherlands. The thing is mostly it hangs one to a few days in this tracking status and then the tracking moves on.

I have ordered a like a hundred packages with Aliexpress standard shipping so this kind of feels weird. Especially with the messages recently on Head-Fi about how DD-Audio/Linsoul is screwing up their logistics and customer service.

For example a package i received last week with Aliexpress standard shipping.

3A0E0E46-A44F-48C0-93F9-E5D34E585E83.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back